• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    While it's possible the revolver was a first generation Colt, they are pretty pricey to be beating around on a movie set and the modern repros are pretty period accurate. Nothing wrong with shooting those old guns, but people find out quickly that the modern repros are easier to cock as the hammer springs are much lighter. Primers in cartridges used in the old days were pretty hard.

Butch627

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 3, 2012
    NWI
    What if a revolver was loaded with prop ammo that looked like live ammo, since the revolver cylinders are visible to the camera? How does the actor check? They would HEAVILY rely on the professionals who are responsible for handling that gun. Guns get pointed at cameras but they are usually are protected by a plastic shield with a hole in it for the camera. I just saw an article about the filming of Blade III where Jessica Biel aimed her compound bow at a camera. She fired it and the arrow missed the shielding and destroyed the camera. Could something similar have occurred here? I'm not saying Baldwin is innocent. But I'm not saying he's guilty either.
    The locked thread had some really good vids and linked articles. I also had a post or two about the procedures usually used that have proven to be pretty fail safe when followed.

thunderchicken

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Indianapolis
    As you said, she would be in charge of making sure it worked properly before hand. By saying the gun was not functioning properly, he's pushing it back that direction.
    Agreed. But being a SA revolver maybe he didn't get the hammer all the way back and dropped the hammer on the live round. Still negligent IMO but doesn't mean it was a mechanical malfunction may have still been operator error

Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010
    Agreed. But being a SA revolver maybe he didn't get the hammer all the way back and dropped the hammer on the live round. Still negligent IMO but doesn't mean it was a mechanical malfunction may have still been operator error
    !@#$% Federal Primers!

Yeah, I think we all agree this was something less than a full-out, intentional killing. It was a negligent act, and the problem is, there's 50 shades of dumbass which fall short of an intentional kill, and we're trying to debate them all. He's just a dumbass. Hopefully a sorry one. And if you believe in Karma...well, this pretty much validates your worldview. Just too bad somebody else had to do the paying for it. But isn't that always the case with liberal mistakes?

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I wasn't aware he gave a public interview before this. But odd? I dono. Maybe it's odd that he said ANYTHING publicly at all. I'm not privy to what he told investigators. That's the only statement worth noting.
    Yes, he and his wife gave an "interview" on social media just a few days after it happened. Never mentioned the gun "just going off without pulling the trigger."

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Dont' try this at home but ANY single action revolver without a transfer bar WILL go off without pulling the trigger if you pull the hammer back and release it with your thumb :nuts: Operator released the hammer rather than the trigger releasing, the discharge is not a mystery.
    I can't decide if AB is totally ignorant or some asshat has come up with this as the best alternative for negligence resulting in death to keep this moron out of jail. Ignorance is no excuse. A woman is dead and Alex is completely responsible. What the punishment should be is up to the courts but it's painfully obvious who is responsible.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 7, 2021
    central indiana
    Well hell. The investigators job is done, wrap it up boys, solved. Having been involved in enough critical incidents, life is rarely as linear as the above statement. You may think you understand what happened but in reality, you don't know what you don't know.
    Your position is Baldwin wasn't holding a gun that discharged and resulted in the death a woman? Odd for a critical thinker like yourself to take that position. Since, well, Baldwin himself said as much.

US1882

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 17, 2020
    Noblesville
    When he says his training taught him to never point a gun at someone and pull the trigger yet that training apparently didn’t cover checking to verify that the gun is unloaded or pointing any gun at anyone and playing with the hammer while not checking to see if the gun is unloaded and pointing it at someone. I have no doubt this was an accident, an avoidable accident, but non the less an accident. Watching him try to cover his ass with the crying act is priceless.

Jaybird1980

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    North Central
    Dont' try this at home but ANY single action revolver without a transfer bar WILL go off without pulling the trigger if you pull the hammer back and release it with your thumb :nuts: Operator released the hammer rather than the trigger releasing, the discharge is not a mystery.
    I can't decide if AB is totally ignorant or some asshat has come up with this as the best alternative for negligence resulting in death to keep this moron out of jail. Ignorance is no excuse. A woman is dead and Alex is completely responsible. What the punishment should be is up to the courts but it's painfully obvious who is responsible.

tenor (2).gif

Farmerjon

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2010
    NorthWest Indiana

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    bill-clinton-relations.gif

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Alec Baldwin is the producer. Gun was in his hand with live rounds in it. Gun was pointing in the direction of other production members. Gun went off somehow resulting in one death and another injured. You Alec Baldwin are culpable of negligen[t homicide]. Pay up.
    The payment should come out of his sorry *** as well as his bank accounts

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    But, but he also didn't point it at anyone.. It's the same playbook, if you tell a lie often enough it becomes reality, at least to the liar.
    Yep, all his story needs is a noose, some bleach and a claim of a couple of MAGA hats on some fall guys and MSM will be all over it even after it is proven false

They try very hard to protect their own as long as they support the narrative

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    I haven’t seen it posted, so here’s the entire quote:

“To get the shot, Baldwin said he needed to cock the gun, but not fire it: “The trigger wasn't pulled. I didn't pull the trigger.”

“I cock the gun. I go, ‘Can you see that? Can you see that? Can you see that?’” Baldwin said. “And then I let go of the hammer of the gun, and the gun goes off. I let go of the hammer of the gun, the gun goes off.”

From what I’ve read, it was an antique Colt. I know next to nothing about antique revolvers, but I’m sure some on here can explain whether the claim is plausible.

ALBUQUERQUE, N.M. —
    On Wednesday, Target 7 learned a lot more about what guns and ammo were on the set of the movie 'Rust'.

"That firearm was a F.lli Pietta long Colt 45 revolver," said Sheriff Adan Mendoza, at a news conference on Wednesday.

Not an antique, a modern reproduction

Last edited:

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Guy called in the Mock and Rob show a little while ago. He said doing the interview gave the prosecutor a good reason to have a gunsmith check the function of the gun to see if it was capable of firing without the trigger being pulled.

He also mentioned Jim Voyles (Guy described him as the best defense attorney in Indiana. I think Kirk referred to him as "a velvet glove" once) said NEVER talk to the press if you're being prosecuted. Sounds like sage advice to me.

Top Bottom