• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • binkerton

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 21, 2012
    I went to the 1500 Saturday and saw .223 going for .90 to $1 a round. Saw titegroup going for $75/lb and I just bought some 2 weeks ago at $45/lb.
    That is just nuts. I'm glad I bought an 8lb jug of TG at retail last year. It was the last one Atterbury had and was $160. Cant imagine what that would go for now.

ajeandy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Oct 25, 2013
    S. Indianapolis
    I don't frequent the local stores anymore. I gave up on that a long time ago...but I watch the online scene very closely. Stuff is still selling out in seconds to minutes if the price is right. Anything that's "market priced" is sitting for a while.

700 LTR 223

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 5, 2008
    Of course people are buying. Midway USA has jacked their prices up and they're one of the biggest online retailers. They have their own massive conventions for smaller retailers. They're selling 223/556 for close to $1 a round.
    Midway emailed me this today. Don't even give you a break buying 1000 rounds . I'll start shooting slingshot before I pay that for 9mm. Luckily I still have enough components to reload 9mm for a while.

Attachments

• a 1 a a a ammo.jpg
      a 1 a a a ammo.jpg
      349.3 KB · Views: 14

bgcatty

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Sep 9, 2011
    Carmel
    Midway’s pricing at about $1/round is most unfortunate considering they are one of the largest online sellers and purport to be a strong supporter of 2A. You’d think they would cut the gun community a break and start lowering prices a bit.

Tyler-The-Piker

Boondock Saint
    Rating - 100%
    101   0   0
    Jun 24, 2013
    ><(((((*>
    Midway’s pricing at about $1/round is most unfortunate considering they are one of the largest online sellers and purport to be a strong supporter of 2A. You’d think they would cut the gun community a break and start lowering prices a bit.
    people have to stop buying it at that price first.
    Only after sitting on inventory longer than they're comfortable with will the prices naturally start to come down...

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Midway emailed me this today. Don't even give you a break buying 1000 rounds . I'll start shooting slingshot before I pay that for 9mm. Luckily I still have enough components to reload 9mm for a while.
    How high is this bubble going to go? Good Lord.

STEEL CORE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Fishers
    I see that guy, the owner of Midway USA on the cable gun channel(s), he say's "I am Larry Potterfield the owner of Midway USA and I appreciate your business", I like the guy, but he should be pointing a shot gun at the camera now days in his ads.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    people have to stop buying it at that price first.
    Only after sitting on inventory longer than they're comfortable with will the prices naturally start to come down...
    This is the key. If people stop panic buying, prices will come back down, just like back in 2012-2014. When people can buy it at stupid prices and flip it for even more, the craziness will not end any time soon.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Seyboldbryan
    Top Bottom