• ...and so much more!
  • 88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    It's actually a nice shooting pistol with an OEM Glock 32 .357 Sig barrel in it shooting hot loads and an OEM Glock 22 round .40SW magazine.

I have a 9mm conversion and a .357 Sig barrel for mine. The G23 was one of my favorites for a number of years. With the 3 caliber capability, it’s been a very versatile gun. It also had an RMR cut done by AllenM but lost the RMR to an offset AR mount. In it’s place, it has a plate right now.

I really do need to take it out again and run it in .40. I remember when I first bought it years ago, thinking that I was more dialed in to that gun than most others

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    Can't believe no one else has posted this yet...

this-is-m-glock-40-this-is-my-problem-solver-19316635.png

I can’t either. I basically lobbed the softball up and it took how long for someone to take a swing.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County

2in1evtime

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.4%
    63   1   0
    Oct 30, 2011
    retired-midwest
    I am a big 40 fan myself, I have a full sized all steel desert eagle in 40 that is a tack driver, sig 226, sig 320, s&w mp full size, CZ p09 full size, all these are my top shooters and yes a FN long slide too. tried the compact ones not really for me in the .....40. Also the 40 is what lead me to 10mm also. Yes there is a beretta 96 also but very seldom sees the range though.

92FSTech

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 24, 2020
    North Central
    What’s the pros and cons of short extractor vs long??

Honestly, I think it's mostly aesthetics and tradition. I believe the long extractor is an MIM part, but I don't know of any systemic reliability issues with them. There may have been some hiccups when Sig first implemented them (iirc that was more of a spring issue than a problem with the extractors themselves), but I've never personally seen a P229 that was unreliable regardless of the extractor design, and I definitely wouldn't pass up a deal on one just because it had the long extractor.

The short extractor guns have the "legacy" slide with the half-height serrations, while the long extractor guns have serrations that extend the full height of the slide, kind of like a P228 (however the P229 slides are all milled stainless, not stamped and folded steel like a P228).

Personally, I love the look and balance of the older stamped slide guns. If I'm looking for something to scratch that traditional itch, I'm getting one of those. The milled stainless slide guns like the P229 are a more robust design, though, which is why the P229 is an excellent platform for the .40 and .357 Sig regardless of which extractor it's wearing.

Top Bottom