• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • worddoer

Master
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   1
    Jul 25, 2011
    Wells County
    If it comes down soon, I think everyone would be really happy. But based on past experience, I don't see that happening quickly. It will most likely be a slow ramp down over a year or two.

Oh...AND.....

0a4ruuN.jpg

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I know it may not be the proper thing to think or say for me but seeing some of the insanely priced ammo put up but part time members just languish makes me smile in an off beat kind of way.
    Yep. You've almost had to infract me several times. But I was a good boy and kept my mouth shut.

Well, except for that one about sending your primers to somebody else to load because the small time ammo maker had everything but. I didnt notice at the time it was in the classies. I thought it was somebody just putting it out there as a PSA. Oops. If I had noticed what forum it was in, I would have probably kept my yap shut.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Yep. You've almost had to infract me several times. But I was a good boy and kept my mouth shut.

Well, except for that one about sending your primers to somebody else to load because the small time ammo maker had everything but. I didnt notice at the time it was in the classies. I thought it was somebody just putting it out there as a PSA. Oops. If I had noticed what forum it was in, I would have probably kept my yap shut.
    It is so hard not to say something.

CHCRandy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 16, 2013
    Hendricks County
    I was a slacker on getting 45 ammo. I have plenty of everything else, and really a big surplus of 556 ammo. I have been watching 45 prices and they are still pretty high it seems, but I did see 22lr "down" to 55-60 a brick, lol. Wonder what the most popular caliber is? I figured it was 9's, but starting to think the 45 must be pretty popular as well.

Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Aug 4, 2017
    Fishers
    I was a slacker on getting 45 ammo. I have plenty of everything else, and really a big surplus of 556 ammo. I have been watching 45 prices and they are still pretty high it seems, but I did see 22lr "down" to 55-60 a brick, lol. Wonder what the most popular caliber is? I figured it was 9's, but starting to think the 45 must be pretty popular as well.
    You'll start seeing 45 back in the market soon I'm guessing. I saw multiple cases at Point Blank in Greenwood for a fair price. Of course, you had to be a member, using the range, or buying a gun but it was there. Won't be long before it finds it's way to retail stores without ridiculous obligations.

sheepdog697

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Sep 2, 2015
    Cedar Lake
    I dont know if I'm looking at the same thing as you, but it seems like its holding pretty steady. I agree that at some point the people that are buying to hoard or resell will realize they have enough. Who knows, I'm happy i stocked up what i did, when i did. That being said, im not training as much because its not as readily available to restock my supply. Plus this weather is less than ideal :-)

Ill be happy when reloading components come back in stock, and they offer free hazmat and shipping(LOL). While im still able to get lucky and score some supplies, its not the same as it was. I think long gone are the days of saying hmm i want to try 140gr eldms. Then hit the internet, and shop around until you find the best price....

SheepDog4Life

Natural Gray Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 14, 2016
    SW IN
    I had luck trading some surplus 9mm white box FMJ for bricks of 22LR... basically "old price" for "old price".

I would imagine 556 you might be able to do the same if another member is up to their eyeballs in .45 ACP.

Brimaster

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 24, 2010
    Lake County / Eagle
    Don't think the prices are coming down it is just product is starting to hit the stores more frequently. Yesterday i saw a auction where 1500 rounds of 22LR went for over $700. So i would stay away from auctions for buying that's for sure...

700 LTR 223

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 5, 2008
    Is it just me or does it seem like ammo prices are coming down the last couple of days?
    I'll let you know once I see any ammo on the shelves anywhere. I was at Rural King on the 26th of Jan and picked up two 50 round boxes of 22lr at $1.99 each. The only ammo I have bought for quite a while now.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    Really only "need" one caliber right now. Have everything to reload it except primers!

Bobby

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 14, 2008
    Muncie/New Castle
    Ammunition prices might be coming down off of the spike that happened from the Georgia Senate results and Biden Inauguration. Demand will be here for months but the intensity of it might be lessening a bit. Plus, gun stores are beginning to put more stringent restrictions in place so that could be curbing demand a bit. For example, Cabelas has a 5 box limit for pistol, rifle, and rimfire purchases. Walmart on the south side of Muncie has a 2 box limit.

I have been working at a gun store since February of 2020 and these things seem to be moving in waves the last few months.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom