DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Federal money, money, money...

Heart tugging story, but advertising on the Superbowl? Fed money is free money right? No one has to pay for it, eh?

I wonder if the time allotted (even though paid for by fed gov :noway:) is part of what Budweiser et al "gave up"?

NKBJ

at the ark
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2010
    Any reports yet of bank bug vaccines containing components to induce sterility?
    I know that trials of the vaccines were carried out as far back as the 90's and Gates started touting population control vaccinations, and that testing in Central America and Africa has been conducted under the guise of programs to save the children from tetanus and other diseases...

Doesn't it just seem so unlike globalists not to take advantage of this opportunity?

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    This should be the week that we see deaths trend down nationally, given the lag on that metric. We should also pass 500k dead about a week from now. That's somber.

We're still in exponential growth of deaths from November, but in the next 10 days or so we should "catch up" to the start of that cycle back in November. Generally, that means the exponential growth should pivot to linear because, in almost every context, exponential growth is unsustainable.

I still think there's something odd about the reporting on new cases. I'd be naively happy to accept that the combination of vaccines and personal responsibility are reducing the number of infections.

But I'm not prepared to accept that quite yet. :)

I'm also kinda ok with IN doing an audit and correcting the numbers over time. Ultimately, we want the right numbers. It really shouldn't be as difficult as we appear to be making it, but it is what it is.

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota
    I still think there's something odd about the reporting on new cases. I'd be naively happy to accept that the combination of vaccines and personal responsibility are reducing the number of infections.

I think it is apparent that there has been a manipulation aspect to the reporting all along. I don't expect that to go away in this or other areas - ever.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Only just over 1,000 new cases today.
    Over 37% of ICU beds available.
    COVID hospital census dropping like a rock.
    Daily deaths likewise in a...death spiral.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    I think it is apparent that there has been a manipulation aspect to the reporting all along. I don't expect that to go away in this or other areas - ever.
    I would not call it "manipulation." There are too many data sources for a single/consensus entity to intentionally alter the data points. Even so, that also suggests that the "real" numbers are out there - to be found at some point in the future.

Rather, I think it is ineptitude. Which is still a stern indictment of our system IMHO.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    If the number of deaths per day is dropping...then the rate of death is dropping, but obviously total deaths will go nowhere but up.

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota
    If the number of deaths per day is dropping...then the rate of death is dropping, but obviously total deaths will go nowhere but up.
    I didn't mean total deaths from wuhu, but rather total deaths from all causes over the same recent period of time that the wuhu deaths have been "dropping like a rock".

NKBJ

at the ark
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2010
    Fitts is a very smart lady.
    She knows stuff about the bank bug too scary for most people.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Indiana's numbers continue to be really good. Yay us. :)

Even the national numbers appear to be tracking down. The (perceived) CFR gets weird here because of the lag between cases and deaths means that the cases are reducing faster than the deaths. That means that it appears the the CFR is creeping up (well, mathematically it is), but the virus itself isn't necessarily getting any deadlier.

By my unfrozen caveman perspective, if any of these new variants are more fatal, it'll take at least a few weeks (if not longer) for that to be shown.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    This should be the week that we see deaths trend down nationally, given the lag on that metric. We should also pass 500k dead about a week from now. That's somber.

We're still in exponential growth of deaths from November, but in the next 10 days or so we should "catch up" to the start of that cycle back in November. Generally, that means the exponential growth should pivot to linear because, in almost every context, exponential growth is unsustainable.

I'm also kinda ok with IN doing an audit and correcting the numbers over time. Ultimately, we want the right numbers. It really shouldn't be as difficult as we appear to be making it, but it is what it is.
    I don't think "personal responsibility" has changed (not that I'm willing to classify the thing you're talking about as that), at least not in my visible universe.

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    Probably has something to do with WHO posting new diagnostic criteria on Jan 20th, immediately creating a massive drop in new cases.
    Manipulate the criteria and you can make the numbers do whatever you want. Corona has outlived its usefulness and is now being phased out.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom