• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Just some ribbon to put on my class A uniform that was probably already dropped off at Goodwill.
    The funniest part of it was, it was for some joint forces exercise that I didn't even participate in. My wife was due any day with our first, and my equipment went, but I didn't.
    So your equipment received an award?

Dirtebiker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Feb 13, 2011
    Greenwood
    The question is whether he actually earned those awards or not. If he didn't, and by some mistake they appeared on his DD214, should he be able to claim the honors for those additional awards? I say no. An honorable person would immediately point out the mistake, would they not?
    The dude's dead! He did a great job! The people that knew him say he was a great man!
    Who gives a damn how many of which medals he "earned"!?

atvdave

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 23, 2012
    SW Indiana
    Not All awards are public, up to and apparently including 2 Navy Crosses awarded during the GWOT. See Article below. Might be the source of "confusion". Can't count the number of DD214 errors I have seen. Bottom line the man was a Hero and we may never get to know all the details.

Navy SEALs secret medals reveal heroism during past 15 years

agree 100%.. I know my DD214 has a few errors on it. I have no idea what my official record looks like?

Your DD214 & the official record is only as good as the persons who record the data on it. On my ship we had 3 pieces of **** who (among other things) took care of inputting data into our records. If you went to ask them a question about anything with payroll, our your service record they got pissed off.

Bottom line is that your record is only as good as the person who inputs the data into it.

I think I'll give him a pass on this.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville

Risqué for back in the day.
    ww2-15.jpg

The lovely Rita Hayworth "harvesting" bumpers for scrap metal.
    ww2-14.jpg

DragonGunner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    N. Central IN
    At best a braggart?

Just wow.

Agree. I have watched tv interviews with Chris and the host telling him he is a hero and great sniper…..And Chris saying and how he doesn't feel that way, very humble to the point where he said there are far better snipers than he is, and in fact how he barely made passing in sniper school. If he does brag…..I think he has earned it.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    I have several DD-214s. They all say something different. There are medals on some of the earlier ones that were left off the latter ones. It's just how it goes.

Top Bottom