After a broom and two warning shots, he kept on coming...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Time to derail the thread….I am curious German World War era? Two different calibers?

Yes, on the right is a standard 7.62X25 caliber Mauser on the left is a 45 ACP. Sold world wide Broomhandles were very popular and copied by different competitors. The 45 ACP is a rare version that comes from Nationalist China during the 1920s, supposedly made to go with Thompson submachine guns purchased at the same time. Most were made in either 7.62X25 or 9X19, but Mauser also had proprietary calibers like the 9X25 made from 1904-1914 very similar ballistics to 38 super. In 1940 the company was experimenting with boosting the power of this cartridge and the pistol itself up to .357 magnum numbers but wartime production shelved the idea. mauser work.jpg

KJQ6945

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    Texas
    My son actually brought a Leadeye broom handle back in pieces, at a shoot a few years back. I started having a heart attack. But, Leadeye had it reassembled before I could die. True story!

wcd

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Off the Grid In Tennessee
    Yes, on the right is a standard 7.62X25 caliber Mauser on the left is a 45 ACP. Sold world wide Broomhandles were very popular and copied by different competitors. The 45 ACP is a rare version that comes from Nationalist China during the 1920s, supposedly made to go with Thompson submachine guns purchased at the same time. Most were made in either 7.62X25 or 9X19, but Mauser also had proprietary calibers like the 9X25 made from 1904-1914 very similar ballistics to 38 super. In 1940 the company was experimenting with boosting the power of this cartridge and the pistol itself up to .357 magnum numbers but wartime production shelved the idea. View attachment 202345
    See you can learn something around here.

thank you very nice collection.

Bugzilla

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 14, 2021
    DeMotte
    Yes, on the right is a standard 7.62X25 caliber Mauser on the left is a 45 ACP. Sold world wide Broomhandles were very popular and copied by different competitors. The 45 ACP is a rare version that comes from Nationalist China during the 1920s, supposedly made to go with Thompson submachine guns purchased at the same time. Most were made in either 7.62X25 or 9X19, but Mauser also had proprietary calibers like the 9X25 made from 1904-1914 very similar ballistics to 38 super. In 1940 the company was experimenting with boosting the power of this cartridge and the pistol itself up to .357 magnum numbers but wartime production shelved the idea. View attachment 202345
    MOMENTARY HIJACK!
    If you are into WWII history, Danger Forward is an excellent read. Was written in the 1950’s I believe. It covers the Europe Campaign, where both my Uncle Frank and my Father in Law served. It describes many of the battles from a first hand view then by the military perspective. On page 77 it describes a battle in N Africa that I swear is the battle where my Uncle’s tank got taken out. He was the only survivor. The description matches the story we were told by family growing up to a T. My dad was in the Pacific and most likely would have been heading to Japan if not for President Truman

Top Bottom