• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DragonGunner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    N. Central IN
    Well I got a really nice older buck with crossbow last year, maybe 4 1/2 Then guy who hunts next to me got HUGE trophy buck. Great year and all I had that year of 2021 was small bucks and does....but the does brought the big guys in when it counted. So 2 weeks out trail cam been out and just checked....lots of does and fawns despite 3 fawns dead on road in area early summer. Well last year saw a small 8 pt. several times even during gun season....well looks like he might of made it, if so would be a 3 1/2 yr old and got a picture of this from Sat !!! Well at least I now know what to hold out for now. But in the past decades I have seen nicer bucks even bigger on my cams and all through hunting season never once see them.....then end up shooting a nice buck that had never once showed up on the cam. Never know, these big guys during rut can travel many miles. fullsizeoutput_768.jpeg

Last edited:

two70

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Feb 5, 2016
    Johnson
    I pulled the cards on my cameras for the first time in more than a month earlier this week and this was the best buck I had on my farm so far. I'm tempted to call him Fool's Gold, I've been getting photos of him for the past 3-4 years and he always disappears before the end of October and doesn't reappear until the following summer. I'm not sure exactly how old he is, probably in the 6-7 year old range, but this is easily his best rack and is significantly bigger than last year.
    I_00496b (1).jpg

model1994

quick draw mcgraw
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 17, 2022
    glacial boundary
    poor photo but this is the first example of turkeys being on our property. previous owners said they have never seen turkeys around here. since repositioning this camera, there have been 3 hens and 1 poult hanging around. i haven't pulled any more cameras as they are near them every morning and evening now. super exciting for me lol

Attachments

• STC_0130~2.JPG
      STC_0130~2.JPG
      666.8 KB · Views: 10

DragonGunner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    N. Central IN
    Same buck as opening post only 2 weeks later! He growing 1” every 4 days. Most likely out of velvet now? Picture was 9-2, he ain’t wide but man he’s tall. He is now a good 9pt with some stickers at bases. EA7BECCC-37D6-4FCD-9091-4FF6AF50E6EC.jpeg

model1994

quick draw mcgraw
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 17, 2022
    glacial boundary
    update. no bucks. couple does, cute fawn, and a growing turkey group. they're all hanging around our place most days and I haven't even started managing the land yet! also it looks like i'll be making a coon hat this winter. they're no bueno for the turkeys or our chickens

Attachments

• STC_1759.JPG
      STC_1759.JPG
      661.3 KB · Views: 6
    • STC_2650.JPG
      STC_2650.JPG
      634 KB · Views: 5
    • STC_3050.JPG
      STC_3050.JPG
      685.6 KB · Views: 6
    • STC_1341.JPG
      STC_1341.JPG