• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sparky32

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Feb 5, 2013
    Morgantown
    Doesn't look like ya took it easy on that OF SB BS. Stopped into the OF distillary in Louisville a couple months back, they were a bit jealous that you had two bottles of it and they had none, lol.
    What's your overall opinion on that bottle Sparky?
    My honest thought after a couple months of being opened and a 2oz pour of it about once a week is many better barrel proof bourbons are out there. Dont get me wrong its good at MSRP but not at the current secondary market of 150-175 bucks. Elijah Craig BP, Stagg Jr, and Jack Daniels BP are much better. It drinks really hot still like crazy chest burn hot. I really thought it would settle down on the heat after 2 months but is still hot as ****.

If it tells you anything the other bottle I had Ive traded for a Blantons Store pick.

20211029_152348.jpg

sparky32

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Feb 5, 2013
    Morgantown
    It took me a while but the 1792 collection is almost complete with a Sweet Wheat snag. Still missing Port Finished and 225th anniversary but those are near impossible for me to get even on Facebook bourbon pages at a decent price...... I really have a collecting problem. 20211102_194255_resized.jpg

Last edited:

Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI

sparky32

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Feb 5, 2013
    Morgantown
    If your a Beam fan as I am Knob Creek is releasing an 18 year bottle in early 2022. Wish it was 120proof vs the 100 but whatever.

I know a lot of people including myself prefer the 12year over the 15year so this might be kind of interesting. Label is the same color as 15 year to really confuse me.

knob-creek-18-year-2022-front-label.jpg

jerrob

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Mar 1, 2013
    Cumberland Plateau
    If your a Beam fan as I am Knob Creek is releasing an 18 year bottle in early 2022. Wish it was 120proof vs the 100 but whatever.

I know a lot of people including myself prefer the 12year over the 15year so this might be kind of interesting. Label is the same color as 15 year to really confuse me.

View attachment 168654
    I've rapidly become a Knob Creek fan, thanks for the info.
    I'm still in search of a 15 and will definitely keep my eyes peeled for the 18.
    I'm quite sure your bloodhound skills will have you posting a pic of it real soon.........................and I'll be pestering you for a review soon after.
    Cheers and good luck bottle hunting Spark.

sparky32

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Feb 5, 2013
    Morgantown
    I'm quite sure your bloodhound skills will have you posting a pic of it real soon.........................and I'll be pestering you for a review soon after.
    I imagine this bottle might be an Oak Bomb tho. Im gonna talk to my girl at the store I frequent on the southside if she has an eta on these. (As of late she always has been dropping me hints when stuff is rollin in as I stop once a week to check of anything new is there.) They always get a lot of KC picks and seem to always have more than any other store ive visited.

Bighoss91

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 14, 2020
    Milton
    I don't know how far you are willing to drive but there is a store in connersville called Lindy's liquor that has 2 of the 15 year bottles

Top Bottom