• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Never had it, but why is all the buzz about Yellowstone?

Yellowstone comes from the Beam family, Stephen Beam is the master distiller behind it. He is a super nice guy.

He has a few different offerings. Standard Yellowstone is about $35/bottle, it is nothing special. If you want to spend $40 on something that is not special feel free to buy it. I don't know anyone who raves about it. I'm not saying its bad, it is not. But I'd rather spend $30 and get something else.

Each fall he releases an annual limited edition/premium Yellowstone at 101 proof (or higher, one year was 107, most have been 101, I have partial bottles from every year he has produced these limited offereings). Most years that one has been very good, other years it has been great and 1 year was meh. The 2020 offering is excellent/great.

He is also producing a RYE whiskey.

He is also producing a herbal GIN.

cam4usa

Veteran
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 24, 2020
    Delaware County, IN
    Woodford Reserve Double Oaked. No, not Woodford Reserve, I mean the Woodford Reserve DOUBLE OAKED. There’s a massive difference, it’s so much better than the standard WR that it will ruin that, once favored, bourbon from then on. Then you’ll be paying $45.99 for that Double Oaked every time you want some good bourbon.

Brandon

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 28, 2010
    SE Indy
    Just bought me a bottle of Recovery, the bourbon Tony Katz is a part of. Will try it tonight.

Edit... tried it. Reminds me every bit of eagle rare. Well worth the 30 dollar price.

Last edited:

dusty88

Master
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 11, 2014
    United States
    Just bought me a bottle of Recovery, the bourbon Tony Katz is a part of. Will try it tonight.

Edit... tried it. Reminds me every bit of eagle rare. Well worth the 30 dollar price.

It wasn't my type of bourbon at all. I'm glad you like it though (seriously). I bought 2 bottles to support the cause. Drank some one night, found it mediocre, and woke up thinking I had the Rona (bad headache). Thankfully the headache went away and perhaps was a coincidence.

I'll keep leaving big tips when I pick up carryout and find another way to support the unemployed.

and maybe I'll try a small sip again and hopefully determine the headache had nothing to do with the drink.

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    Finally got my hands on a bottle of Cleveland Christmas Bourbon. Now that my taste is returning to normal from Covid, I’m looking forward to sitting down with a glass tonight!

Ruger_Ronin

Turkey Herder
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 22, 2017
    Outer Heaven
    Maybe a bit off kilter, but this stuff is really tasty. And I don't even like root beer.
    375757bb0bce5c760898e121c621581b.jpg

KittySlayer

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Northeast IN
    My son is looking for a bottle of Blantons for a Christmas gift. Anyone got an Indiana resource?

Someone mentioned Old Forester upthread. Received a bottle of O.F. 1910 and impressed. Nice sippin’ whiskey.

My go to bourbon is still Jim Beam small batch Bakers. Make sure you say Bakers with a “B” if ordering in a loud bar or you will end up with Makers.

Woodford Reserve Double Oaked. No, not Woodford Reserve, I mean the Woodford Reserve DOUBLE OAKED. There’s a massive difference, it’s so much better than the standard WR that it will ruin that, once favored, bourbon from then on. Then you’ll be paying $45.99 for that Double Oaked every time you want some good bourbon.

Got a bottle of Double Oaked. Definitely an upgrade from standard Woodford.

paintball_addiction

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    180   0   0
    Sep 9, 2009
    SW of Indy
    I'm working up in the Chicago area and I stopped at a Binny's. Sometimes you can find a bargain in their clearance section. This time i got 2 bottles of Barrell Rye for $59.99 each. Normally I'm not a huge rye fan but this is quite tasty.

Master
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Jul 9, 2011
    Hamilton County
    1609559974189.png

Not a picture of my exact bottle but I can't wait to crack mine open! I still have about 13 years until then though! I think I posted about it in this thread years back but my plan is to save it until my son turns 21 and to crack it open together.

Top Bottom