• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ironhippie

Go Navy
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 1, 2013
    Avon
    No doubt Lulu is a skilled driver but I truly think that most of his success has been because he got in the Mercedes at the right time and team orders. There were so many races that the #2 driver was told to slow down or move over so Lulu could pass. He’s fought with every team mate he’s ever had and is the only one who has a little serf following him around to do the task most other drivers do for themselves. I wonder if she wipes for him after he sits down to pee. If he’s not winning he’s whining. All of his fans have stood staunchly on his winnings have been because of his great skills and not the car but whenever he doesn’t win it’s the car. Hell George was ready to win when he sat in for him one race if not for the “tire confusion” in the pits cost him so much time. Toto had to protect Lulu’s reputation and fragile ego. His arrogance and hypocrisy are astronomical. If he really practiced what he preached he wouldn’t race in numerous countries, or at least give his proceeds to humanitarian programs in those countries, and now he’s pushing for a race in South Africa. He needs to do a little research on what countries really abuse civil liberties and are the most oppressive. I’m sorry for the rant but I’ve watched F1 for decades and have never witnessed anything like him. For sure there have been drivers with massive egos and boisterous personalities but Hamilton is a different animal. Throw in the fact that if you say anything negative about him you’re attacked as a racist and that just makes everything worse IMHO. I hope George does well and I hope the racing between Red Bull and Ferrari continues with the ferocity and sportsmanship it has shown so far and that Haas continues to move forward. Also love the professionalism and more relaxed atmosphere in my the Cool Down Room when Sir Hamilton is absent. I’m so tired of the Woke World and just want to see good racing. Now let me go get my flame suit on…..
    :horse:
    100% If Vettel had been in the Mercedes the last 9 years he'd own all the record's and 11 Championships. Lewis was lucky to land in the right car at the right time and that was proven last weekend. He started 14th and he finished 14th, but man didnt the talent want him to get around Gasly something fierce. How many laps did they show him trying to pass Gasly, talking about how much more pace he had and bla bla bla but when it came down to equal cars and driving talent he wasn't able to get the job done. Glad he was the trail car in the DRS chain, cause if it would of just been him and Pierre he would've got around him and we would've had to hear until the end of the race what a great talent Lewis is.......BS. RB really stunk up the race........total domination. I really wish Leclerc would have got stuck there at the end just to tighten up the points even more. Really looking forward to Miami.

Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    100% If Vettel had been in the Mercedes the last 9 years he'd own all the record's and 11 Championships. Lewis was lucky to land in the right car at the right time and that was proven last weekend. He started 14th and he finished 14th, but man didnt the talent want him to get around Gasly something fierce. How many laps did they show him trying to pass Gasly, talking about how much more pace he had and bla bla bla but when it came down to equal cars and driving talent he wasn't able to get the job done. Glad he was the trail car in the DRS chain, cause if it would of just been him and Pierre he would've got around him and we would've had to hear until the end of the race what a great talent Lewis is.......BS. RB really stunk up the race........total domination. I really wish Leclerc would have got stuck there at the end just to tighten up the points even more. Really looking forward to Miami.
    When Bottas started showing skills Toto had to read the riot act to him and let him know the team was only there to have Hambone win. I lost a lot of respect for him once he settled on being just the #2 guy at Mercedes. Bottas, Vettel, Kimi, Alonso or a few other drivers would have won in the car that Lulu drove. Also note how happy every one of the #2s was once they left MB. The whole team was, and is, geared towards him winning. I know most teams had/have some sort of team orders ala Ferrari and Schumacher during his dominance but Mercedes’ just seems to have taken it to the extreme. I’m hoping Max repeats his championship drive this year but wouldn’t be mad if it was Ferrari or even George, just as long as Lulu does poorly and his fans flee his sinking ship.

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota
    I used to be more of an F1 fan. I went to a handful of races between 1971 and 2001 in Europe, Canada and USA including the Indy races in 2000 and 2001. Those were in the V10 era and I am so very glad I got to experience them. There will never be anything close to them anymore.

Then the cars went to quiet V6 engines and batteries and I lost a lot of interest, especially with Mercedes having a performance edge and the rules made so they kept that advantage for years.

It does sound like maybe I should watch a few races again and see if it is more interesting now.

Ironhippie

Go Navy
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 1, 2013
    Avon
    I used to be more of an F1 fan. I went to a handful of races between 1971 and 2001 in Europe, Canada and USA including the Indy races in 2000 and 2001. Those were in the V10 era and I am so very glad I got to experience them. There will never be anything close to them anymore.

Then the cars went to quiet V6 engines and batteries and I lost a lot of interest, especially with Mercedes having a performance edge and the rules made so they kept that advantage for years.

It does sound like maybe I should watch a few races again and see if it is more interesting now.
    These days are gone.

1651007763745.jpeg

Destro

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 10, 2011
    The Khyber Pass

If it helps bring you back, the Turbo V6s don't sound the same, but they are faster.

It's only a matter of time for NASCAR and others to follow.

Sent from my SM-A515U1 using Tapatalk

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota
    If it helps bring you back, the Turbo V6s don't sound the same, but they are faster.

It's only a matter of time for NASCAR and others to follow.

Sent from my SM-A515U1 using Tapatalk
    Yes, they are faster, thanks to the aero package and tires mostly, but the little bit faster is not noticeable when track-side. But I certainly will watch a race or two and hope F1 is entertaining again.

In the meantime I have gotten into Indycars. Not so much the ovals but the road courses and street courses are great. The races are much more accessible and they actually have lots of passing and close quarters racing - Very refreshing. Like F1, they also use V6 engines with turbochargers but somehow they still sound like racecars and not farting hippopotami.

dobe77

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 5, 2021
    Northeast IN
    "F1 will mandate the use of the helmet cam for all drivers from 2023 onwards after an overwhelmingly successful trial period."

I wonder what the drivers think of this mandate. F1 is stating that it is for us race fans to experience the driver's view.

Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Danville

bcannon

QC Dept aka Picky F'er
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    55   0   0
    Apr 13, 2012
    Boiler Country
    He been a spoiled whine ass ***** for too long. It'd be great to see him forced into retirement, especially for wanting to "express himself". He has the same amount of championships as Schumacher but he isn't half the driver he thinks he is imo. It's been great Russell has been outperforming him this year.

Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    After watching FP1 and FP2 I’m thinking there will be a lot of Safety Cars and maybe a couple Red Flags. Track is fast, tight and green.
    Hoping Max and Red Bull get their issues resolved, especially since it looks as if Mercedes’ is bringing a more capable car.
    Glad to see George is still out performing Lulu in an “undrivable” car.
    FP 3 starting soon…. :coffee:

Top Bottom