• ...and so much more!
  • El Conquistador

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Jan 28, 2019
    far from here
    Saw a doe with a fawn still tagging along this morning. Hunted till 11am. Got in a set this afternoon that I had a nice shooter Buck come by me the other day. I hope he shows back up and at least gives me a shot.

Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    4, 7 and 8 pt seen ( 8 was maybe 110").
    7 pt pushing a doe. Saw 7 other antlerless, all by 9:30.
    Been avg less than 4 hrs sleep each day last three days and messed up an ankle.
    Hell yeah I'll be out tomorrow!
    One thing, I was moving so slow w bum ankle in the dark I didn't overheat w my cold weather stuff on LOL

Michigan Slim

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2014
    Fort Wayne
    Sat this morning for a few hours. I saw more squirrels than I ever thought possible but no deer.
    Got the blinds ready for next weekend. I put bird feeders on them and suet cages. Keeps you busy watching birds all day.

trimman83

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 22, 2010
    Warren Park
    I've been on 5 hunts so far. Each time I have had bucks within range of 20 yards or less, offering good shots. Their size/age just hasn't impressed me yet. I know I've got better deer in each spot and I enjoy the hunt more with an un-filled buck tag, for now. I can't complain. I've really enjoyed the time out in the woods this season. I have surgery around mid-December that they wanted to schedule for 10/26. I put them off for a bit. "Prior Family Obligations" I told them. It will lay me up for 8 weeks. I didn't need that in deer season. Good luck to everyone, and mostly be safe.

Flingarrows

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 9, 2019
    Greenwood
    Heading to Golconda, IL tomorrow for the annual trip. I’ve been going with the same group of guys for 27 years now.

Out of state permits are $$$. I can’t swing both bow and gun, so I get the gun permit.

So I will be scouting and camera hunting until Friday morning.

Good hunting to you all!

KJQ6945

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    Texas
    Kind of a funny story for you deer hunters.

I’ve never killed a deer, just never really been my thing. It’s on my bucket list though.

Thursday, my next door neighbor shot a nice 9point. Two bucks were fighting, and he ended up shooting the little one by mistake. Still a nice legal deer. There is a width limitation here in Texas, (legal).

So Friday, the weather sucked. Cold, windy, and rainy. I’m hanging out in my shop cleaning some guns. It’s a metal building, and to get WiFi from the house, I have to set my phone in the window.

While checking INGO, at the window, here comes the big boy walking down the trail from the woods. Sitting behind me is my Remington 700 PSS with a 6-24 Vortex Viper PST.

I watched him through the scope from 260 yards to 70 yards where he jumped the fence into a “no shoot” area. (That Neighbor won’t allow hunting, or even tracking)

I was texting my deer hunting neighbor the whole time. It was in his back yard.

Afterwards, he was like, why didn’t you shoot him?

firecadet613

Master
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   1
    Dec 24, 2012
    158ba1d6cff275df31de8ecfc8269c07.jpg

tcecil88

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 18, 2013
    @ the corner of IN, KY & OH.
    Looks like the Ft. Ben archery hunt I went on several years ago. Sun came up and there was a dude in a tree less than 50 yards facing me. He had to be there when I went up my tree and he never said a word. I stayed for about an hour and after seeing a ton of hunters walking around, I got down, went to Camp Atterbury and killed a deer. I have never been back to a reduction hunt and I probably never will.

w_ADAM_d88

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Apr 10, 2009
    Greenfield
    I leave Friday morning for my annual trip for VA, this year happens to be season opener of firearms season for VA. Can't wait! 4 straight days in the woods!

Top Bottom