• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • samspartan

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 21, 2009
    Does anyone here ride adventure motorcycles.
    I just go an hd pas . Looking for dirt roads and possibly riding buddies.
    a91b9ee2541e2159d67faf6af43e9bc8.jpg

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    Thought I'd post up about a product I installed today which literally doubled how pleasurable the motorcycle is to ride. I'm no shill, no association with anyone but if you ride and don't have factory cruise control, do yourself a favor and research the Atlas Throttle Lock. It ain't cheap but I don't see me ever regretting this purchase.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Thought I'd post up about a product I installed today which literally doubled how pleasurable the motorcycle is to ride. I'm no shill, no association with anyone but if you ride and don't have factory cruise control, do yourself a favor and research the Atlas Throttle Lock. It ain't cheap but I don't see me ever regretting this purchase.

I'll be interested to see how well this works out over time. I have one of those cheapie clamps that hook to the throttle and friction fit against the brake lever. I've used it enough to know it works, but really don't take it out from under the seat at all.

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    Apparently someone in my office complex is kind of an adventure sports kind of guy. He has an almost dirt bike-esque KTM dual sport that he'll ride in on occasion. It looks well-used judging only by the dirt on it.

Funny to me, as a guy who has never ridden a motor cycle, as to how there are even divisions within the DS motorcycle game. There are the street machines and then there are the more trail-oriented bikes. Heck, for all I know, all it requires is a tire change?

If I were to be a motorcycle dude, I really do think I'd appreciate the upright stance of a DS bike vs. others, though.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    I'm having a REALLY tough time deciding between a BMW GSA or a GTL for my next bike.
    I sold my LT to get my kid a dependable vehicle for college a while back...

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 7, 2021
    central indiana
    My God! I thought you were going to say "a windshield"

Mounty09

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 12, 2010
    Noblesville
    I have a street legal XR650R. I have had it for about 11 years now. The first year I had it I was riding to back and fourth from Warsaw to Huntington for a summer internship I had. Man that seat is hard. I have done a few enduros for fun on it, taken it to the Badlands and Haspin a few times. A couple of years ago I took it down to Ashville NC area and road a bunch of forest service roads. It doesn't get ridden much anymore but I can't bring myself to sell it. I always loved the way they look with the bug eyed headlights they ran for baja. A few years ago I fabricated some mounts to fit Jeep headlights.
    20190605_184054.jpg
    208455_574042235940863_435235142_n.jpg
    10325386_775988432412908_3400953805211973689_n.jpg

Indyhd

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 12, 2010
    Noblesville
    I'm having a REALLY tough time deciding between a BMW GSA or a GTL for my next bike.
    I sold my LT to get my kid a dependable vehicle for college a while back...
    I had a 2017 GSA 1250. REALLY sorry I sold it...
    Set up with panniers, top case, off road lights, windshield, cruise, GPS, and yes, I am a dumbass.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    I'll be interested to see how well this works out over time. I have one of those cheapie clamps that hook to the throttle and friction fit against the brake lever. I've used it enough to know it works, but really don't take it out from under the seat at all.

I tried one of those and hated it.

Atlas Throttle Locks installed on 2 bikes. Both my wife and I ride with Atlas. Great unit, quality construction, works. Nothing is as good as real cruise control, but if your bike doesn't come with cruise, or can't be fitted with cruise, then the Atlas is the way to go.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    I tried one of those and hated it.

Atlas Throttle Locks installed on 2 bikes. Both my wife and I ride with Atlas. Great unit, quality construction, works. Nothing is as good as real cruise control, but if your bike doesn't come with cruise, or can't be fitted with cruise, then the Atlas is the way to go.

I didn't dislike mine, just found that I never really used it much. I tend to ride fast and seem to have very few streches of time with no throttle work.

I do appreciate the occasional right hand relaxing. Just don't seem to need it much more than when letting the bike back off?

I still keep the clamp under the seat in case of a long ride hand issue. Just haven't really had them much.

Might be because its rare for me to ride for more than 3-4 hour stints, without a stop?

Top Bottom