• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Chance

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 25, 2009
    Berne
    Business 101 is all about cash flow. No distributor is going to sit on product for long trying to squeeze profit. Cash has to turn to pay the bills.
    if the election had gone the other way, the sense of urgency to “get it while you can” probably would not have existed.

ajeandy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Oct 25, 2013
    S. Indianapolis
    Congress approved the $1400 checks so people are supposed to be getting those by the end of the month now. I doubt that will drive prices anything but up. Also you get $1400 for each kid holy cow. People with 6-7 kids are going to be getting a pretty big welfare check.

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.6%
    28   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    I was a slacker on getting 45 ammo. I have plenty of everything else, and really a big surplus of 556 ammo. I have been watching 45 prices and they are still pretty high it seems, but I did see 22lr "down" to 55-60 a brick, lol. Wonder what the most popular caliber is? I figured it was 9's, but starting to think the 45 must be pretty popular as well.
    The rimfire ammo I like has been $60 a brick for years now.

SheepDog4Life

Natural Gray Man
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 14, 2016
    SW IN
    Brass 9mm in quantity and not disappearing instantly at 70 cpr. IMO, prices edging down, still crazy high, but with some availability.

Ditto basic brass 55/62 gr 5.56mm at 85 cpr. Again, IMO, edging down but I don't look more than weekly.

I'm wondering what the "squeeze" price is that the gougers start panic selling on GB to avoid loosing their shirts on a garage full of ammo?

Last edited:

Loganwildman

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 29, 2012
    Logansport
    I was a slacker on getting 45 ammo. I have plenty of everything else, and really a big surplus of 556 ammo. I have been watching 45 prices and they are still pretty high it seems, but I did see 22lr "down" to 55-60 a brick, lol. Wonder what the most popular caliber is? I figured it was 9's, but starting to think the 45 must be pretty popular as well.
    This is why I am thankful I had plenty of supplies on hand to reload. I loaded 3000 .45acp over the winter at the prices I paid 4-5 years ago.

ajeandy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Oct 25, 2013
    S. Indianapolis
    After the action in the House of Reps today, you can kiss any thoughts of dropping prices goodbye! As more action is taken, prices will get worse. The Dems TOLD you that they were on this path. If you were holding out for a price drop, you missed it.
    What did I miss? I don't really pay attention to politics

ajeandy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Oct 25, 2013
    S. Indianapolis
    Ammo at Buds guns online has been going down in price and availability is up. Still sky high though. .70 cents per for 9mm. Was a buck a round a week ago and slight availability. I check daily just to see where its going. Don't need any at the moment though thank God
    Will see if the stimulus checks affect it or not.

airhog

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 6, 2021
    Lafayette
    When hyperinflation strikes countries in South America and elsewhere, even to this day, the primary underlying factors are not economical but psychological. Fear and speculation tends to be self-reinforcing and self-fulfilling.

Some folks that were planning on spending stimulus money on economic necessities may, after hearing about possible future price increases, gloom and doom, spend part of it on ammo when they don't need. Not everyone thinks rationally. This only benefits middlemen who don't produce nothing but end up siphoning from consumers and manufacturers alike. As a consumer I don't much care for it.

SheepDog4Life

Natural Gray Man
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 14, 2016
    SW IN
    Ammo at Buds guns online has been going down in price and availability is up. Still sky high though. .70 cents per for 9mm. Was a buck a round a week ago and slight availability. I check daily just to see where its going. Don't need any at the moment though thank God
    I'm seeing the same thing on AmmoSeek. Seems like 60-65 cpr disappears fast online, and 65 cpr looks like the GB price today. Multiple sites with multiple brands of brass 9mm at 70 cpr that looks to be readily available at that price. (Rem, Blazer, Speer).

I'm assuming the fact that we're seeing Rem 500 rnd 9 mm packs online means that they are loading ammo again.

22 LR, it's still cray... $90-100 a 500 brick for CCI/Blazer.

Bill2905

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 1, 2021
    Lake County
    I stumbled into some Aguila Super Extra 22 LR for 11 cents a round at MidwayUSA this past weekend. While that is double the pre-pandemic price, it's pretty good relative to what is available out there for both retail and private sales which are going as high as 20 cents.

TheJeff

Plinker
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    Jul 7, 2020
    US
    If it comes down soon, I think everyone would be really happy. But based on past experience, I don't see that happening quickly.

SheepDog4Life

Natural Gray Man
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 14, 2016
    SW IN
    The sites that had 9 mm Blazer cases and Browning range packs (500 rnds) yesterday for 70 cpr are now 68 cpr and are moving with reduced quantities.

Midway still has Remington range packs at 70 cpr, and if the AmmoSeek quantities available are accurate, only sold 5 of them in the past 24 hrs... from 168 yesterday to 163 today.

So I'm seeing resistance at the 70 cpr price... lower than that goes pretty quick. We'll see what happens tomorrow when the stimulus money becomes available in people's bank accounts.

Top Bottom