• ...and so much more!
  • pinshooter45

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 1, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Awesome work! seriously..

Oh and I know the fuel calculation was caught but I think I caught another reality error. What I don't understand is how can you look to the South East from the neighborhood your characters are in and see downtown Indy? You state that the are in an area where Lawrence fire engines are? Isn't Lawrence on the East Side? Meaning you would be looking South West to see downtown? Just bucking for some rep cause you offered it up for error correction..

Keep up the great work.. A seriously possible situation.. Oh and I honestly wouldn't have thought of filling my trash bins with water, cause I have holes in mine..
    Yeah I caught that too when I realized the fuel error, but wanted to see if any one else did. In reality from the bridge we would be looking southwest staight down the RR Tracks.

snowman46919

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 27, 2010
    Marion
    Shows you how long it's been since I've had the Scatterguns out! And that's one of the features of a Mossy I like, slide it forward to fire! At least the 1911 is stlll cocked and locked! New episode comming soon! :yesway:

The only safety that really matters is the one between your ears, I wasn't flaming you for it just pointing it out.

pinshooter45

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 1, 2009
    Indianapolis
    “Did you get the money out of the safe?” I asked. “No” she replied, “I thought you got it” “No I didn’t you were in the house while was taking care of the stuff in the garage.” “Well I had stuff to do in the house too!” she retorted. “OK, No biggie, let’s just get the cash, and I think we should split it, half to you and I carry the other half. Just in case some looter gets the drop on us we can claim to have only half of what we have and hope that he not any smart enough to check both of us. We returned to the bedroom and opened thes afe and grabbed the cash. “Do you think we should hold some back for later?” asked my wife. “That’s a tuiffie” I said, “depending on how long this lasts and how much total damage across the affected area. We could be in a barter system and cash could be worth about as much as toilet paper. But let’s leave $200.00, if things get restored around here faster than we think we may need the cash in case the banks and debit card systems don’t get going at the same time. Plus if we have to bug out cash may still be of some value to get us out of a jam of some kind.” She nodded in agreement as she handed me half of what was left. I folded it and placed it in my right front pocket, right where I had placed my little CZ.

As we exited the house, my wife headed straight to where the neighbors were gathering. I went to manually close my garage door, and then I opened the back door to my Jeep Cherokee and placed the20ga behind the beck seat, and I paused for a moment, and then slid the safety back to safe and then covered it with and old blanket I kept in the back of the Jeep. I thought safety first no sense in getting crazy till it was necessary. Hopefully, I thought, we could get out and back before the hard core looting began. And we would have no need to use deadly force.

When I joined the crowd of neighbors at the end of my driveway, it was a little smaller than I expected. John, Gary and his wife, Jim and his wife, Fred Wood and his wife who lived in between John and Gary and finally the Switzes. Mr., Switz, as he preferred to be called, probably because he was a lifer in the army having finished his career in Korea about ten years ago. He had worked in supply, and was responsible for maintaining their computers as well, but I never knew exactly what he did. He was a very private person, and had suffered a mild stroke about to years ago which had slowed him down a bit. But he still showed up with an M1 Garand in one hand and a well worn 1911 on his hip. Nicholas Wood was a big burly black man whose size was partly due to working all his life, and then retiring from the Chrysler Foundry just before they closed it. “Just in the Nick of time” He once told me.

“Where’s every one else?” I asked. “They’ve either decided to wait on the government assistance that MIGHT be coming, or are leaving.” Mr. Switz said. “Well I guess everyone has to make their own choices.” I stated. “So how do you all want to do this? Iasked. “They all looked at me and said “we thought you’d have a plan” “Well I don’t really have a plan, but I have some Ideas.” “You’ve done a pretty good job so far” Jim said. “Look I’m far from an expert…” “Neither are we.” John interrupted. “Well all I can tell you is what I can remember from watching the History and Discovery channel while I’ve been out of work. And of course there has been a lot of discussion about this kind of stuff on the disaster section on INGO. If you want my opinion let’s just keep it simple. Let’s pair up and try to by stuff at the Kroger in Devington, the Marsh over on Franklin road, and the Safeway on Shadeland. They are older stores and more likely to have some means of doing cash transactions If they have no power. Gary spoke up and said “My wife and I will go to the Kroger.” “I’ll try the Marsh.” Jim volunteered. “Then Debbie and I will go to the Safeway” I said. Then before I could ask John handed me a wad of cash, and said “I’m still not 100% from my surgery I still can’t move very fast, get me what you can.” Mr. Switz made the same request of Jim. “We’ll stay here and watch all the houses” John said. Mr. Switz has his guns, and I got my 12ga and my .38. We should be OK for now. “OK” I said. “Let me just suggest that we stick to canned food and meat, but don’t over look Hygiene items, trash bags, bleach to help purify water, OTC meds, batteries and bandage material, for injuries. And just anything you might think will come in handy. Matches, candles, charcoal and lighter fluid it would be a good idea if we want any hot food. Any Questions? Lets get going then.” But Jim suggested that we all join in silent prayer for a safe return before we went, so we all joined hands and bowed our heads.

Last edited:

pinshooter45

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 1, 2009
    Indianapolis
    The group separated and went to their vehicles to begin their missions. As I walked up to the Jeep I saw my wife standing by the van. “Shouldn’t we take the mini-van? She asked. “It has more capacity.” “Yes it does, but if we need to do a fast exit I’d rather have 8 cylinders instead of 6.” She nodded and climbed in beside me. I started the engine and backed out of the driveway and headed north behind the other two vehicles. Gary split off to go a half block west, and then turn north again to get to the Kroger. Jim took the same route we were taking east on 42nd to Shadeland, and then north. As I drove I noticed most of the houses that were abandoned in our neighborhood had suffered significant damage due to their neglect. But those that were still inhabited looked no more damaged that mine, at least from the out side.

When my wife and I reached the turn for the Safeway, we gave Jim a wave and turned into the parking lot. I was surprised to see that the store still seemed to have power, but there already was a crowd of people milling around in front, and they appeared to not be in a good mood! I parked the Jeep and we got out and started towards the store, it was then that I saw why those that were there were unhappy. This store had been robbed a few years ago and had hired private security. And there was a security guard standing in front of the doors blocking everyone’s way, and there was a sign behind him that read in large bold blackletters “CASH ONLY”. The Guard was a mountain of a man that looked like he could be Dwight Freeny’s bigger brother. He held a tactical Remington 870 in his hugehands and what appeared to be an older worn Smith and Wesson model 19 .357 on his hip with a couple of speed loaders mounted on his belt. We cautiously made our way through the crowd hearing the occasional obscenity muttered or said out loud. And when we reached the guard he said in a deep voice that seemed to come from a giant cavern somewhere in this very large man. “YOU GOT CASH” he boomed. “Yes’ I said in a firm voice. “Let’s see it!” My wife carefully opened her purse so hecould see, and every one else could not! “OK, you can go” We heard more unpleasant muttering as we entered the store.

“Let’s make this quick” I said. My wife nodded. The P.A. crackled “No more than10 per item, and CASH only” We quickly went to the far side of the store to begin. We grabbed a couple of bags of potatoes, and onions. They would keep awhile. Then we headed down the deli isle. Let’s get a little bread and some packaged meat. With the genny we can keep that stuff frozen for at least a little while, and cold with the frozen gallon jugs of water I had. As we were gathering various packages of lunch meat, I saw it…still there...no one had taken it all, BACON! The essence oflife! I grabbed 10 packages quickly and continued through the store. We grabbed all the jerky we could find and as much canned stuff as we could fit, 2 gallons of bleach, extra hand soap, toilet paper, paper towels, trash bags, some rubber gloves, the last case of bottled water they had, batteries, matches, and a bag of charcoal and lighter fluid, and headed to the check out. When the clerk rung everything up he stated that the cost was going to be double what was on the display! I began to protest but the manager, who was standing behind me in the office area shouted “Take it or leave it buddy, we don’t know when or if were going to get resupplied or how much it’s going to cost” I turned around and there he stood with his hand resting on a Glock. He was probably right, and we really did not have much choice. So we paid, and I had to dip into the other half of our money we brought, which left us with $100.00. Just as we were beginning to exit we heard the pop-pop-pop of what sounded like automatic weapons fire. There were some screams outside, and as I was hittting the deck forcing my wife to the floor with me. I could see every one scattering, and theSecurity Guard was mounting the 870 to his shoulder. Then there was another burst of fire, this time it shattered the large windows in front of the store. I covered my wife to shield her from the shattering glass. More screams from outside and inside the store. And then there was the boom…boom…boom…boom…boom of the Remington. And I heard the roar of an engine, and some hooting and hollering from the street, and I caught a glimpse of a pickup truck with a gang looters speeding south on Shadeland.

Last edited:

pinshooter45

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 1, 2009
    Indianapolis
    For some strange reason, I feel like zombies are coming soon to a market near you....
    While I'm not completely ruling out the appearance of Zombies at some point in the story line. But if you really want to have fun trying to predict where this story is going, think more Tom Clancy and less George Romero. But I really like "The Walking Dead" so I may work them in, but it will probably be near the ... well I think I'll keep you guessing. And I've liked every movie made from a Tom Clancy novel. I've read "Red October", and "Sum of all Fears", really liked that one! And while I can't match Mr. Clancy's knowledge and connections he probably has in the military and CIA. I have the internet for research. This story is very fluid right now and I have several senarios floating around in my head right now. :D

pinshooter45

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 1, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Therewere a few moments of silence. I cautiously raised my head to look around; people were sprawled out on the floor of the store and on the parking lot. No one was moving. Then I heard the sound of large boots crunching shards of glass from the direction of the entrance. I turned my head in the direction of the sound, and moved my right hand to clear my shirt from my Ruger and gripped it tightly, and released the thumb break. Looking up I saw the huge silhouette of the security guard. The 870 was still clutched in his right hand, smoke was trailing out of the barrel and the open bolt, and he must have emptied the entire magazine. He was dripping with sweat, and several crimson traces of blood were trailing down his huge bicep where a round had apparently just barely ripped the skin off. He walked right by us and confronted the manager who was still crouched behind the first register line. “Hey man you’re widows is shot up and the doors is busted, I can’t secure this!” He shouted. “And $9.50 an hour don’t cover getting shot at by some dude with and AK. I’m getting me some stuff then I’m outta here.”

The guard grabbed the nearest empty shopping cart, shoved the shotgun down insideand hustled to the nearest Isle. The Manager got to his feet and chased after the guard, shouting “You can’t do this to me!” The Guard stopped and swung around with a clenched right fist that caught the manager in the left eye. He went down like a sack of potatoes. “Stop me Mutherfracker!” It was then that all hell broke loose, people started coming from every where and began to loot the store. I grabbed my wife’s arm and helped her up. “Time for us to go” I said and we headed out the door. No sooner had we exited the store when we were confronted by a twenty something young man with a tire Iron. He grabbed the front of the cart;I grabbed my Ruger and pointed it at him. “Ain’t anything in this cart worth dying for Kid” I said. My whole body was taught with tension and the sights lined up right between his eyes and the gun never moved. I could see the instant terror in his eyes, and for a moment we just stared at each other. I knew he was just trying to survive like we were. “Just walk away.” I said. He hesitated, and then I heard a click from just behind me. “You heard him just walk away”. I knew my wife had just drawn and cocked her Taurus from her purse. The guy dropped the tire Iron, released the cart and ran away like demon possessed. I turned and looked at the woman I had married 34 years ago, and said “GREAT JOB GIRL!” She lowered her weapon and pressed the de-cocker a bit shakily, and said “I’m just glad he decided to leave.” “Me too, let’s just load up and get going.”

Last edited:

pinshooter45

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 1, 2009
    Indianapolis
    We quickly piled everything into the back of the Cherokee as organized as we could. We jumped in the front seat and started the engine. As I reached for the shifter Debbie grabbed my hand and said, “We need to go to the Pharmacy across the street.” I looked at her and said “Are you crazy…after what just happened?” “Precisely because of what just happened.” She continued. “The ones who shot at the store probably looted the drug store, and if things are falling apart this quick we need to get what medical supplies we can. They probably were after pain killers and Psych meds. Bandages, alcohol, Hydrogen peroxide are more than likely still there, we’ll need that stuff, and no telling how long it will be till help gets here and order is restored.” “We shouldreally go back to the house and get more help.” I demanded. “Look what’s going on at the grocery store if we wait, it’ll be too late nothing will be left! Reluctantly I agreed. We needed to do it now, organized gangs may be hitting these stores soon and nothing would be left. But with just the two of us I was worried about what might happen if we could not get in and out quick enough. I made the left turn out of the parking lot and headed for the Pharmacy.

When I entered the parking lot which was only about a block away I could already tell that it had been looted. The front glass doors were shattered and shards of glass lay all around. There were two cars in the lot parked on the north side. I drove by the front and down past the north side of the building to scan for threats. Seeing nothing threatening I parked besidethe drug store facing Shadeland Ave. “You stay here while I check the store out” I got out and retrieved the 20ga from the back seat and crept cautiously towards the front door of the store. Besides the glass being broken it appeared as if the doors had been pounded and pried open. There were several shell casings strewn about the entrance and I could see a few more inside. I listened intently for any sound. Faintly I could hear what sounded like someone sobbing. I began slicing the pie to keep from being surprised. I could find no threat. So I crept in slowly, and silently. The crying sounds were a little louder and clearer. As I crept by the front checkout lanes I could tell the sobbing was coming from behind me and to the right. I kept the shotgun in the low ready position and slowly turned. A piece of glass snapped under my right foot and the sobbing stopped. I scanned again for any threat. This time placing the butt of the shotgun tighter to my shoulder but still keeping the muzzle low. “Is there any one here”I called out, still nothing. I was completely turned towards were I had heard the sounds now, and I cautiously stepped in the direction of where the sobs had seemed to come from. I slowly crept between the checkout lanes. “I’m not going to hurt you, I’m here to help.” Finally I rounded the corner between the two check out lanes. And then I saw the source of the cries. It was one of the cashiers, she was bloodied and beaten. Her blouse had been ripped to shreds; she was curled up in almost a fetal position clutching her pants that had most likely been forcibly removed from her. And then I saw who I believed to be the pharmacist. He was laying face down near her, bleeding from an apparent gunshot wound to the calf. “Please don’t hurt me” she said in the most pitiful tone I had ever heard. I crouched down to her and said in a comforting voice and said “Your going to be all right, I’m not going to hurt you my wife’s a nurse and I’m going to get her, and she’ll help you” The words just seemed to bounce off her trembling body. I stood up and rushed back to the Jeep, and wasted no time opening the passenger side door. “Come on Hon, some people need our help” She could tell by the look on my face it was serious. She slammed the door behind her and rushed back into the store with me.

Last edited:

pinshooter45

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 1, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I'm still here, just been busy with the training stuff. Getting a Plan B in place in case I don't get the federal funds. It's been time consuming hopefully a new episode will be posted this weekend.

Top Bottom