• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • IUKalash429

Bullet Hose
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Apr 6, 2019
    Rum Ham
    Atlantic has long been a solid retailer for fans of the AK, even if its prices (especially for firearms) tend to be on the high side - as a frequent buyer I do believe the extra QC is worth the premium.

I recently picked up one of Atlantic's gun show AK packages - 30 surplus mags, 10 three-cell surplus pouches, 10 surplus cleaning kits, 10 surplus oilers, and 10 surplus slings. Not planning on reselling any of these, as I am more of a crusty combloc hoarder collector than anything else. The mags are pretty much as expected - ranging from decent grade 2 offerings to what I imagine the inside of a Great Lakes iron ore cargo ship looks like. However, they all function and will do the job. This fits Atlantic's description of these packages. What does not fit was the fact seven of my slings were broken beyond repair and thus unusable. This was especially unfortunate, because one is/was an Egyptian Maadi sling and the other was a Russian naval sling.

I let Atlantic know I was kind of bummed out, but didn't ask for anything ... just wanted to give the crew a heads-up. Without so much as a follow-up question, they shipped me seven functional surplus slings on their dime. At the end of the day it probably isn't a big deal to them, but I really appreciate the follow through of Atlantic and for standing by its offerings. They definitely earn their favorable reputation in the AK community.

IUKalash429

Bullet Hose
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Apr 6, 2019
    Rum Ham
    They seem to do a pretty good job although they could have warned me about the polish rifles that were released last night and were all gone this morning...

I've had that happen a few times as well - by the time I get the back-in-stock email notification and click over, everything is OOS. Also, once anything hits Reddit it is game over for anyone who doesn't live in their mom's basement.

FWIW I switched over to ProtonMail from Gmail for my "junk" personal account. The notifications seems to hit my ProtonMail inbox much faster. It's how I snagged one of these Atlantic mag packs before they sold out.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    They seem to do a pretty good job although they could have warned me about the polish rifles that were released last night and were all gone this morning...
    Not that I had a itch to scratch about those rifle particularly but there has been a few occasions where a quick sell out has saved me from an impulsive buy I’d probably have to do some quick talking to avoid the wife’s wrath.

Top Bottom