• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Tryin'

Victimized
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    I really hated to see a double DNF from RBR right out the gate… especially since it appears to be some kind of grimlin rather than driver error or catastrophic failure. But, I am super stoked to have F1 back in the watch rotation!

LockStocksAndBarrel

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    3 out of 4 RB engines failed. Reliable as hell when they were Hondas. Looks like a fun season based on yesterday.

I'm a fan of the cagey old bastard Nando! Go Kamoa 14!

ETA: Johnson was 6th on the Texas oval. I think this is his first race he finished on the lead lap. His first oval, too. In an Indy car, of course. Thousands of laps there in NASCAR.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    3 out of 4 RB engines failed. Reliable as hell when they were Hondas. Looks like a fun season based on yesterday.
    They still are Hondas. Last minute U turn by Honda to continue in FI until 2026 when new engine specs come online. This season with all new chassis and 18" wheels does look like a fun one. Last chassis handled like they were on rails. This one...lots of bounce.

LockStocksAndBarrel

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    They still are Hondas. Last minute U turn by Honda to continue in FI until 2026 when new engine specs come online. This season with all new chassis and 18" wheels does look like a fun one. Last chassis handled like they were on rails. This one...lots of bounce.
    I thought Honda turned it over to RB. Porpoising...needs to get figured out. Especially Mercedes.

Rocket57

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 19, 2010
    In denial
    Been watching 'Drive To Survive" 2021 season on Netflix. What I find interesting is the absolute jubilation for some teams to score points (top ten) much less get on the podium.

Piobair

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 12, 2011
    NWI
    Been following F1 since Jim Clark and Lotus. But no cable and ESPN, so I have to follow the live text coverage on BBC.com. Happy Ferrari is making a comeback, but really upset about how badly McLaren did.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Been watching 'Drive To Survive" 2021 season on Netflix. What I find interesting is the absolute jubilation for some teams to score points (top ten) much less get on the podium.
    Points = money.

It was so good to hear the Italian national anthem again. And equally good to see Hamilton unable to keep up.

Looks like a good season for the Tifosi.

bcannon

QC Dept aka Picky F'er
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    55   0   0
    Apr 13, 2012
    Boiler Country
    Points = money.

It was so good to hear the Italian national anthem again. And equally good to see Hamilton unable to keep up.

Looks like a good season for the Tifosi.
    Not that I'm a Mercedes fan by any means but wouldn't write them off yet. They have a big r&d department and mega $ to pay for it.
    The first race was great seeing all the teams fighting to understand the new platforms but it's going to be a long season with more races than ever before.

Last edited:

Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    Looks as if there’s a lot of sand on track today in Saudi Arabia. Hopefully Red Bull has fixed their issue and put on a good show. Should be an exciting season if more than two teams have capable cars. As long as it’s not LH I’m fine with the results.

Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    F1 is talking about racing in Vegas and even Africa but not much mention of coming back to Indy. I loved going to the USGP when it was here and my car club make quite an event of it. I had seats in the 1st turn every year and saw a lot of action, well except for that whole Michelin Tyre protest thing…

bcannon

QC Dept aka Picky F'er
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    55   0   0
    Apr 13, 2012
    Boiler Country
    It would be awesome to see a F1 race back in Indy. Had a great time when I went. I think the issue of having the 2 racers being victims to Indys crime may have them low on the list of future GPs.

Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    It would be awesome to see a F1 race back in Indy. Had a great time when I went. I think the issue of having the 2 racers being victims to Indys crime may have them low on the list of future GPs.
    F1 doesn’t talk about it much but there are some countries that they need pretty heavy security for themselves and their equipment. I am embarrassed about all the crime that visitors must deal with in my home city anymore. There were players here for the NCAA Basketball Tourment that had their rooms at the Hyatt cleaned out! I guess all of the mayors crime interventionist or whatever BS name they came up with were busy at the time.
    Anyway go Red Bull, Ferrari, Haas, Alpha and the others….

Top Bottom