• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Woodsman

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 19, 2009
    New albany
    E5Ranger, if you had said anything else I would have been disappointed. ;)

I think there will be a lot of people who are called upon to do the right thing. Some will do it voluntarily, others will have to be dragged screaming and kicking the whole distance. Some will be helpful, others a burden (and some of those will be a real PITA:rolleyes:). And for most of us we do not need to be told what the right thing is!

The best way through this is to remember how we all felt on 9/11 and the days that followed. That's probably not much different that Dec. 7th in Pearl Harbor. During those few days and weeks we were all together for one common goal. The USA has got to be unified to straighten this mess out.

When the politics start, that has to be dealt with decisively and permanently. It's become a sport that separates us, instead of for the common good as a whole. If that requires someone or a group to get thrown under the bus, then so be it. The only special interest group is us.

Funny how us is also US!:patriot:

People will always have differing opinions. Some see cruelty in jokes & methods of discussing certain topics, while others see it as a response to a situation.

We see how charitable Americans are and most of us do not need to be told where to help. We do pretty damn well on our own. For the most part, this is still a nation of self-starters with some pride left.

We have bigger fish to fry and it's time to cut the politics out. People started to get off of welfare when that program went through it's reduction phase. They can do it again.

The way out is through communities and States as you said, not the Fed's handing out candy and promises from on high. The resilience to surmount problems lies in smaller groups with control over their own resources.

Each State should solve its' own problems with its' own money. Indiana seems to have done a good job on its' own. Now it just needs to improve upon that and become a guide to the rest of the States that depend on the federal government for handouts. To me that's the root of the evil. The power to decide has been slowly stripped from the land.

If another State has problems it needs help with, it should ask its' neighboring States to pitch in. Odds are if one State has an issue, the others nearby have similar issues. That helps to promote unification too.

Those that call for boycotts, should be told to GTH! Why, because when they start to fail as California is now, where are the people going to go for handouts then? That's right.... the next State. So the immigration issue starts all over again. This time from within.

Plain talk never hurt anyone. It only offends those who might be forced to change or defend their position.

Carry on....

Eddie

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 28, 2009
    North of Terre Haute
    Part of the problem/a piece of the puzzle was touched on by E5Ranger; folks have figured out how to vote themselves more benefits. Until this cycle is broken, it will only continue so long as the "moocher class" holds the majority. The system as it stands can only sustain itself for so long until the overburdened working class collapses under the weight of the benifits it is being required to provide to the rest of the population.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Eddie for Social Security that is coming very, very soon.
    2014 - 2018 is when GOA advised that Medicare will being to "bounce checks" per say based on current economic conditions and number of people on the rolls. By 2024 SSA retirement benefits will begin to suffer as well (but only for a bit). The big one drops in 2036 when *ALL* SSA benefits checks will "bounce" (ie. you will be issues a check but there are no funds for it).

The GOA yearly report has been telling congress of these dates since 2004 the only difference in the reports is that each year the "dooms day year" continues to drop (ie get closer).

Whosyer

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 5, 2009
    Warren County
    Part of the problem/a piece of the puzzle was touched on by E5Ranger; folks have figured out how to vote themselves more benefits. Until this cycle is broken, it will only continue so long as the "moocher class" holds the majority. The system as it stands can only sustain itself for so long until the overburdened working class collapses under the weight of the benifits it is being required to provide to the rest of the population.

A government that robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul. - George Bernard Shaw

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    (snipped)

see and thats the reason i feel compelled to believe the way i do, is to protect the people (among those "people" are my own family, friends, and future family). right now I see my fellow countrymen being led to slaughter. upholding the constitution is also an oath I will never live down. sometimes the masses dont fully know or understand whats good for them, especialy those who have been conditioned by failed govt welfare policies. its like a child that you must force to eat their vegtables because overall its good for them in the long run. (snipped)

While I don't think you mean this the way it sounds to me, the phrase I've outlined in red is the exact same justification intrusive-government apologists (what some call "the governing class") use to chip away at the rights and freedoms we have, as Americans.

A "free" people, means people are free to starve, if they won't do what is necessary to feed themselves. We are responsible for ourselves and for those who look to us as dependents, but we shouldn't be forcing on other people the choices we make for ourselves, just because "it's for their own good"!

We either need to campaign to change people's "hearts and minds", or we need to separate ourselves from those who are irretrievably enslaved to government; we can't in good conscience make their decisions for them.

USMC_0311

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 30, 2008
    Anderson
    We either need to campaign to change people's "hearts and minds", or we need to separate ourselves from those who are irretrievably enslaved to government; we can't in good conscience make their decisions for them.

Somebody draw a line. Give me back my Social Security money and leave me alone. I don't need 51% telling the other 49% what to do every 4 years. I don't want to make decisions for anyone else or tell anyone what to do. To bad its not as easy a just drawing a line and leave it up to each his own to what side you want to live on.

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    Somebody draw a line. Give me back my Social Security money and leave me alone. I don't need 51% telling the other 49% what to do every 4 years. I don't want to make decisions for anyone else or tell anyone what to do. To bad its not as easy a just drawing a line and leave it up to each his own to what side you want to live on.

Well, we can either spend our time, treasure and talents attempting to change the political climate where we are (a long-term prospect), or we can remove ourselves to a climate less inimicable to our interests, such as Promethius suggested upthread.

When the "gummint" got too intrusive for our forefathers, they usually just pulled up stakes and moved to the wilderness. Nowadays, wilderness is in short supply, but perhaps the principle can be extended to other actions.

pinshooter45

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 1, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Is it inevitable? Sometimes I wonder, but I all things considered, I don't believe it is. I think if people are looking for the quick, easily located answer, that's what they'll find, but only because that's what some want to find.

I am an Appleseed instructor. I have the capability of shooting with great precision, but it is my hope and my duty to do everything in my power to ensure that any future battles be fought with a pen or keyboard or a ballot.

I honor our Founders. What so many people fail to understand is that they fought, pledging their lives, fortunes, and sacred honor to each other and the cause. They had but two choices: Live under the rule of the King as subjects, little better than slaves or fight with their very lives, committing treason against the Crown. And why? For what purpose did they raise arms? Just to take a chance at a country and form of government that no one had ever even conceived at the time, let alone tried. No, they fought to change the rules. They fought to add a third option to that choice. We have that option. It will not be easy, certainly not at this stage of the battle. It will not go quickly, and indeed, the battle may not be won in our lifetimes, but this is a battle to be fought with words, with votes, with books and with knowledge. Our Founders were very well-informed and very involved in their government: An old woman approached arguably the most respected "elder statesman" of the day as he was leaving the Continental Congress and asked him, "What kind of government have you given us?" We have no comparison today; few of our politicians qualify as statesmen and fewer still are "elder" in anything but chronological age. Be that as it may, when Mr. Benjamin Franklin was asked this question by an everyday citizen, he answered, "A Republic, if you can keep it!" Now how many do you think would have the stones to even ask the question, let alone the intelligence to understand this answer today?

Education is the key. We need to rework the climate, not just change the weather. The only appropriate casualty of this war is apathy, not the lives of Amercans,

Blessings,
    Bill
    Great response the last thing I want is a shooting war on our own soil! We have the chance for a revolution every two years at the ballot Box! Everyone in this country needs to get off their lazy Backsides and VOTE!
    the Left is well organized and busses people around so they can vote early and often. I witnessed a polling place Violation during the last Presidential election. Some Poll worker was going down the line instructing everyone but me about the ballot by saying "This Is how you vote Democrat" It made me so angry I neary grabbedd the guy and told him you can't do that. But I was in the Minority, can't be armed at a polling place. and had to get to work. So I reluctantly voted and left. Next election I'm going to have the appropriate Phone number in my cell phone and take a PTO day and Report activity like this. For what ever good it will do, I live in the district of Carson, nearly a lost cause! :patriot:

USMC_0311

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 30, 2008
    Anderson
    When the "gummint" got too intrusive for our forefathers, they usually just pulled up stakes and moved to the wilderness. Nowadays, wilderness is in short supply, but perhaps the principle can be extended to other actions.

Car pool anyone? Arizona? Alaska?

lashicoN

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2009
    North
    Great response the last thing I want is a shooting war on our own soil! We have the chance for a revolution every two years at the ballot Box! Everyone in this country needs to get off their lazy Backsides and VOTE!
    the Left is well organized and busses people around so they can vote early and often. I witnessed a polling place Violation during the last Presidential election. Some Poll worker was going down the line instructing everyone but me about the ballot by saying "This Is how you vote Democrat" It made me so angry I neary grabbedd the guy and told him you can't do that. But I was in the Minority, can't be armed at a polling place. and had to get to work. So I reluctantly voted and left. Next election I'm going to have the appropriate Phone number in my cell phone and take a PTO day and Report activity like this. For what ever good it will do, I live in the district of Carson, nearly a lost cause! :patriot:

So who are you voting for this year, Stalin or Hitler? "Revolution at the polls every two years" my ***. There are too many people addicted to government hand-outs for a revolution at the polls, unless you're talking about the never-ending revolution to destroy the true United States of America.

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    How do we do this? Don't forget the Declaration of Independance speaks of government by the consent of the People (the governed?). If we can't get "blind sheep" to see what is wrong, how do we proceed? What legitimate means, other than education and elections, do we have to change the majority opinion? If we can't convince the majority of the wrongness of their apparent beliefs, what recourse do we have?

This is my biggest concern. Frankly, whether it's the ballot box or the cartridge box, it's not gonna matter to a hill of beans because we'll never see a return to the original intended form of government on the scale of modern day USofA. Never. I hope this isn't taken the wrong way, but the only way to return to our intended way of government is to do so under a substantially smaller population. I only see two ways that's gonna happen, and both--one necessarily so--will include physical conflict.

So who are you voting for this year, Stalin or Hitler? "Revolution at the polls every two years" my ***. There are too many people addicted to government hand-outs for a revolution at the polls, unless you're talking about the never-ending revolution to destroy the true United States of America.

Yep, we've passed the point of a responsible electorate years ago. If they're not voting for the character who promises them the most, they're voting for the goon who promises to force others to live according to how they see fit.

Top Bottom