• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sparky32

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Feb 5, 2013
    Morgantown
    Very Nice assortment! Looks like Old Fitz was Popular. Somebody's been hittin that 1792 n Bulleit back there, pretty hard too!
    It was at a friends house so the background was some of his stuff. The Pappy 15 was his bottle he had won at a raffle. He told a few of us that he would open it instead of selling it if each of us brought a rare bottle to open with it.

I ended up bringing 2 the GTS and RR13 to pop. At the end of the evening we had all been in agreement that Pappy 15 was good but only at MSRP good. No way to pay over 200 after tasting it. To be honest the RR13 was my favorite and Im on the hunt for another one.

Last edited:

sparky32

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Feb 5, 2013
    Morgantown

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    Went to a wedding last night in Covington, Kentucky at the Hotel Covington. Bourbon selection was outstanding.

View attachment 162528
    View attachment 162529

View attachment 162530
    View attachment 162531
    Most prices were reasonable, but I didn't pony up for the Pappy 23 Yr. I did finally get to try E.H. Taylor Single Barrel ($25). It was really good.
    The only rare bottle I’d drop a lot of cash to try is the William Larue Weller. I’ve read enough rave reviews about it to think there’s something to the hype. I’ve read a lot of reviews saying Pappy is not what they thought after all the hype. A lot of “good at MSRP but wouldn’t pay more.” It’s all subjective, but that’s the one I’ll always hunt.

tmschuller

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    Grant county
    A buddy of mine and I just shared a cigar and a glass of Blade & Bow tonight. Definitely an extremely good bourbon at a fair price.

Regards,

Doug
    I had a glass of Blade and bow last weekend and son brought over this.. not a huge scotch fan but this was good. No idea what it costs. Going to get a bottle though. Irish whiskey is to help finish the laundry room floor next weekend 7682F192-C615-43B8-939C-DE58AB962B71.jpeg

sparky32

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Feb 5, 2013
    Morgantown
    Well Kroger has another great barrel pick out if you see it snag it for 54 bucks. As im not a fan of Jeffersons at all I have not had a bad Kroger pick to date lol. This one is pretty good as well. Really taste rye forward (slight bite at the start) lots of honey, nutmeg, and small amounts of toasted marshmallow is how I taste it a ton of sweet honey on the nose for sure. Reminds me of 1792 BIB. Im not sure who picks the kroger selects but they are good at there job. :rockwoot:
    20211011_161958.jpg

Last edited:

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    Well Kroger has another great barrel pick out if you see it snag it for 54 bucks. As im not a fan of Jeffersons at all I have not had a bad Kroger pick to date lol. This one is pretty good as well. Really taste rye forward (slight bite at the start) lots of honey, nutmeg, and small amounts of toasted marshmallow is how I taste it a ton of sweet honey on the nose for sure. Reminds me of 1792 BIB. Im not sure who picks the kroger selects but they are good at there job. :rockwoot:
    View attachment 162766
    Maybe my Kroger is too small, but I haven’t seen those. Also, I hate you for leaving that bottle of Stagg at the edge of the shot.

sparky32

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Feb 5, 2013
    Morgantown
    Maybe my Kroger is too small, but I haven’t seen those. Also, I hate you for leaving that bottle of Stagg at the edge of the shot.
    They seem to pop up here in Frankin and Center Grove Kroger all the time not sure why really? That Stagg is my prized open bottle lol damn things went up 500 bucks on the secondary market overnight after news broke there is no 2021 George T Stagg release from Buffalo Trace this year.

jerrob

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Mar 1, 2013
    Cumberland Plateau
    View attachment 162766
    Ya got my attention when ya compared it to 1792 BIB. I picked up a 21st Amendment store pick of it a couple months back and really enjoyed it.
    Thanks for the review, I'll stop by the Fishers Kroger after work tomorrow.

sparky32

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Feb 5, 2013
    Morgantown
    Ya got my attention when ya compared it to 1792 BIB. I picked up a 21st Amendment store pick of it a couple months back and really enjoyed it.
    Thanks for the review, I'll stop by the Fishers Kroger after work tomorrow.
    They also had a New Riff Pick but those seem to be so hit and miss I passed on it.

Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI
    I can remember what I paid for it, but it was under $50. If 1792 had more spice, this is what it tastes like. I find it lacking in notes. FWIW it's OK, and I probably won't consider buying another bottle.

20211027_201439.jpg

20211027_201451.jpg

Top Bottom