Adaptive Consulting & Training Defensive Pistol 102(c)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • obijohn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 24, 2008
    Terre Haute
    On 06DEC08, ACT will present Defensive Pistol 102(c). This is an intermediate class a bit beyond the basic class and will deal with cold weather issues relating to the defensive use of the pistol. Many of us train in pleasant weather and maybe never even think about how we will deal with the cold, or rain/snow. While the cold allows us to wear a huge coat and conceal even bigger, or more, gear, it also presents issues that need to be addressed. That will be the intent of this class.

John Viray, obijohn, will be the lead instructor assisted by Joseph Viray, rhino.

Our medical director, Tom Hildebrand, will also give a short presentation on cold weather health concerns.

the class will be held at the Riley Conservation Club, near Terre Haute. Interested parties can PM Rhino or Obijohn or email us at:

joseph@adaptiveconsultingandtraining.com

john@adaptiveconsultingandtraining.com

obijohn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 24, 2008
    Terre Haute
    just wanted to add that due to the material we'll cover that proof of legal residency and clean criminal record will be required. photo copy of your ltch will do nicely.

and we'll be serving lunch. the traditional hotdog/chips/cookie.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Do you have to have taken your Defensive Pistol 101 to participate?

No, but there is a base-level of competency that is strongly recommended. The class will not place primary emphasis on basic marksmanship skills unless students demonstrate significant problems. A student should be able to draw from the holster, present, and fire their gun safely and efficiently. He should be able to perform on demand other basic gun handling skills and manipulations such as reloading.

The drills conducted in class will include concepts such as movement, threat scans, multiple target engagement.

If you (or anyone else) is in doubt, contact us and we can discuss your concerns with you.

Steve MI

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2008
    yes will there be debrief and cocktails at brads brasspole after..........Oh wait sheriff kEN SAYS IM NOT ALLOWED THERE ANYMORE EITHER

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    humm i might be there

It would be great to have you join us, Steve! Of course, you might get tired of me asking, "So, Steve . . . what do YOU think?" :D

Our standard schedule is to convene at 0830 for administrative details, then start the class at 0900. At some point around noon, we'll break briefly for lunch, then resume until 1600 - 1700, depending on the class. If we intend to deviate from that substantially, we'll let those who are registered know.

obijohn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 24, 2008
    Terre Haute
    Whats the round count. I don't care how much we shoot or don't shoot. Just want to prepare.

should be 350 to 400. i usually take double what i think i'll need. the smaller the class, the more we'll have the opportunity to shoot. round count may be a bit less as we hope to spend little time on marksmanship issues and more on the drills that will help illustrate the cold weather issues.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    If you can't hear me, I'll have to communicate nonverbally. The only dialect of sign language I know requires me to be buck nekkid. Might want to rethink the double plugging! :D

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    If you can't hear me, I'll have to communicate nonverbally. The only dialect of sign language I know requires me to be buck nekkid. Might want to rethink the double plugging! :D

The eyes in my brain couldn't close quick enough. The humanity!

How bout a little warning before the next mental flashbang:n00b:

Top Bottom