• ...and so much more!
  • gregr

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2016
    West-Central
    It's kind of funny
    That man you`re having a good time mocking and laughing at gave up His sinless life so you could be saved from hell if you should choose to accept Him as Lord and Savior. I find this "humor" to be completely offensive and inappropriate. I hope you, and everyone else here will come to a point in your lives when you see your need for Jesus and come to a saving faith in Him.

Take care all...

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    That man you`re having a good time mocking and laughing at gave up His sinless life so you could be saved from hell if you should choose to accept Him as Lord and Savior. I find this "humor" to be completely offensive and inappropriate. I hope you, and everyone else here will come to a point in your lives when you see your need for Jesus and come to a saving faith in Him.

Take care all...

Proverbs 17:22

A joyful heart is good medicine, but a crushed spirit dries up the bones.

maxwelhse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2018
    Michiana

Take care all...

This is where I thought you were going... and you're wrong.

What actually happened: A few members (me among them), cited a story from the bible as an anecdote in another conversation, without disrespecting it, and you assumed the opposite. I wasn't mocking anything. I assume Hatin and CM weren't either. In this case, I was laughing with Jesus.

I get it that words get twisted up and people don't always read the same things. However, if you really think we needed Jesus (and you're almost certainly right that we do), I'm not positive this is how you steward people into following.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area

Proverbs 17:22

A joyful heart is good medicine, but a crushed spirit dries up the bones.

This. I thought it was funny too, and I consider myself fairly religious. You cant look around at the world and NOT think God has a sense of humor.

Dont take yourself too seriously. It makes you cranky and insufferable.

Edit: And I think creations like that depend on what was in the creator’s heart. If it is someone thinking it’s funny and not taking things too seriously it’s OK. But if it’s someone being a jerk to make fun of Christians it would be totally different.

Last edited:

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I dont think I copied this here yet. I think this sums it up. It was in response to a friend's VERY emotional response to this mess as a OEF vet.

One of the generals (retired I believe) said it best a couple days ago. "You cant buy willpower." You all did your best to train them and arm them up. But there was no way to get into their hearts and make them determined to live free no matter the consequences.

I'm beginning to understand that our mindset is bred into us. And that our belief that ALL people are created equal is a critical ideal that sets us apart and makes our way of life worth fighting for. Yes, there are some Afghanis that might want to fight hard enough. But most wont. Its just not in their blood. They don't truly want and value the freedoms we have because they don't truly understand and want freedom. ESPECIALLY not freedom for ALL, which is key. (like their view of women being less than equal) They are conditioned to live under oppression.

And I think it has a lot to do with their society's morals; They don't have as much to fight for. I mean, you or I would die fighting for our kids' freedoms so that they could be free. But would we fight and die for our property, such as livestock? Probably not. Its just property. And that is why (IMHO) they wont fight; If you see your wives and daughters as property like they do, the fire just isn't inside you to fight. Sure, we fight for our children and their rights, but if they treat girls as expendable property, there is nothing there worth fighting for. They are just property, barely above livestock. Not worth giving their life for. And THAT is the disconnect.

While I agree with Biden that we needed to get out, his execution was completely botched. We didn't just rip the band-aid off the back of our hand. We amputated the hand at the wrist. But hey, BAND AID IS GONE!!!!

And I have decided to stop making fun of the French. The joke is now "For sale. Afghan army rifle. dropped once, never fired."
    You guys did what you could, and we are proud of you.

--------

I think our fight was valiant, but hopefully we learned our lesson. We should help others who value freedom get it. But not at the cost of our soldiers. No more land wars in Asia. It is never worth it and seldom works out the way we want it to. Let the S***hole countries be s***holes, and concentrate on our own messes here at home.

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.

jwamplerusa

High drag, low speed...
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 21, 2018
    Boone County

From the article "President Joe Biden on Sunday said he had no qualms about removing U.S. troops from Afghanistan, telling reporters he had a decision to make, a judgment “no one else can or will make,” and that he is convinced he’s “absolutely correct in not deciding to send more young women and men to war for a war that is not warranted.” (Ed. emphasis added)

And the emphasized part is what makes that sorry sack of s*** utterly unfit to be Commander in Chief. If your "judgement" is to throw out a deal which promised a relatively clean exit so you can provide the enemy the aid and comfort of your Nation's weapons and put thousands of American citizens in harms way, then you don't have the "judgement" to be left alone.

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.

Take care all...
    I have, and do, thanks.
    The only reason this is mocking is because it’s such a cheesy trick, you can see right through it. The real Jesus performed actual miracles that were mind blowing and not understandable to the mortals.
    But I still think He would laugh at this, or at least roll his eyes, all while knowing that some people are going to be mocking Him through it, and some people are going to be challenged to remove the corncob from their ass.

Last edited:

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I have, and do, thanks.
    The only reason this is mocking is because it’s such a cheesy trick, you can see right through it. The real Jesus performed actual miracles that were mind blowing and not understandable to the mortals.
    But I still think He would laugh at this, or at least roll his eyes, all while knowing that some people are going to be mocking Him through it, and some people are going to be challenged to remove the corncob from their ass.
    And don’t forget “hey, what is this about? Tell me more about this Jesus guy…”

maxwelhse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2018
    Michiana

From the article "President Joe Biden on Sunday said he had no qualms about removing U.S. troops from Afghanistan, telling reporters he had a decision to make, a judgment “no one else can or will make,” and that he is convinced he’s “absolutely correct in not deciding to send more young women and men to war for a war that is not warranted.” (Ed. emphasis added)

And the emphasized part is what makes that sorry sack of s*** utterly unfit to be Commander in Chief. If your "judgement" is to throw out a deal which promised a relatively clean exit so you can provide the enemy the aid and comfort of your Nation's weapons and put thousands of American citizens in harms way, then you don't have the "judgement" to be left alone.

When you screw up that badly, your only option is to double down or quite possibly face criminal charges. At least that's how I see it.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    I can tell you the French wouldn't be the guys out there saving our people.

President Bro-nald Trump wouldn't have done France dirty like that.

View attachment 154574
    It seems suiting since he's already had to prop Biden up before...

View attachment 154576
    Biden's hand appears to be a little low there. Probably trying to play grab ass with Macron.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth

Take care all...
    I literally gave my life to Him today and chose to get baptized, but that doesn't mean I didn't chuckle.

A mild joke doesn't make God not God, nor does it nullify the sacrifice Christ made for us.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I think it's become apparent the U.S. will need to send fighting vehicles outside the airport to go pick up American citizens, and this will probably involve reneging on the Aug. 31 "pullout deal" they made with the Taliban. My understanding is these are American civilians, desk-jockeys and paper-pushers who probably don't even have guns. It's not their fault the U.S. effed this up, and the .Gov is telling them to "shelter in place" again.

Problem with that is, it would mess up Joe Biden's 9-11 "we are out" message. This will require a scapegoat. Somebody is going to have to fall on the sword for the "intelligence being wrong on the ground." Wonder who it would be?
    You mean “It’s Trump’s fault” isn’t sticking?

Top Bottom