Noblesville
    pitchforks-at-the-rdy.jpg

KMaC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 4, 2016
    Indianapolis
    There are so many coronavirus threads on here that I can't be sure this isn't posted somewhere.
    This is looking like a gain of function research baby got loose despite whatever Fauci says.

qwerty

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 24, 2010
    NWI
    Also 3,937, but too big of words, or too many words.... I can't remember why folks didn't want to read it but was something like that.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Anyone discussing the trial court upholding HEA 1123 which allows (essentially) the General Assembly to call itself into session to consider executive orders during a declared "emergency"?

It's a well-reasoned opinion. IMHO, likely to be upheld (if only the law is considered) during the inevitable appeals. The "plain language" argument is a tough one to get around...and that's how I saw this.

If you go to MyCase and search for 49D12-2104-PL-014068, the order is from 10/7.

In sum- legislative oversight of emergency executive orders even when the GA isn't normally in session. I see this as very positive.

bobzilla

Mod in training (in my own mind)
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    Anyone discussing the trial court upholding HEA 1123 which allows (essentially) the General Assembly to call itself into session to consider executive orders during a declared "emergency"?

It's a well-reasoned opinion. IMHO, likely to be upheld (if only the law is considered) during the inevitable appeals. The "plain language" argument is a tough one to get around...and that's how I saw this.

If you go to MyCase and search for 49D12-2104-PL-014068, the order is from 10/7.

In sum- legislative oversight of emergency executive orders even when the GA isn't normally in session. I see this as very positive.
    I’m in favor of oversight as long as it’s not the lions over seeing the hyenas

MRockwell

Just Me
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Noblesfield
    :ranton:

Everything Is Covid!

Back story: I've been dealing with sinusitis for the past couple months, went to Riverview Urgent Care to get something for it on 9-14. Got better in time for my mini-me's 2nd b-day party on 18th, then got worse. Held out until last Monday when I was able to get into an ENT Doc. Am getting better.

That brings it to today, PhotoNinja is getting some crud, and had severe ear ache so went to RUC to get it checked. According to them, All her symptoms are covid related. But there is a virus going around that is causing sinus infections(what they told her). And what did they put on her paperwork? "Patient being investigated for Covid-19".

It's a sinus infection! Stop expecting everything to be Covid!

*note: Sunday night I did an at-home Covid test, just to be sure; So did PhotoNinja. Both negative.
    sorry for the rant, still not 100% and the 'roids are making me a bit irritable

/rant off/

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    File this under COVID fake news. The New York Times over reported the number of children hospitalized with COVID by a magnitude of 14!

They claimed 900,000 kids had been hospitalized with COVID, when the actual number is closer to 63,000.

rhamersley

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 9, 2016
    Danville
    File this under COVID fake news. The New York Times over reported the number of children hospitalized with COVID by a magnitude of 14!

They claimed 900,000 kids had been hospitalized with COVID, when the actual number is closer to 63,000.

Oops…

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus

They got confused with the number that they aborted. Easy mistake.

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart

200-1.gif

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota

These "mistakes" will keep happening until somebody is held accountable for their lying and/or stupidity.

buckwacker

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 23, 2012
    I wonder what percentage of the senior citizens are jabbed? I'd venture a guess it's higher than 60%, so if the percentage of hospitalized is lower than the percent jabbed, it's an indication that the jab is at least modestly effective at keeping seniors out of the hospital.

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota
    I wonder what percentage of the senior citizens are jabbed? I'd venture a guess it's higher than 60%, so if the percentage of hospitalized is lower than the percent jabbed, it's an indication that the jab is at least modestly effective at keeping seniors out of the hospital.
    It says they are 80% vaccinated.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom