KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Are the next dates posted for the 2nd hearing of Bill 1077?
    2nd reading on the House Floor is Monday. IIRC that's when everybody can try to throw in amendments. It goes through that process, then the third reading is where the House votes on the bill (with or without amendments.) Passes the House? Then referred to the Senate, first reading, referred to committee, second verse same as the first.

Bollorollo

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 18, 2011
    Indiana
    2nd reading on the House Floor is Monday. IIRC that's when everybody can try to throw in amendments. It goes through that process, then the third reading is where the House votes on the bill (with or without amendments.) Passes the House? Then referred to the Senate, first reading, referred to committee, second verse same as the first.
    Excellent! I'll keep a eye open here for the times and try to be there again..

KellyinAvon

Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Are the next dates posted for the 2nd hearing of Bill 1077?
    Excellent! I'll keep a eye open here for the times and try to be there again..
    Keep an eye out for Senate Bill 14 (same bill, but applies to 21 and over) to pop in the Senate Judiciary Committee. It'll be going the opposite direction as HB 1077.

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    I see the issue, that's a link to the 2021 session (didn't get a hearing, John Weber from NRA helped the author see the light.) IIRC that was a crony-capitalism bill that also came up in 2020 (I testified in opposition, I HATE crony-capitalism.)

If the requirements in that bill were any more specific, the training team would include a retired USAF SMSgt with a distinguished grey beard who lives between Brownsburg and Plainfield.

The Rep who wrote it's name escapes me, didn't care for him.
    Thank you much for the correction. Not quite sure how I did that. Now I'm going to have to over the bill list again to see what interests/concerns me. :ugh:

KellyinAvon

Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    You did very well in this. Do they have public comments before voting in the house, or did we miss our shot at that?
    Thank you. The hearing is the only place you have the public comments/testimony. Don’t worry there will be more bills.

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    Thank you. The hearing is the only place you have the public comments/testimony. Don’t worry there will be more bills.
    And this one, or the Senate version of it, or both, may come up for testimony on the Senate side, too.

I say "may" because Sen Bray was part of killing it last year and he is still Pres. Pro Tempore of the Senate.

If he does it again, he needs primaried. (IMHO, he already needs primaried for last year, but this would be the elephant on the camel's back.

Blessings,
    Bill

KellyinAvon

Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    And this one, or the Senate version of it, or both, may come up for testimony on the Senate side, too.

I say "may" because Sen Bray was part of killing it last year and he is still Pres. Pro Tempore of the Senate.

If he does it again, he needs primaried. (IMHO, he already needs primaried for last year, but this would be the elephant on the camel's back.

Blessings,
    Bill
    With Judiciary Chair Liz Brown as a co-author on the Senate version (SB 14) I can't imagine one not getting a hearing in the Senate. All politics are political (I like that better than Tip O'Neil's line) so we can never be certain, but come on!

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    With Judiciary Chair Liz Brown as a co-author on the Senate version (SB 14) I can't imagine one not getting a hearing in the Senate. All politics are political (I like that better than Tip O'Neil's line) so we can never be certain, but come on!
    I thought about that, Kelly, but after last year, the fact that she is a co-author is the only reason I didn't name her, too, and I don't trust him as far as I could throw Lucas Oil Stadium. And I ain't talkin' about a scale model.

Blessings,
    Bill

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    maxresdefault.jpg

KellyinAvon

Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    From David Conte at NRA-ILA (AKA my NRA-ILA POC)

KellyinAvon--

Last Wednesday, the House Public Policy Committee voted 9-3 to advance House Bill 1077, the lawful carry bill. It will now go to the full House for further consideration. Please contact your state representative and ask them to SUPPORT HB 1077.

House Bill 1077 allows any law-abiding adult who is legally eligible to obtain a carry permit, to carry a handgun without first having to obtain government permission. This ensures that citizens have their right to self-defense without government red tape or delays. It does not affect previously issued carry permits, and allows citizens who still wish to obtain a permit in order to carry in other states recognizing Indiana permits, to do so.

NRA would like to thank bill sponsors Rep. Ben Smaltz and Rep. Matt Lehman, as well as Rep. Jim Lucas, for their continued efforts to advance Second Amendment rights in Indiana. Again, please contact your state representative and ask them to SUPPORT HB 1077.

In Liberty,

David Conte
    Grassroots Field Coordinator
    NRA-ILA Grassroots Programs & Campaign Field Operations
    703-708-4664 | david@nrailafrontlines.com
    http://www.nrailafrontlines.com/

Cavman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 2, 2009
    From David Conte at NRA-ILA (AKA my NRA-ILA POC)

KellyinAvon--

Last Wednesday, the House Public Policy Committee voted 9-3 to advance House Bill 1077, the lawful carry bill. It will now go to the full House for further consideration. Please contact your state representative and ask them to SUPPORT HB 1077.

House Bill 1077 allows any law-abiding adult who is legally eligible to obtain a carry permit, to carry a handgun without first having to obtain government permission. This ensures that citizens have their right to self-defense without government red tape or delays. It does not affect previously issued carry permits, and allows citizens who still wish to obtain a permit in order to carry in other states recognizing Indiana permits, to do so.

NRA would like to thank bill sponsors Rep. Ben Smaltz and Rep. Matt Lehman, as well as Rep. Jim Lucas, for their continued efforts to advance Second Amendment rights in Indiana. Again, please contact your state representative and ask them to SUPPORT HB 1077.

In Liberty,

David Conte
    Grassroots Field Coordinator
    NRA-ILA Grassroots Programs & Campaign Field Operations
    703-708-4664 | david@nrailafrontlines.com
    http://www.nrailafrontlines.com/
    So this bill is anyone 18 and over correct?

KellyinAvon

Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    HB 1077 made it through second reading with one amendment (quick look: I think it clarified if unlawfully carrying a firearm if charged as a felony/there are aggravating circumstances for this level.)

On 3rd reading, vote? Coming soon!

OkieGirl

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2012
    iti anunka (In the trees)
    Today, Tuesday January 11th 2022, is supposed to be the deadline for filing House bills, no later than 2:00pm. Are there any anticipated 'last minute' filings we should be watching out for?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom