• ...and so much more!
  • bcannon

QC Dept aka Picky F'er
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    55   0   0
    Apr 13, 2012
    Boiler Country
    I wouldnt worry about that this weekend, hes not going fast enough.
    I had the biggest grin on my face yesterday after Q1. Hes finding out karma is a bitch.
    He can't produce with a car that's on the same level as the rest of the field. Still say Russell will out perform him this year.

Last edited:

Ironhippie

Go Navy
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 1, 2013
    Avon
    What happened to Lulu yesterday.......I'll tell ya what! He doesn't have the best car on the track this year, like he's had in years past! Like I said earlier in this thread, put him in an Aston Martin and he runs in back like anyone else. Funny that Bottas and Russell out qualified him yesterday. F1 has been more about the car than the driver for years, Tony Stewart once said, " The only car the driver really makes a difference in is a Sprint Car", yet when it came to Lulu the narrative was, oh what a superior driver he is, hell no other driver on the grid is even worthy to carry his helmet bag. Last week in Bahrain before qualifying the talent (analyst and announcers) talked about how he always puts away 4 or 5 tenths in his pocket during practice just so he has it during qualifying.......What a bunch of horse s**t ! So why didn't he reach in and grab him a handful yesterday. The announcers also kept alluding to there must be something wrong with his car, now we all know that Lulu is the #1 driver @ Mercedes and gets the best of everything including team orders, so how is it that he was so badly out qualified by his teammate in an identical car that needed to be carried by the driver? I'd say the myth that he's the greatest driver to ever fart in a driving suit has been debunked. Hell even his old teammate, Bottas, who was always sacrificed to improve Lulus situation out qualified him yesterday in a much inferior car.

Last edited:

cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    Go read about Brazil GP and crime.
    I had a buddy get mugged between the beach and his hotel when CART was in Rio. The muggers (there were a couple of them) picked the wrong guy. He ****ed both of them up pretty good. Smashed in their faces and broke a couple of their arms before going on his way.

Last edited:

Ironhippie

Go Navy
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 1, 2013
    Avon
    WOW! What a great battle today between Ferrari and RBR. Looking forward to the rest of this season and the rivalry between Charles and Max. Amazing that without Lulu up there neither driver battling for the lead ran into each other.

Jeff

Home of the P7
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Feb 28, 2008
    South Indy
    Indeed a great race today. Poor timing on Checo. I think he could have won. Nice battle between the front runners. Still hate the cars. Not as nimble as last years.

Ironhippie

Go Navy
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 1, 2013
    Avon
    I agree Perez had a great opportunity for the win today, but bad luck and a couple bad moves really cost him. Still a great weekend, P4 and sitting on the pole. Now that Hes had a taste of greatness the rest of the field better watch out.

bcannon

QC Dept aka Picky F'er
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    55   0   0
    Apr 13, 2012
    Boiler Country
    Great race today. I think Perez would've won it if not for poor timing and back luck. 1 more lap and I think Leclerc wouldve pulled it off. Max, Leclerc, Sainz, KMag, and Russell had a good race. Feel bad for Bottas.Too bad lulu got a point out of the deal today. Looking forward to Australia.

Destro

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 10, 2011
    The Khyber Pass
    Wow had no clue we had an F1 tread here! Do we have a soccer thread?

Gotta admit, I am a little bummed to see the Vegas race confirmed. In my mind, I guess it just confirms F1 won't be back to Indy for some time.

Also, if the ticket situation in Vegas matches Miami, it won't be realistic for many fans to go.

Looks like a good track and should be great TV though

Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    I seen this on my F1 app this morning. This should be a good race. I might have to go see this live.
    Will have to do some research and see if this will be 3 races in the US for next year. If so, :rockwoot:
    FOX59 just had a short story about the Vegas GP next year. They said it was going to be the third race in the US next year joining Miami and Austin. Also said it was going to be a night race under the lights. I went to every USGP held at IMS and the biggest problem I saw was the lack of promotion and public relations. The race would’ve drawn bigger crowds if it had been promoted more. I think that was always a problem for IMS, other than the 500 and Brickyard, as you wouldn’t even be aware of an event there unless you happened to be driving buy and hear the cars running.
    Other than the short blurb today about Vegas being added you never hear about F1 racing on any local news. For being the Racing Capital of the World we sure are lagging behind.

dobe77

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 5, 2021
    Northeast IN

Australian GP​

Mercedes is evidently going to have some major updates to their cars for Melbourne.
    They have not been showing very well as of late.

"Mercedes are set to make the first major hardware change to their car this weekend in Melbourne. We expect to see an all-new rear wing at the very least and possibly some accompanying changes to the floor."

There are also (4) DRS Zones for the Melbourne track.

Top Bottom