• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    When I took my first airplane ride most of the men were wearing suit jackets, the women - dresses. Flying was an event. The theater, a supper club, a real "date"...does anyone do these things anymore? Times have changed, there does not seem to a difference between "public" behavior and "private" behavior anymore.

In truth, we don't get to control how the unwashed masses act, we can only hope to plot a course to higher ground for ourselves.

Ok, there are some kids on my lawn I have the shoo away now...

WOW! You're a LOT older than we thought!!!!:laugh:

Uh to be fair, I remember those days too!:n00b:

longbow

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    south central IN
    Yeah, I know its Longhorn, but that was what the majority wanted to go to. As for foam jammers they are for sale in England and they will ship them. I've been to some places they had jammers in operation for no pictures or other issues. they would ping you to make sure your cell phone was left in the car.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    When I took my first airplane ride most of the men were wearing suit jackets, the women - dresses. Flying was an event. The theater, a supper club, a real "date"...does anyone do these things anymore? Times have changed, there does not seem to a difference between "public" behavior and "private" behavior anymore.

In truth, we don't get to control how the unwashed masses act, we can only hope to plot a course to higher ground for ourselves.

Ok, there are some kids on my lawn I have the shoo away now...

I'm old enough to remember that too but my family never had enough money to fly. We took buses sometimes though and back then, you didn't have to worry about getting robbed, killed, and molested by going to the bus stations.

It's too bad that becoming less formal (dressing for going out, getting on an airplane, or even going to shop) seemingly has necessitated general slouching of behaviors as well.

spec4

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 19, 2010
    NWI
    We've been to Longhorn in Hobart several times. I think the food is fine and reasonable priced. Don't pay much attention to other diners but think it's tacky to dine with your hat on, worse if you have it on backwards. Usually when I see pajamas, younger women are wearing them. Wonder if they slept in them and just didn't bother to get dressed before heading out.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    It annoys me when I go out and people wanna make a huge public display that they pray before a meal. It annoys me when people don't mind their own business and watch me eat. It annoys me when there is a whole restaurant full of empty booths and then they sit people right on top of me. It annoys me when people go to a Longhorns and think that's a "fancy restaurant". We go there all the time and I wear my jeans. Never pajamas though. And if I found out someone was ****ing with my cell phone signal they'd be eating a knuckle sandwich

Proud to be a member of the "I annoy trigger time club"

CHCRandy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 16, 2013
    Hendricks County
    I have never owned a suit in my life. Never wore a suit either......and never will. Very rarely do I wear blue jeans. Everywhere I go is in shorts or my camo pants/sweat pants.....and almost always my company T shirt. I save jeans for funerals and church.

My biggest pet peeve is guys in sandals..........ESPECIALLY at dinner. Flip flops were made for girls.........

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    Your "multi frequency device" will earn you an unpleasant visit from the FCC if they catch you, but catching one of those would be a trick. Last I looked, there were ones available on ebay, but you shouldn't be surprised if customs forgets to forward it to you.

Woobie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2014
    Losantville
    Whether in dress (such as blue jeans at funerals, pajamas at restaraunts, etc.) or actions (catfights at Walmart, for example) or verbal (crude talk or foul language at inappropriate times, and so forth), America has, for the most part, become a crude place. Most people don't even have the slightest clue about where the line between appropriate and inappropriate lies. Decorum is dead.

olhorseman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 11, 2013
    Middle of nowhere NC
    I'm old enough to remember that too but my family never had enough money to fly. We took buses sometimes though and back then, you didn't have to worry about getting robbed, killed, and molested by going to the bus stations.

It's too bad that becoming less formal (dressing for going out, getting on an airplane, or even going to shop) seemingly has necessitated general slouching of behaviors as well.
    Wow, you had enough money to to take buses. I always used the old thumb (for hitchhiking, for hitchhiking!)

308jake

Master
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Feb 5, 2010
    Brownsburg
    Was the group on their cell phones being over loud and disruptive? If not, wtf is it to you? You were annoyed because they weren't enjoying their evening in the manner you thought they should be enjoying their evening?

Who cares if someone else isn't up to your dress code? Unless they are filthy or stink, wtf is it to you?

Enjoy your meal and company. Don't worry about what other people are doing. You don't have to "put up" with it, you just chose to make an issue of it.

somebody rep him for me....

SMiller

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 15, 2009
    Hamilton Co.
    I have never owned a suit in my life. Never wore a suit either......and never will. Very rarely do I wear blue jeans. Everywhere I go is in shorts or my camo pants/sweat pants.....and almost always my company T shirt. I save jeans for funerals and church.

My biggest pet peeve is guys in sandals..........ESPECIALLY at dinner. Flip flops were made for girls.........

Said the guy wearing sweat pants...

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    In the mid 80's Mike Ditka had his name on some resturants. Serious money for dinner, valet parking, etc. Got inside the place and there were 10 TV screens and the guy next to me was in a stained athletic tank top, gym shorts and old sneakers with no socks. Dropping $100 for a couple meals in the 80's was pretty salty, especially if all they gave you was a sports bar.

The Chicago Firemans ball was a tuxedo and arm candy affair, with a long line of limo's dropping off the upper crust. Due to government contracts, I was "invited" to attend and make a minimum donation, which was sizable. I rented a Tux and was not over dressed. Then I moved to Indiana and was invited to a firemans dance in Indiana. I wore a nice suit, and was WAY over dressed. I was the only one in a suit, and one of only a few wearing slacks. Jeans and shorts were the order of the day. Big contrast, I wish I would have known ahead of time.

I have pictures at a trap club where the men wore suits with vests and fedora hats shooting trap (and drank bourbon out of empty shotshell hulls). Different times.

It has become difficult to guess what level of dress is appropriate at a given place. Especially when I am out of town, I try to call the place and talk to a hostess to see if a suit, dockers and arrow shirts or last weeks dirty gym clothes are the standard.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom