• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • thunderchicken

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Since the gun was a SA revolver, and possibly an older model, is it possible that he was thumb cocking the gun and released the hammer allowing it to fall on the live round?

I have to believe that if others were so sure they witnessed his finger outside the trigger guard, they would have reported that early on. I also think there would be reports of the gun being tested for proper operation to determine if it was a mechanical malfunction or operator error.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    Maybe he did, maybe he didn't. One thing I am 100% convinced of: I have no idea what actually happened that day. How would I? I'm a guy behind a computer who's only source of information regarding this incident is news reports. Knowing that news reports are WOEFULLY inaccurate at times, I have no reliable source of information to make an informed decision. Maybe there are people on this forum that are plugged in and have a source right from the investigation. If so, I defer to your knowledge. For the rest of us, just because we don't like him, doesn't mean we know what happened. I see the same bias at work and it produces poor field investigations.

Goodfoot

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 25, 2021
    Noblesville
    Maybe he did, maybe he didn't. One thing I am 100% convinced of: I have no idea what actually happened that day. How would I? I'm a guy behind a computer who's only source of information regarding this incident is news reports. Knowing that news reports are WOEFULLY inaccurate at times, I have no reliable source of information to make an informed decision. Maybe there are people on this forum that are plugged in and have a source right from the investigation. If so, I defer to your knowledge. For the rest of us, just because we don't like him, doesn't mean we know what happened.
    True. Unfortunately journalism is a lost art and it is very hard to trust any information you see out there.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Maybe he did, maybe he didn't. One thing I am 100% convinced of: I have no idea what actually happened that day. How would I? I'm a guy behind a computer who's only source of information regarding this incident is news reports. Knowing that news reports are WOEFULLY inaccurate at times, I have no reliable source of information to make an informed decision. Maybe there are people on this forum that are plugged in and have a source right from the investigation. If so, I defer to your knowledge. For the rest of us, just because we don't like him, doesn't mean we know what happened. I see the same bias at work and it produces poor field investigations.
    You don't find it the least bit odd that it took him a month and a half to make the claim that he didn't pull the trigger? Wouldn't that be one of the first things he said if that were the case?

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    You don't find it the least bit odd that it took him a month and a half to make the claim that he didn't pull the trigger? Wouldn't that be one of the first things he said if that were the case?
    Oh you're just saying that because you don't like him.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Crime lab will determine if the gun can fire without the trigger being pulled. It's quite possible for a "overly enthustiastically" modified gun to have the hammer slip off the engagement surfaces and fire just from being jarred. That's why you check hammer push off when buying a revolver. You do check hammer push off, don't you?

However, SA guns are about hammer control as much or more so as trigger control and he was still pointing it.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Some of the Italian repros have the same issues as the old Colts and because of that I always load 5. Hammer push off I've found in some old guns, either off of the middle or end sear notch, it's something that's important to correct.

All that said I have seen people fire guns without immediate intention from convulsively gripping them with the finger on the trigger. When I've observed this, it's always when they were going to fire the gun, but just discharge it a little early.

I don't see this as anything more that his legal team trying to muddy the water, which is what he's paying them to do.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    . I also think there would be reports of the gun being tested for proper operation to determine if it was a mechanical malfunction or operator error.
    Well, if they had an armorer that was worth a damn... but since that has been suspect since day one, if you are Alec's defense team, why not cast more doubt that way?

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural

What we all do know, without speculation, is that a person was killed by another who was not following safe firearm handling rules.

There is no question about that, regardless of how much wiggle room some would like to lawyer into this.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    We are not a jury. We are allowed to consider more than just the evidence the prosecution or the defense wishes us to see. I find the resignation of the professionals prior to the event, the prior NDs on set and the fact that Baldwin is only just now claiming that he did not pull the trigger as swinging the needle toward 'guilty, attempting to cover up and escape legal and financial liability'

I remain willing to accommodate new evidence if any turns up but not interested in smoke and mirrors being deployed from the Baldwin camp. He has committed homicide, his excesses and arrogance have apparently caught up with him

thunderchicken

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Well, if they had an armorer that was worth a damn... but since that has been suspect since day one, if you are Alec's defense team, why not cast more doubt that way?
    Why would the armorer have anything to do with testing the gun for malfunction after this incident? That will be done as part of the investigation, hopefully.

Yes, the armorer should have made sure the gun was in proper working condition before being used on the set. Maybe she did

Seems there may have been a whole host of people who failed to properly do their jobs on that set. Surely there's some deflecting of responsibility going on to cover their own butts. We'll just have to see what shakes out when the investigation is done.

Trapper Jim

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2012
    Arcadia
    The narcissist in me wants to say “told you so” Now that Alice Ballin has had time to base out his defense a month after killing and maiming, yet another “accidental Shooting” that blames everyone but the shooter. Ranks right up there with “my dog stepped on the shotgun and it went off killing my buddy” or “the guns sear broke on my AK and it scared me so I let go of it and it shot me twice in the guts while it was spinning in air”

This my friends is why we can’t have anything nice.

Oh yeah…Told you so

Top Bottom