9ihac5.jpg

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    Nothing yet in Northern Indiana but thats normal, I usually don't find any up here till mothers day.

I can second that. But I'm still check everyday. I am hungry for some steak and mushrooms. I can get around 6 lb's out of my property on a good year. Last year was not good at all :-(

Tnichols00

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 24, 2012
    Columbia City
    I went out on Wednesday and did a good walk through the woods just to check but after seeing where the other fungi and MayApples were I just ended up chasing my son around :)

Kev

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 21, 2012
    South Bend
    I was out turkey hunting on Wednewday up here in the North. I didn't see any morels, but I did notice the may-apples are popping up. That is usually a good sign. I also saw a "brain" mushroom. Not sure what they are really called, that's our name for em.

So it should be any time now.

Yeah

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 3, 2009
    Dillingham, AK
    I found a couple of handfuls this morning, in the woods between the range and my house. We had a decent rain and reports are it will warm through the weekend so I expect them get going in earnest.

yote hunter

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 27, 2013
    Indiana
    The son inlaw and I went out today and found about 20 small grays... Need some warm weather and some rain... Will try again next weekend...

findingZzero

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 16, 2012
    N WIndy
    Went yesterday (Eagle Creek area) found nada. That's not unusual for me, I suck at it, but I was with someone who is good at it. Found a few toadstools. Is central Indiana not there yet?

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    No big haul, but a very significant find for me. Walking distance from home is huge for this "bad mushroom hunter."
    ghitch75's pics and Greenedog's vids motivated me to hump the hills and valleys in the 'hood. Now that I have at least one productive starting spot, who knows what the possibilities could be?

20140430_171917_zpspn72o4xq.jpg

findingZzero

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 16, 2012
    N WIndy
    You have inspired me to try again after the next warm day. Being in the woods itself is not to shabby. We did find a box turtle.....and a junked car....

findingZzero

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 16, 2012
    N WIndy
    Excellent Greeenedog! That was the most helpful morel hunting tutorial/guide short of my relatives pointing them out to me on a hunt. Thanks for that. Going to show that to my daughters. How long does it take for a morel to go from 'not there' to full size? Should I check the same woods where I found nothing in the hope that it was too soon, or already picked? I'd heard good things about this place. Saw no one else that afternoon. How about giving a Tactical Morel Hunting (TMH) course. Bring yer own bag & fingers. Again,thanks. Now, where are you my little chambered lovelies.......?

Last edited:
    Top Bottom