• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 510picker

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 16, 2017
    Martinsville
    I was at Sam’s Club at 9 AM this morning searching for Elijah Craig Barrel Proof. Went to the bourbon area and none to be found. Next stop was Costco which opened at 10 AM, but my wife had to return something to a store over at Southport and Emerson. That store also opened at 10 AM, so once we finished there we headed to Costco.

I went down the bourbon aisle and once again, nothing. My wife said she was going to head to the produce area, but I saw an employee down at the end cap stocking something, so I said I wanted to check it out. As I got closer I saw the boxes said “Elijah Craig Barrel Proof” on the side. He handed me the first bottle and I was a happy man! BDBB953D-485B-41B8-863D-C32DA6BBD15B.jpeg

Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI
    I was at Sam’s Club at 9 AM this morning searching for Elijah Craig Barrel Proof. Went to the bourbon area and none to be found. Next stop was Costco which opened at 10 AM, but my wife had to return something to a store over at Southport and Emerson. That store also opened at 10 AM, so once we finished there we headed to Costco.

I went down the bourbon aisle and once again, nothing. My wife said she was going to head to the produce area, but I saw an employee down at the end cap stocking something, so I said I wanted to check it out. As I got closer I saw the boxes said “Elijah Craig Barrel Proof” on the side. He handed me the first bottle and I was a happy man! View attachment 258325
    I like ECBP over Toasted Barrel.

Hoosierdood

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 2, 2010
    North of you
    Went to see my daughter and son in law in Clarksville TN last week. He is stationed there at Ft Campbell. While there we went and checked out Old Glory distillery. I got a sampler flight of their bourbons and whiskeys. All were very good, but my favorite was their single barrel bourbon coming in at 118 proof. And it is extremely smooth. It’s not even close to $50 though, as I paid $85 for this bottle. This will be saved for special occasions.

4A6F9D62-5264-446D-A3BE-9906DDCF2C62.jpeg

Mij

Permaplinker (thanks to Expat)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 22, 2022
    In the corn and beans
    Don’t want to start a new post, so putting this here.

Some here know I’m a Scotch or Bourbon guy. Scotch is for special occasions for me. Bourbon is everyday kinda stuff.

Long story short, wife found an unknown scotch, Clan McGreger. Only one bottle on shelf, was marked down to ~18.00 for 1.750 ltr. Got it because of price. (She can’t pass up anything on sale) To my total surprise it was good. Told her wished she’d gotten more. Said it was all they had. I’m thinking the outfit is going out of business.

Now today in another town, in a CVS, same thing same price. She just called n told me, asked what to do? I asked how many on shelf? Answer, 4. Got’em all.

End of story is, if you like good Scotch, you may want to check this out. It tastes as good as single malt IMO. I’m using this as a stocking up opportunity. Best to all.

Top Bottom