• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I had a feeling Brainard was in favor of this, so really not much of a surprise.

Probably because most of the people that would attend that Mosque probably are highly educated, and bring with them a pretty nice salary. They will be indoctrinated into the Carmel lifestyle. Fun fact, the first arrest I ever made (outside of FTO) was a Muslim "lite" guy for DUI.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I realized that the site of the mosque is almost exactly a mile from where a mom and 3 daughters died after crashing into a retention pond a few years ago. They were muslim.

I think that gives the area a bit more meaning.

ETA:
    Wow.

That was 10 years ago....

https://www.theindychannel.com/news/relatives-mourn-mom-3-daughters-killed-in-pond-crash

I was working that night. Todd Case manned up and jumped in the pond trying to save those people. I don't know if this has ever been reported, and the PD can't exactly reprimand me now, but those people died because.... well... I really don't know why. I don't want to call them stupid... but they sat in van as it sank and called 911, so whatever you call that, that's what it is.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    I was working that night. Todd Case manned up and jumped in the pond trying to save those people. I don't know if this has ever been reported, and the PD can't exactly reprimand me now, but those people died because.... well... I really don't know why. I don't want to call them stupid... but they sat in van as it sank and called 911, so whatever you call that, that's what it is.

I can see that intersection from my house. When it was happening, we wondered what all the lights were for. When we were looking out, we saw at least one of the victims brought out of the water. A few minutes later I bundled up and walked out to see if any of ya'all wanted coffee or anything.

And they died because they panicked. I know because I had to listen to the 911 recordings.* They didn't know what to do.

I can't really express the suck of that process, which of course pales in comparison to what the family of the victims went through.

*There were APRA requests for the recordings, which, for a variety of reasons I do not think ever aired in public.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    I can see that intersection from my house. When it was happening, we wondered what all the lights were for. When we were looking out, we saw at least one of the victims brought out of the water. A few minutes later I bundled up and walked out to see if any of ya'all wanted coffee or anything.

And they died because they panicked. I know because I had to listen to the 911 recordings.* They didn't know what to do.

I can't really express the suck of that process, which of course pales in comparison to what the family of the victims went through.

*There were APRA requests for the recordings, which, for a variety of reasons I do not think ever aired in public.

Sadly, too many people don't know what to do.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    All of sudden the Carmel people realized the $5mil carousel isn't too bad.

If I understand your point, and I'm not sure I do, this won't matter in a few days, let alone in the next election cycle.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    https://www.in.gov/judiciary/opinions/pdf/03121901mgr.pdf

I had completely lost track of this situation. Some remonstrators actually filed a lawsuit to stop the mosque. They had a procedural mistake (didn't file the record in a timely way), but Judge Nation didn't dismiss the case because - reading between the lines - there may have been some shenanigans by the City.

Court of Appeals disagreed. Remonstrance ordered dismissed.

Not sure that the Indiana Supreme Court will take it.

(Interesting inside observation: the Carmel BZA used a Ft. Wayne firm for the appeal.)

Top Bottom