KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Crap; I misread your original post. I had a meeting this morning, but might still have been able to make it.
    It was 4-0 on testifying in support with no opposition. Speaking to a laptop with the camera in selfie mode sucks.

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    It was 4-0 on testifying in support with no opposition. Speaking to a laptop with the camera in selfie mode sucks.
    If it is all done via computer anyway, why can't they open up the hearing to remote contributors? Why make people come to the building, when Zoom exists?

Bollorollo

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 18, 2011
    Indiana
    With Indiana being staunchly Republican why would MDA get any special treatment or even the time of day?
    Do to the few democrats who are in office letting them in to speak out against any of the bills. I could be wrong and hope so but it seems like they play by their own rules while the rest of us have to follow the ones set forth for us..

KellyinAvon

Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    I've tried to make it today. Doctor's appointment messed things up for the day. Hopefully you all will see me at the next hearing..
    Do what ya gotta do Bollorollo. I'll be glad when we can pack a hearing room again.

KellyinAvon

Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    If it is all done via computer anyway, why can't they open up the hearing to remote contributors? Why make people come to the building, when Zoom exists?
    Zoom is so 21st century. The Statehouse? Definitely 19th.

KellyinAvon

Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon

jwamplerusa

High drag, low speed...
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 21, 2018
    Boone County
    SB 64 (Handgun Training for Teachers with croney capitalism carve out/ridiculously specific in who can do the training) sneaked by me and is up this PM in the Senate Ed committee. If it makes it to the House I'll do my best to get there to oppose it. Two days out in the first week of the month is a no-go for me.

KellyinAvon, I can't attend, but is there someone that I can write to specifically?

Can the bill be amended to remove the objectionable " special" training requirement?

KellyinAvon

Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    KellyinAvon, I can't attend, but is there someone that I can write to specifically?

Can the bill be amended to remove the objectionable " special" training requirement?
    Your state senator, and the Rs on the committee would be a good start. I think Aaron Freeman is on that committee, he is definitely a friend of the 2A.

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    SB 64 (Handgun Training for Teachers with croney capitalism carve out/ridiculously specific in who can do the training) sneaked by me and is up this PM in the Senate Ed committee. If it makes it to the House I'll do my best to get there to oppose it. Two days out in the first week of the month is a no-go for me.

I just went and read the whole thing, it's horrible, you're right.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI

DIGEST​

School safety. Provides that, before an employee or any other staff member of a school corporation, charter school, or nonpublic school may carry a firearm in or on school property as authorized by a school board of the school corporation, charter school, or nonpublic school, the employee or staff member shall do the following: (1) Successfully complete certain specialized weapons training or other firearm training. (2) Provide proof to the school board that the employee or staff member has successfully completed the training. (3) Complete the Minnesota multiphasic personality inventory 2 (MMPI-II) and provide the results from the inventory to the school board of the school corporation, charter school, or nonpublic school. Establishes requirements for specialized weapons training. Requires an employee or any other staff member of a school corporation, charter school, or nonpublic school to successfully complete 16 hours of weapons training each year that the employee or staff member is authorized and intends to carry a firearm in or on school property. Provides that the specialized weapons training must be provided by a person or entity approved by the school board of the school corporation, charter school, or nonpublic school. Allows a school to barricade or block a door during an active shooter drill or during an active shooter emergency occurring in a school building. Provides that the Indiana secured school fund may be used to employ a law enforcement officer who has completed at least 40 hours of certified school resource officer training. Provides that, after June 30, 2021, a law enforcement officer or a school security officer who is not considered a school resource officer must complete 40 hours of certified school resource officer training. Resolves substantive conflicts between P.L 197-2019, P.L.50-2019, and P.L.153-2019.

The Minnesota Multiphasic Personality Inventory-2 (MMPI-2), a revision of the original MMPI (1943) was published by the University of Minnesota Press in 1989 and revised in 2001. Updates were introduced in 2003 (The Restructured Clinical [RC] Scales) and 2006 (The Symptom Validity [FBS] Scale) documented in a test monograph in 2009. The MMPI-2 is a self–report instrument designed to aid in the assessment of a wide range of clinical conditions. It is used in nonclinical settings to assess persons who are candidates for high-risk public safety positions (police officers, nuclear power plant personnel, firefighters, pilots, and air-traffic controllers), and in criminal and civil forensic settings. The MMPI-2, like all MMPI instruments, is available for purchase from Pearson Assessments.​

HKFaninCarmel

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 7, 2019
    Carmel

DIGEST​

School safety. Provides that, before an employee or any other staff member of a school corporation, charter school, or nonpublic school may carry a firearm in or on school property as authorized by a school board of the school corporation, charter school, or nonpublic school, the employee or staff member shall do the following: (1) Successfully complete certain specialized weapons training or other firearm training. (2) Provide proof to the school board that the employee or staff member has successfully completed the training. (3) Complete the Minnesota multiphasic personality inventory 2 (MMPI-II) and provide the results from the inventory to the school board of the school corporation, charter school, or nonpublic school. Establishes requirements for specialized weapons training. Requires an employee or any other staff member of a school corporation, charter school, or nonpublic school to successfully complete 16 hours of weapons training each year that the employee or staff member is authorized and intends to carry a firearm in or on school property. Provides that the specialized weapons training must be provided by a person or entity approved by the school board of the school corporation, charter school, or nonpublic school. Allows a school to barricade or block a door during an active shooter drill or during an active shooter emergency occurring in a school building. Provides that the Indiana secured school fund may be used to employ a law enforcement officer who has completed at least 40 hours of certified school resource officer training. Provides that, after June 30, 2021, a law enforcement officer or a school security officer who is not considered a school resource officer must complete 40 hours of certified school resource officer training. Resolves substantive conflicts between P.L 197-2019, P.L.50-2019, and P.L.153-2019.

The Minnesota Multiphasic Personality Inventory-2 (MMPI-2), a revision of the original MMPI (1943) was published by the University of Minnesota Press in 1989 and revised in 2001. Updates were introduced in 2003 (The Restructured Clinical [RC] Scales) and 2006 (The Symptom Validity [FBS] Scale) documented in a test monograph in 2009. The MMPI-2 is a self–report instrument designed to aid in the assessment of a wide range of clinical conditions. It is used in nonclinical settings to assess persons who are candidates for high-risk public safety positions (police officers, nuclear power plant personnel, firefighters, pilots, and air-traffic controllers), and in criminal and civil forensic settings. The MMPI-2, like all MMPI instruments, is available for purchase from Pearson Assessments.​

I had to take this every 5 years when I worked in nuke power. It's 500 questions that ask the same 40 things over and over to see how you vary and if you are nutty.

KellyinAvon

Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    I just went and read the whole thing, it's horrible, you're right.
    If it makes it over to a committee on the house side I plan to be there. I dusted off my notes from last year when I testified against it. Senator Freeman in the committee all but called it crony capitalism. It did not have a vote Wednesday, so I don’t know if there’s more to come with it or what.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom