• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • spencer rifle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Apr 15, 2011
    Scrounging brass
    Thought we had a good spot at Chain O Lakes- in the oaks near a field and two lakes, on a hill with good views all around, lots of rubs and deer trails, fresh scrapes, saw deer there last week when setting up the tree stand. Turns out, no. Saw nothing in range either day.

ed1838

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 20, 2022
    Seymour
    Yesterday driving home after shooting light saw 4 in field next to woods I was in. Today saw 2 just before sunrise and 1 more at 8:30 then nothing.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    Sssssllllooooowwwwww day in thte woods today. Sat a total of 7.5 hours today and saw one doe (or button), for 2 seconds, through the woods.

gunrunner0

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Goshen
    What caliber and bullet?
    .350 Legend. Winchester Deer Season XP 150 Grain out of a Shaw 18" barreled AR. Broadside, with a slight quarter away at about 75 yards.

Hit a little farther forward than I would have liked. But that's on me and not the gun. Took out his left shoulder and got a piece of both lungs (one was obliterated).

He ran about 150 yards, mostly downhill in picked corn before collapsing.

yetti462

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 18, 2016
    Unglaciated heaven
    Sssssllllooooowwwwww day in thte woods today. Sat a total of 7.5 hours today and saw one doe (or button), for 2 seconds, through the woods.
    I experienced the same, 4 of my buddies hunting yesterday reported the same activity. I did video a bobcat 15 yds away, a season would be nice on those bastages. He was the 5th I've seen this week .

jagee

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 19, 2013
    New Palestine
    Saw a nice 8(?) Pointer cross the road a hundred yards or so in front of me and run through the field all by himself. I was in the truck on the way to work.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    I experienced the same, 4 of my buddies hunting yesterday reported the same activity. I did video a bobcat 15 yds away, a season would be nice on those bastages. He was the 5th I've seen this week .
    We’ve seen them in two occasions from the stand and we get pics regularly. Momma kitty dropped a litter here this spring. I’m looking forward to a season as well.

cg21

Master
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    May 5, 2012
    Big day tomorrow. Not many pics coming in but I am thinking my cameras just aren’t in great spots this year but do not want to go out there now to change them. As of right now fingers crossed the weatherman is right and we keep the S/SW WINDS perfect for my blind I got set up. We will be out for an evening sit not the best for my property but I don’t want to try and do a wheelchair and crap in the dark…

Hoping something walks out in front of my dad (68 will be his first deer ever) he tried last year and was unsuccessful. But after all the health stuff that has happened this year I am really REALLY hoping luck changes. And I hope his defibrillator is working properly when buck fever comes.

we will be out with the 350 legend. I compared it to the 243 side by side…. Recoil is nearly the same but the glass on the 243 is garbage compared to the vortex and his eye sight isn’t great. I really wanted him to use the 243 since that is what I got my first deer with but I needed to make the logical decision not sentimental…. And was too close to season to be out blasting rounds switching glass.

then during the week if not many people are on public I will take the kids for some spot and stalk.

goodluck to all you gun hunters tomorrow, and stay safe!

spencer rifle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Apr 15, 2011
    Scrounging brass
    Going out with the .308 Ruger American that's taken 4 deer previously. Wanted to use the Howa this year, but I think my can is on recall. Still have the Tikka T3X Lite stainless to share when the youngest comes home from Maryland this weekend, and he already has his deer bundle.
    Sight in a few years ago of the American - 4 shots, 100 yards.
    IMG_8202 small.jpg

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Sounds busy to the west of me, a few different rifles being shot maybe to check sighting. Saw a nice buck cross the driveway when I went to get the mail.

Top Bottom