• mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    Good luck John! The farm where the two were shot last night has cows calving now. The back of the property borders the Little Kankakee and is about 100 acres of swamp land that is just FULL of coyotes. Ridiculous how many we are seeing on the cameras there. Hubby shot two between 10 and 12:30 and then came home. There were several more on the cameras after he left. We retrieved the female this morning but the other one must have ran off into the swamp. It couldn't have gone far based on where he hit it, but it is so thick in there that we just couldn't find it. The buzzards can have it.

This one was on the camera last week. I'm pretty impressed with the pictures these cameras take.

xx7NNLD.jpg

Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Oct 3, 2008
    On a hill in Perry C
    Sorry I didn't report back sooner, got to sleep sometime!
    +3 Got 2 Sunday night in the pasture, didn't even need to call. Just scanned the wood line until they showed up. Went back last night and tried calling, had 3 more come in and got 1. The other 2 hightailed it out of the AO at the shot.
    That farmer put me in contact with a couple of his friends and I'm going to go check their places the next couple of days.

Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    Sorry I didn't report back sooner, got to sleep sometime!
    +3 Got 2 Sunday night in the pasture, didn't even need to call. Just scanned the wood line until they showed up. Went back last night and tried calling, had 3 more come in and got 1. The other 2 hightailed it out of the AO at the shot.
    That farmer put me in contact with a couple of his friends and I'm going to go check their places the next couple of days.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    Not me. Between watching the grand heathens and the weather, I haven't been able to.

The weather has been a factor here too. He drove to LaPorte last night and got set up right before the heavy fog moved in. He stayed out all night and got one this morning so I guess it was worth it. It was the big male he has been trying to get for weeks.

Bradsknives

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 1, 2010
    Greenfield, IN.
    +1

While turkey hunting this female tried to mess up my hunt..... 35 yards, 12ga 3 1/2" #5 Winchester Longbeard XR.

This is what happens when you try and mess up my morning turkey hunt. ;)
    7dLWqmq.jpg

Total - 68

Last edited:

Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    You fawn saver, you. Nicely done. Over 5 has me impressed.

It's funny that you mention that. As we were driving to the spot, we saw a dead fawn in the middle of the road. So, we decided we'd give fawn in distress a try. About 30 seconds of playing, and a doe comes in! She got within 50 yards of the call and we shut it off. Obviously, fawn in distress sounds authentic, but we didn't call what we wanted.

KJQ6945

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    Texas
    Rookie, in a small field next to the wife's work, they have been watching a yote come out everyday and sun herself. Yesterday, she bought out two little pups.

Top Bottom