• mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    I've been surprised at the size differences in some of these animals.

We've noticed the same thing. Some of them look like they could be German Shepherds. Most of the smaller ones that have been shot so far, have been females. The last one he shot was with another larger one but was a male.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    +1 I believe that makes 47

A big male this time.

FEjMqtm.jpg

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    We've noticed the same thing. Some of them look like they could be German Shepherds. Most of the smaller ones that have been shot so far, have been females. The last one he shot was with another larger one but was a male.

Could the have bread with a stray German Shepherd?

MM

bwilbs00

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 27, 2019
    RIchmond
    Cant wait to get a yote with my new AP 6.5 Creedmoor. Need to find a place to go or go out to my deer stand and try calling them in. Never done it before, been looking for someone to show me the ropes here in Wayne County.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    +1 last night makes 53

Hubby got a new Turbo Dogg caller last weekend. It worked great the first time he used it. I think he has it out there again tonight.

Reagan40

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 30, 2013
    too far from nature
    I started baiting the coyotes that killed all my chickens. I’ve been watching on the game camera to see if they are coming at any regular times. So far, all the photos were taken between 11pm and 1am or 4 am and 6am. I put a fresh pile of bait out last evening. I went and sat in my blind from 10pm until 2am. I didn’t see anything, so I went to bed.

I just checked the camera because the bait pile was gone when I got home from work. The Coyotes came around 8:30am when I was in the shower! I feel like I am being watched!

They all have looked nice and healthy, of course I’ve been feeding them quite a bit of old deer meat from my dads freezer. They don’t seem to mind a bit of freezer burn.

Last edited:
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Oct 3, 2008
    On a hill in Perry C
    Possible +1 right behind the house. Went to fill my bird feeders and the yotes were hollering all over the 'hood, and some were real close. Put down my bucket of sunflower seed and picked up an AR. Set a speaker out in the corner of the yard, made a challenge howl. Within 2 minutes one came running. Saw eyes while he was still back in the woods, as soon as I had a clear shot sent a 55 gr Hornady in his direction. Saw him flip up in the air, came down and flopped then took off towards the creek. Found lots of blood, hair, bone chips were I shot him, and a good blood trail going over the cliff. Just had on my slippers so there was no way I was going down the cliff. I need to run to town this morning so when I get home later I'll go see what I can find.

Very shortly after that to went fill the feeders in front, there's 5 does standing in the front yard grazing. Thought I saw one give me a hoof up.;)

Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Oct 3, 2008
    On a hill in Perry C
    Went out back and looked around for a couple of hours this afternoon. Found a little more blood and some other marks. Found good fresh tracks in the mud by the creek that look like they were made by a yote dragging a leg. Did have some crows raising hell way back up the creek off and on quite a bit this evening so I may need to take a little walk tomorrow.
    Don't think I can claim this one as if it's just a leg wound it'll have a chance to recover. So 54 for now.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    Went out back and looked around for a couple of hours this afternoon. Found a little more blood and some other marks. Found good fresh tracks in the mud by the creek that look like they were made by a yote dragging a leg. Did have some crows raising hell way back up the creek off and on quite a bit this evening so I may need to take a little walk tomorrow.
    Don't think I can claim this one as if it's just a leg wound it'll have a chance to recover. So 54 for now.

54+ a leg

Hubby blew the leg off of one last week. That .243 went right through the shoulder and took the leg right off. Dropped her right where he hit her, and she bled out pretty fast I guess. The last couple have been right through the heart. It is amazing how far they can run after being hit like that...the one went at least 50 feet.

Top Bottom