• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Amishman44

Master
    Rating - 98%
    49   1   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Woodburn
    One of many reasons I do not roll around "advertising" there may be a gun in my vehicle.
    Pretty much...no 'gun' stuff whatsoever on my vehicles!!!
    I have a sticker for our ManDay program at our church and a Bigfoot out hiking in the Woods!
    And no political stickers...no risk of random damage by crazy idiots who can't leave well enough alone!

Last edited:

Ziggidy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 7, 2018
    Ziggidyville
    Pretty much...no 'gun' stuff whatsoever on my vehicles!!!
    I have a sticker for our ManDay program at our church and a Bigfoot Hiking in the Woods!
    And no political stickers...no risk of random damage by crazy idiots who can't leave well enough alone!
    OK, I'll bite....what's man day?

Amishman44

Master
    Rating - 98%
    49   1   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Woodburn
    OK, I'll bite....what's man day?
    ManDay...it's our church's program for men who want to improve in their relationship with God, be better men at work (with people), at home (with the wife and kiddos + able to be the dad they need), and at play...all working towards being healthier mentally, emotionally, (mental health dealing with the stress of life, work, family, etc.), and spiritually (in one's relationship with God.)
    I was on the original team that helped get things going back in 2014-15 when we got this program set up and running. We probably get 300 men one night per week doing 4 x 5-6 week study sessions, per year, on different topic designed and chosen specifically for aiding men in their role for providing leadership in the home (and in life) and as a role model for others in life, especially within their family!
    We do several activities as well...STEAK NIGHT is a big one...bring your own steak (huge steaks work great) and cook it yourself over an open fire!
    We also go away for a weekend at MAN CAMP, in Michigan where we spend 3 days shooting skeet / trap, doing rock wall climbing, doing zip lining (1,000'+ length), do high ropes courses (x3) 40' up, go canoeing and kayaking, etc.
    In a world where men are being beat-down every day...examples are being shown to be weak and incompetent in tv commercials, the stress of work, etc,...it's a way to help build men back up, to help them to better understand their purpose and roles and take responsibility for them, etc....ManDay!

Last edited:

LarryC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 18, 2012
    Frankfort
    good times are over, we had a gun club in school, had a bunch of surplus .22 bolt action trainers and shot in the gym at a back stop made by the shop class
    Yup, I graduated high school in northern Indiana in 1959. On opening day of Squirrel, Rabbit, and Duck season, many students left school real early (and a few teachers did also!). Of the pickups driven to school, probably 60 - 80% had gun racks in the back window - almost all held a shotgun, rifle or both.

I don't recall EVER being in any rural house that didn't have firearms standing near the back door with ammo in open sight nearby. These were for dispensing varmints which killed chickens or other livestock.

I, and others like me, often walked through our small town carrying a firearm on my way out of town to hunt. No one had any issues with this practice!

Ziggidy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 7, 2018
    Ziggidyville
    ManDay...it's our church's program for men who want to improve in their relationship with God, be better men at work (with people), at home (with the wife and kiddos + able to be the dad they need), and at play...all working towards being healthier mentally, emotionally, (mental health dealing with the stress of life, work, family, etc.), and spiritually (in one's relationship with God.)
    I was on the original team that helped get things going back in 2014-15 when we got this program set up and running. We probably get 300 men one night per week doing 4 x 5-6 week study sessions, per year, on different topic designed and chosen specifically for aiding men in their role for providing leadership in the home (and in life) and as a role model for others in life, especially within their family!
    We do several activities as well...STEAK NIGHT is a big one...bring your own steak (huge steaks work great) and cook it yourself over an open fire!
    We also go away for a weekend at MAN CAMP, in Michigan where we spend 3 days shooting skeet / trap, doing rock wall climbing, doing zip lining (1,000'+ length), do high ropes courses (x3) 40' up, go canoeing and kayaking, etc.
    In a world where men are being beat-down every day...examples are being shown to be weak and incompetent in tv commercials, the stress of work, etc,...it's a way to help build men back up, to help them to better understand their purpose and roles and take responsibility for them, etc....ManDay!
    Excellent.....

God made men to be men. A specific role that is different than women but in today's world that is lost, stolen and frowned upon.

I am glad to hear other churches are guiding men to be the men God designed them to be. More need to follow.

Amishman44

Master
    Rating - 98%
    49   1   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Woodburn
    Excellent....
    God made men to be men. A specific role that is different than women but in today's world that is lost, stolen and frowned upon.
    I am glad to hear other churches are guiding men to be the men God designed them to be. More need to follow.
    The sad part is, the number of younger men who come to the program, ages ranging from 21 - 35 or more, who've never ever been told about 'man' responsibilities in and around the home...who thought marriage was mainly about providing financially and sex, and they're excited to learn more about their responsibilities...and it's interesting to watch the wife and kids respond to their husband / father picking up their responsibilities in leadership and engaging with their wife / children in positive manner!
    We hear other talk about 'toxic' masculinity (which is another whole discussion for another day) but keeping in mind that a 'healthy' masculinity is a very good thing...and that's how God designed men to be, healthy!
    These healthy attributes (skills) are often 'learned' skills or behaviors...and working towards being a man of God, requires both learning (time) and self-discipline!

Last edited:

Frosty

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 27, 2013
    Greencastle
    The sad part is, the number of men who come to the program, ages ranging from 21 - 35 or more, who've never ever been told about 'man' responsibilities in and around the home...and they're excited to learn more about them...and it's interesting to watch the wife and kids respond to their husband / father picking up responsibilities in leadership and engages with their wife / children in positive manner!
    We hear other talk about 'toxic' masculinity (which is another whole discussion for another day) but keeping in mind that a 'healthy' masculinity is a very good thing...and that's how God designed men to be, healthy!
    These healthy attributes (skills) are often 'learned' skills or behaviors...and working towards being a man of God, requires both learning (time) and self-discipline!
    The world doesn’t want strong men who will take a stand. They want the soft ones that will roll over when their values are challenged. Just like Christ, there’s a time for meek and mild, and there’s a time to break tables.

Amishman44

Master
    Rating - 98%
    49   1   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Woodburn
    The world doesn’t want strong men who will take a stand. They want the soft ones that will roll over when their values are challenged. Just like Christ, there’s a time for meek and mild, and there’s a time to break tables.
    It's interesting to have the discussion on when Jesus threw the money changers out of the temple.
    Quite often, I get the question, 'What was he so mad at them for?'
    My response, 'It's not that he's mad at the money changers, he's actually righteous for his Father's house!'

Ziggidy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 7, 2018
    Ziggidyville
    It's interesting to have the discussion on when Jesus threw the money changers out of the temple.
    Quite often, I get the question, 'What was he so mad at them for?'
    My response, 'It's not that he's mad at the money changers, he's actually righteous for his Father's house!'
    There is a book "Beautiful Outlaw" that shows Jesus as a man and speaks about His actions at the temple.

I hear ya about the attendance participation of men. Same handful all the time, regardless of the effort.

If fathers participated, the entire family would also.

Amishman44

Master
    Rating - 98%
    49   1   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Woodburn
    There is a book "Beautiful Outlaw" that shows Jesus as a man and speaks about His actions at the temple.
    I hear ya about the attendance participation of men. Same handful all the time, regardless of the effort.
    If fathers participated, the entire family would also.
    Hmmm....a new book that I haven't read...and I do like to, and learn a lot, through reading!
    People don't often respond well to 'bosses'...
    People do, however, respond to active and positive leadership, especially via one's example!
    Bosses tend to be 'arrogant' (top down) in their approach to getting things done...and often come across as disconnected and un-caring!
    Leaders tend to be 'humble' (bottom up) in their approach to dealing with issues...but they're also engaging with others and are much more genuine in their caring about the situation!

kennedy759

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 15, 2014
    New Salisbury Ind
    Yup, I graduated high school in northern Indiana in 1959. On opening day of Squirrel, Rabbit, and Duck season, many students left school real early (and a few teachers did also!). Of the pickups driven to school, probably 60 - 80% had gun racks in the back window - almost all held a shotgun, rifle or both.

I don't recall EVER being in any rural house that didn't have firearms standing near the back door with ammo in open sight nearby. These were for dispensing varmints which killed chickens or other livestock.

I, and others like me, often walked through our small town carrying a firearm on my way out of town to hunt. No one had any issues with this practice!
    yep, growing up in Minnesota, school was let out for the opening day of fishing if there were snow days not used and going deer hunting was an excused day.

ljk

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    May 21, 2013
    WYhv0G2.jpg

Top Bottom