• ...and so much more!
  • printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    This is the key. If people stop panic buying, prices will come back down, just like back in 2012-2014. When people can buy it at stupid prices and flip it for even more, the craziness will not end any time soon.

Thank the people that voted for bidet, we wouldn’t even be talking about this had Tump won. This is all panic buy based on democrats wanting gun restrictions and their attempts to remove the 2A.

Lee11b

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 22, 2014
    North Webster
    Thank the people that voted for bidet, we wouldn’t even be talking about this had Tump won. This is all panic buy based on democrats wanting gun restrictions and their attempts to remove the 2A.
    agree with you, printcraft. I'm worried thou, this lyin biden, with both branches of the legislature and what seems like a spineless Supreme Court, might put a serious hurt on us......hoping for aturn around in 2022!!!

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    This is the key. If people stop panic buying, prices will come back down, just like back in 2012-2014. When people can buy it at stupid prices and flip it for even more, the craziness will not end any time soon.
    So what prompts the "panic buying"? The people seem to believe what they are paying is worth it for their needs whether that be because they don't have any and believe they need some, or they think it may get worse and they're can't get it when they want it.

Just the first time buyers, of the past two years, getting one hundred rounds each is a billion rounds. If they practice once a month at fifty rounds that is 6 billion rounds a year. And new gun owners are created every day at a magnitude we may have never seen before.

Maybe you define it as "panic buying" because you have lived through other times in the ammo market. This is their normal...

Lee11b

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 22, 2014
    North Webster
    So what prompts the "panic buying"? The people seem to believe what they are paying is worth it for their needs whether that be because they don't have any and believe they need some, or they think it may get worse and they're can't get it when they want it.

Just the first time buyers, of the past two years, getting one hundred rounds each is a billion rounds. If they practice once a month at fifty rounds that is 6 billion rounds a year. And new gun owners are created every day at a magnitude we may have never seen before.

Maybe you define it as "panic buying" because you have lived through other times in the ammo market. This is their normal...
    Not caring for the "new normal".....ugh!!!

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    Are we forgetting Covid and the riots, large numbers of new gun owners, and others realizing that they may not be able to get the stuff they need. This all started long before Biden won the election. That may help to prolong it, but to think it would have magically been cured if Trump had won is wishful thinking.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Are we forgetting Covid and the riots, large numbers of new gun owners, and others realizing that they may not be able to get the stuff they need. This all started long before Biden won the election. That may help to prolong it, but to think it would have magically been cured if Trump had won is wishful thinking.

Yeah, "new' gun owners are a portion of that sure, and it adds to the overall, but the vast majority is existing gun owners in free fall over bidet.
    We saw "gun salesman of the year" banners for obama for the same reasons before riots or covid was ever on the scene.
    They just exacerbate an existing problem that occurs when democrats are in a position to restrict rights. Everyone knows what they have planned.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    I don't think it wishful thinking, we saw what happened after the first Trump election why would it be different? Wuwho flu and riots are just a part of the bidet election plan and will disappear shortly...

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    Yeah, "new' gun owners are a portion of that sure, and it adds to the overall, but the vast majority is existing gun owners in free fall over bidet.
    We saw "gun salesman of the year" banners for obama for the same reasons before riots or covid was ever on the scene.
    They just exacerbate an existing problem that occurs when democrats are in a position to restrict rights. Everyone knows what they have planned.
    My point it is all existed prior to the election. It's been almost a year of increasing prices. Things would have been in a much better state if the panic had begun in November.

Remember post Sandy Hook. Long after the talks about gun control faded it was still hard to get ammunition. It took a long time for the market to normalize.

I know Biden makes a good boogie man, but it isn't all his fault here anymore than it is for gas prices.

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    A portion maybe, I don't know how much 'new gunowners' are driving it now though. They likely got their gun and threw it in the sock drawer never to be touched again. I doubt these new gun owners are filling up the stalls at Point Blank.

Bill2905

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 1, 2021
    Lake County
    As long as people are willing to line up 50 deep outside of Cabelas before opening time to get whatever scraps are put on the shelves, this is going to continue.

I was in Ohio this morning and stopped at Bass Pro Shops in Perrysburg before driving back to Indiana. An employee told me they haven't seen much in the way of powder or primers in about a month.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    My point it is all existed prior to the election. It's been almost a year of increasing prices. Things would have been in a much better state if the panic had begun in November.

Remember post Sandy Hook. Long after the talks about gun control faded it was still hard to get ammunition. It took a long time for the market to normalize.

I know Biden makes a good boogie man, but it isn't all his fault here anymore than it is for gas prices.

And my points are the election is far more than a few weeks in the fall, it is an election year, and that is a common phrase. When I look at the plandemic i see how it was exploited the entire year for the election and how the riots were part of the democrats strategy to win the election and they all roll up into a big election year ball... If Trump had won the demand would have shrunk dramatically...

wcd

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Off the Grid In Tennessee
    Just a observation, but a few of my friends while not quite anti, but not really pro 2 a until now are seeing inflated prices as really not so bad. I gave a friend a box of JHP 9 mm 50 rounds and I think the price was like $16.99 on the box, then he understood well maybe theses prices are a bit over the top.

But for new owners some really do not know how high prices are right now.

airhog

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 6, 2021
    Lafayette
    This is speculation since I don't have data to back it up, but I suspect that scalping may be a significant factor. There's plenty of ammo listed on ammoseek. A chunk of factory ammo may be making its way to these online retailers. Through middlemen and business-to-business transactions with only a fraction reaching the consumer. By hoarding online retailers can artificially limit supply and inflate prices.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    Walked into a Walmart yesterday... shelves bare except some 300 Win Mag and 20 gauge shotshells.
    I remember having a discussion on here about having multiple calibers instead of the top 5 favorite calibers. This ammunition shortage kind of proves the guys that have many different calibers can find ammunition and shoot whatever calibers they can find ammunition for. That is usually the odd ball or no longer popular calibers.

4651feeder

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 21, 2016
    East of NWI
    While ammo prices have fallen a few cents recently, I'm less then convinced it's the beginning of a trend, especially now that many will be coming into another $1400.00 windfall to spend.

I believe a significant portion of recent ammo sales have been on speculation, not necessarily actual usage demand and speculation's path can be fickle.

Top Bottom