• ...and so much more!
  • EPeter213

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 4, 2016
    Floyd/Harrison
    1611723179995.png

Just tried this one recently. Sweet corn with a spice bite that quickly fades to a smooth finish. May become a goto for me at roughly $25 a bottle. Compares very favorably to Jeptha Creed Bloody Butcher at twice the price.

sparky32

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Feb 5, 2013
    Morgantown
    Anyone ever do bourbon subscriptions like Flavair or Caskers? I started doing one through Caskers 2 random bottles every 3 months it is a little pricey at 160$ per 3 months but cancel any time and ive heard great things about it. They send equal worth bottles or a high/lower types. Waiting for my 2 mystery bottles now.....

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    Anyone ever do bourbon subscriptions like Flavair or Caskers? I started doing one through Caskers 2 random bottles every 3 months it is a little pricey at 160$ per 3 months but cancel any time and ive heard great things about it. They send equal worth bottles or a high/lower types. Waiting for my 2 mystery bottles now.....
    I was interested in Flaviar but figured I could just take that money and pick a bottle every month or so on my own.

I really wish mini bottles became a regular thing. I have a ton of bourbons I’d like to try but I’m reluctant to drop $60 on an unknown.

sparky32

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Feb 5, 2013
    Morgantown
    I was interested in Flaviar but figured I could just take that money and pick a bottle every month or so on my own.

I really wish mini bottles became a regular thing. I have a ton of bourbons I’d like to try but I’m reluctant to drop $60 on an unknown.
    I just figure I might get some odd bottles that end up being really good I hope. Ill post up my 2 bottles when they show up.

Sheepdog103

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 26, 2019
    Fishers
    Ok INGO I want to see if there is something out there I have skipped over in the bourbon category that I need to try. What's some of your favorites under $50? My top two in that price range are currently Woodford Reserve and Bulleit Bourbon.
    Not technically in your under $50, but Old 55 is a FANTASTIC bourbon, similar makeup that exceeds that taste in my opinion, and made here locally. The owner shoots at ACC and is a friendly dude, and they make a superb product. Not everywhere, but when it's in stock you can't beat it in the 55-60 price range.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Not technically in your under $50, but Old 55 is a FANTASTIC bourbon, similar makeup that exceeds that taste in my opinion, and made here locally. The owner shoots at ACC and is a friendly dude, and they make a superb product. Not everywhere, but when it's in stock you can't beat it in the 55-60 price range.
    Old 55 is not to my taste but lots of people rave about it so there is clearly something good about this Indiana brand!

Glad to find out the owner is a shooter too!

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    I dont think I have ever seen them in my local Big Red, Payless or any others around me so I hope they are winners.
    Greg Metze was the master distiller at MGP forever. Old Elk is his first creation out on his own. Dude knows whiskey.

sparky32

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Feb 5, 2013
    Morgantown
    Greg Metze was the master distiller at MGP forever. Old Elk is his first creation out on his own. Dude knows whiskey.
    Just did a little reading on the guy and MGP. Seems to be one of the top guys in the industry. Did not realize MGP supplies bourbon to a dozen names including some really top notch ones.

Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI
    Picked up this Bardstown selection to try one day. It's kind of a mystery right now. All I've seen is the parent company Wolf Spirit Distillery. I've seen a few folks assume Heaven Hill is making it. For $30, I'll give it a try.

20210205_080631.jpg

Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI
    Picked up this Bardstown selection to try one day. It's kind of a mystery right now. All I've seen is the parent company Wolf Spirit Distillery. I've seen a few folks assume Heaven Hill is making it. For $30, I'll give it a try.

View attachment 124334

A little green and sweet. Oaky, minimal spice, orange, leathery, spices, dark chocolate, and sweet maple with a mild finish that does seem to last. Reminds me of some from Heaven Hill but I can't put a finger on it.

20210206_232226.jpg

Top Bottom