• ...and so much more!
  • Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    Seems steep, depending on how long he had to spend farting around hunting for mods before clearing the code and driving it.

You're definitely sure no part of this went toward the tensioner repair?

xwing

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 11, 2012
    Greene County
    IMO you should talk to him (politely) and explain your concern. He should do the replacement at this point and just charge the part cost (and comp the labor.) See if he's reasonable...

thunderchicken

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Indianapolis
    IMO you should talk to him (politely) and explain your concern. He should do the replacement at this point and just charge the part cost (and comp the labor.) See if he's reasonable...
    I tend to agree. When I worked for a stealership (as our old friend Churchmouse called them) if we diagnosed it and said it was fixed but came back with the same problem we fixed it for free labor. Was good motivation to make sure you fixed it right the first time.

thunderchicken

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Indianapolis
    It’s a well known issue. I have no doubts that either the HCU is bad or the connector has been compromised. There is a an electical motor unit with a fault design or faulty contact springs which cause it to malfunction intermittently for most and some take a crap all together.
    What kind of truck or did I miss that?

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    Any idea what code it sets?
    I don't. Like I mentioned, it's such a well known issue I've not bothered digging terribly deep. It's been enough of an issue that replacements have been on backorder on and off for the past two years. A lot of guys paid for a replacement only to have the replacement fail also. They released a new version with an updated part number and I'm still waiting to hear if those are working properly.

I doubt I'll screw with it again anytime soon. Got me to Ontario and Austin last year just fine.

Hoosier Carry

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 20, 2012
    In the Woods
    I have no doubts that either the HCU is bad or the connector has been compromised.
    Today I fixed a chewed wire(fuel injector) on a 2017 ram. Chewed in half and about 3/4” wire missing. I wouldn’t put it past rodent damage but there is a huge issue with the abs module you speak of. Squirrels are chewing the crap out of our vehicles where we have to keep them parked inside. IMG_5021.jpeg

Top Bottom