• ...and so much more!
  • cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    Well Mercedes better do something, they're making Hamilton look bad and F1 cant have that.
    Like so many forms of racing back in the day, the drivers used to drive the cars. Now it’s the other way around.

From the first time his crew downloaded data traces from the IndyCar dad was driving at the time, he despised data acquisition because it devalued his input as a driver. “Computers suck!” was his mantra and real-time telemetry only makes it worse.

Ironhippie

Go Navy
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 1, 2013
    Avon
    Like so many forms of racing back in the day, the drivers used to drive the cars. Now it’s the other way around.

From the first time his crew downloaded data traces from the IndyCar dad was driving at the time, he despised data acquisition because it devalued his input as a driver. “Computers suck!” was his mantra and real-time telemetry only makes it worse.
    I don't really have a problem with technology advancing the sport at the professional level.

Ironhippie

Go Navy
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 1, 2013
    Avon
    Doesn't appear Mercedes has made any improvements with their car. After 2 Practice sessions so far, Russel is 11th and Lulu is 13th fastest. Ferrari and RB sit top two. Looking forward to P3 and qualifying. I really feel sorry for the 4-time world champ Vettel, I bet he thinks how the hell did I end up in this Aston Martin Just think if I had been in a Mercedes the last 8 years Id be 11 time World Champ now.

Ironhippie

Go Navy
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 1, 2013
    Avon
    This is about to get interesting. I sure wouldnt have guessed a McLaren and an Alpine would be sitting in the #1 and #4 positions on time after P3. Cant wait for Qualifying to start here in about an hour.

Ironhippie

Go Navy
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 1, 2013
    Avon
    How bout those McLaren cars. Think RB has the better racecars this weekend. Looking forward to a good race tomorrow.

Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    Really feel bad for Alonso, he had a killer lap going until he crashed. That sentence sounds pretty silly but you know what I mean. Him and Vettel have had a rough weekend for past World Champions. Should be a good race with the top 4 cars all capable of winning if they race smart, and don’t get unlucky like Perez did. I have no real favorites yet this year, but always want Max to do well and LH to do poorly.

Ironhippie

Go Navy
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 1, 2013
    Avon
    Really feel bad for Alonso, he had a killer lap going until he crashed. That sentence sounds pretty silly but you know what I mean. Him and Vettel have had a rough weekend for past World Champions. Should be a good race with the top 4 cars all capable of winning if they race smart, and don’t get unlucky like Perez did. I have no real favorites yet this year, but always want Max to do well and LH to do poorly.
    No Kidding, Aston Martin has taken a beating this weekend and gotta feel bad for Alonzo. I'm loving seeing some of these other teams getting better though. As much as I dislike Lulu, If Mercedes, McLaren and Alpine can get a little closer in performance to the Ferraris and RB the racing would be phenomenal. Unfortunately I don't think there's any hope for the Aston Martin guys.

bcannon

QC Dept aka Picky F'er
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    55   0   0
    Apr 13, 2012
    Boiler Country
    Of all people, Sainz wasn't the one that I thought would be the first one out. Those Ferraris aren't very good at off-road racing..

Last edited:

Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    Well Poop!!! Max and Seb both DNF! RB better figure out their reliability issues STAT! Maybe Max should have kept #33! Charles and Cheko drove great races. I’m surprised Mercedes didn’t think up a way to accidentally swap George and Hammy towards the end.

bcannon

QC Dept aka Picky F'er
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    55   0   0
    Apr 13, 2012
    Boiler Country
    Yeah you have to feel bad for Max and Seb. Max had no control over it and Seb only had like 21 laps this whole weekend. I'm surprised that George got to keep his position also. Good race nonetheless.

Last edited:

Ironhippie

Go Navy
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 1, 2013
    Avon
    Christ! Toto Wolff is still whining about Masi and how poor Hamilton was out drove for the Championship last year. Are the Mercedes / Lulu fans ever going to get over it.

Top Bottom