• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • brianheeter

Marksman
    Nov 24, 2012
    Bloomington
    The Nashville shoot is just over 2 weeks away. Still plenty of room on the line. Get yourself an Appleseed LTR Marlin 795 from the Supply Depot in Bedford and wring it out with us at Hoosier Hills Rifle and Pistol Club.

See you there,

brian

philagothon

Sharpshooter
    Jul 25, 2010
    On the 7th step
    You can post any general questions here. You can also PM Techres (shoot boss for that event) or Spitfire51 (state coordinator) for important or personal stuff. Brianheeter (OP) can answer any questions you might have about the range. The official e-mail address is in@appleseedinfo.org (I think).

linuxguy

Plinker
    Sep 20, 2012
    Boy, what I wouldn't give to bring her to an Appleseed....but the four little 'uns would have a hard time without her for two days!

And by the way, I got a better pack! I'm ready for next time, I won't be the slow one. :)

Rayne

Grandmaster
    Jan 3, 2011
    Former Tree Sniper
    Bring her for just Saturday, that's when most the history and instruction is given. We need more ladies representing. Besides they are so easy to teach :)

Bcampbell

Sharpshooter
    Aug 15, 2011
    Bloomington
    I hoping to bring my son over to the spring Appleseed. Basketball is stopping us from the dec event. When will the sign up start for the march event?
    Brian

brianheeter

Marksman
    Nov 24, 2012
    Bloomington
    Dates for Nashville in 2014 are already up. You can sign up now. Bring some friends (and their kids, and friends of your son's and their parents, etc., etc.)

brian

Bcampbell

Sharpshooter
    Aug 15, 2011
    Bloomington
    We made it to a few of the steel shoots at Hoosier hills, we have not had much success getting new shooters out. By spring time maybe we can round up some interested bodies.
    Brian

Last edited:

linuxguy

Plinker
    Sep 20, 2012
    I've been trying to think of ways to get her to one, but she's still nursing our youngest one. The logistics are just not feasible until she's done nursing, I think.

linuxguy

Plinker
    Sep 20, 2012
    Day 2 at Nashville....will start at 8:30? What time should I be there? (I won't be there for Day 1, so may need to sign forms, etc).

brianheeter

Marksman
    Nov 24, 2012
    Bloomington
    Day 2 typically starts later than Day 1 but with the shorter daylight that we have to work with I wouldn't count on it. I would say show up at 0800 and you will be set. If you remind me as time gets closer I would be happy to send you a message Saturday night with the Sunday start time.

Day 2 at Nashville....will start at 8:30? What time should I be there? (I won't be there for Day 1, so may need to sign forms, etc).

gatorindy

Marksman
    Oct 2, 2009
    I'm in. Just got back from gander Mountain. Not exactly a proud moment but I was able to pick up some CCI standard .22. It was $5 a box of 50 or double bulk prices. But I have some. I probably bought double what I need for the weekend.
    If anyone else is as desperate as I was, I'll part with some this for exactly what I paid for it, not a penny more!!
    I'm trying to break in my Marlin 795, and it doesn't seem to like: federal bulk, Remington or Winchester. Keeps FTF and bending the bullet in half! We'll see how this stuff works.

Rayne

Grandmaster
    Jan 3, 2011
    Former Tree Sniper
    Yeah! What a sacrifice to make GatorIndy. If anyone else is hesitant to come because of ammo issues PM me and we'll work something out. Ammo is available for Appleseeds.

brianheeter

Marksman
    Nov 24, 2012
    Bloomington
    I will bring ammo that I will sell at my cost, $6 for 100 rounds. I got it from the CMP. .22 LR, standard velocity, Aguila SuperExtra, 40 grain, lead bullet. Look like it was made in Mexico. I will only sell what will be used at the Appleseed shoot so don't think you can clean me out and replace your stash! Not that any of the fine INGO'ers would even dream of such a scam.

Don't let an ammo shortage or the lack of a suitable rifle or any other gear issue keep you from showing up. Dress warmly and hear of the sacrifices that the Founding Generation made so that we, their posterity, could enjoy a freedom that the people of 1775 could only dream of. Oh, and we'll shoot guns a bunch, too!

C ya,

brian

brianheeter

Marksman
    Nov 24, 2012
    Bloomington
    I went to MCFG yesterday for a little while as a shooter. The weather was great and I had to try out my brand new Marlin 795 LTR. I only shot 25 rounds but you don't even need that many to see that this rifle is a shooter! I was putting respectable groups together and was satisfied. Then Yellowhousejake asked if he could put some rounds through it to see how mine compares to his Marlin LTR. Five rounds later he jumps up and says, "Yours is even smother than mine!" Then he hands me a small spotting scope and says, "One called flier." I look through the scope and see one ragged hole where 4 rounds went and a small hole just a little higher where his flier went. That guy and that rifle can shoot!

I'll have my Marlin LTR and a 10/22 for loan if you don't have a suitable rifle to use at Nashville. If you are thinking of bringing your son or daughter (niece, nephew, random neighbor's kid) or you are just small of stature and you don't have a rifle that "fits" the shooter, I will bring two 10/22 stocks that I have modified to fit smaller hands and the bodies of smaller shooters.

Don't let gear keep you from showing up. PM me if there is some gear-related issue that is making you question attending the Nashville shoot. I bet we can get your problem solved.

C ya,

brian

Top Bottom