• Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    I really wish I'd have gotten to IMS for the F1 events there. :-(

I certainly don't follow it... But I know a knock on the races, seemingly forever, has been the lack of passing / changing positions within the race.

Has passing been made easier somehow? And I get that 1-car-wide racing lanes mean passing physically cannot happen...

will the physical alterations to the vehicles aid/enhance passing? Or is pit schedule about the only chance teams have to advance?

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    F1 is talking about racing in Vegas and even Africa but not much mention of coming back to Indy. I loved going to the USGP when it was here and my car club make quite an event of it. I had seats in the 1st turn every year and saw a lot of action, well except for that whole Michelin Tyre protest thing…

That day was a good lesson in how quickly a crowd can turn ugly.

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    I really wish I'd have gotten to IMS for the F1 events there. :-(

I certainly don't follow it... But I know a knock on the races, seemingly forever, has been the lack of passing / changing positions within the race.

Has passing been made easier somehow? And I get that 1-car-wide racing lanes mean passing physically cannot happen...

will the physical alterations to the vehicles aid/enhance passing? Or is pit schedule about the only chance teams have to advance?

Schumacher said passing was easy...all you had to do was get an order for your team mate to stand down.

Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    Just heard there was a giant fire in Jeddah about 20 miles from the track. A possible drone attack on an oil storage facility. Hope it doesn’t cause any issues with the race or crews

bcannon

QC Dept aka Picky F'er
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    55   0   0
    Apr 13, 2012
    Boiler Country
    Just heard there was a giant fire in Jeddah about 20 miles from the track. A possible drone attack on an oil storage facility. Hope it doesn’t cause any issues with the race or crews
    Sounds like there have been a few missle attacks and drone attacks on that oil facility in the past few weeks. I doubt it was timed to coincide with the F1 activity but they did have a safety meeting to address the situation today. That's why there wasn't any drone footage of the practice sessions today. Doubt there will be any drone footage this weekend because of the happenings there.

Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    Sounds like there have been a few missle attacks and drone attacks on that oil facility in the past few weeks. I doubt it was timed to coincide with the F1 activity but they did have a safety meeting to address the situation today. That's why there wasn't any drone footage of the practice sessions today. Doubt there will be any drone footage this weekend because of the happenings there.
    What a messed up world we are living in. Glad I’m old an enjoyed America when she was great and her people proud.

LockStocksAndBarrel

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Not that I'm a Mercedes fan by any means but wouldn't write them off yet. They have a big r&d department and mega $ to pay for it.
    The first race was great seeing all the teams fighting to understand the new platforms but it's going to be a long season with more races than ever before.
    I agree but remember there's a cap on budgets this year so the $ isn't unlimited.

Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    Predictions for P1 after qualifying today.

Going with the reigning champ
    Max, but it'll probably be Leclerc.
    If RB gets their fueling issue figured out they have a great chance at Pole. Oh, and those pesky drone launched missiles don’t interfere. :whistle:

Top Bottom