• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Went to the northwest corner gate of my ground this morning to find the cable cut and the no trespassing sign removed, gate open. Followed vehicle tracks to a point there a bonfire had been, surround by the detritus of someones recent hunt. Food wrappers, cans, and deer scent wrappers gave me an idea what I was dealing with. Cleaned up the mess and put a new, heavier cable on the gate, a new sign and a more liberal coating of the surrounding trees with purple paint.

I understand the posts on hunting sites I read, where people say landowners don't let people hunt. Things like this don't help.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    Went to the northwest corner gate of my ground this morning to find the cable cut and the no trespassing sign removed, gate open. Followed vehicle tracks to a point there a bonfire had been, surround by the detritus of someones recent hunt. Food wrappers, cans, and deer scent wrappers gave me an idea what I was dealing with. Cleaned up the mess and put a new, heavier cable on the gate, a new sign and a more liberal coating of the surrounding trees with purple paint.

I understand the posts on hunting sites I read, where people say landowners don't let people hunt. Things like this don't help.
    That's infuriating

jwamplerusa

High drag, low speed...
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 21, 2018
    Boone County

People suck.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    Great sit this morning. Had one we believe to be shooter come in 45 minutes after shooting light. He stopped behind a group of trees then vanished. We assume he walked up the hill directly away from us.

Had another young 10 come down the same path 45 minutes later and we’ve had ten does in and around us this morning.

Still pre rut by all indications here. Two of the does were alone and the rest were in two groups. Unfortunately the weather is looking rough Mon-Wed.

Michigan Slim

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2014
    Fort Wayne
    On the way home today, my daughter saw a big buck next to the cell tower on 24 and 69. I pulled over to look. He got up but his front legs were gimped up bad and he laid back down. I started to call the state police when a City cop pulled up and waved me on. Hope he didn't have to shoot more than once.

jagee

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 19, 2013
    New Palestine
    Supposed to get windy today. I took the day off and am sitting in the ground blind. Hope to at least see something. Been pretty boring the past 3 sits.

tcecil88

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 18, 2013
    @ the corner of IN, KY & OH.
    I sat in a new ladder stand yesterday morning after moving it and got picked off by a nice buck from about 75 yards away. I guess I should have let it sit till gun season to sit in it. I hunted this morning and saw 2 deer before 7:30 and all was quite after that.

spencer rifle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    68   0   0
    Apr 15, 2011
    Scrounging brass
    Set up a stand in Chain O Lakes yesterday afternoon for the early hunt. Lots of rubs, and just after sunset several deer ran by downhill. Maybe we won't get skunked like 2017.

Top Bottom