• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • esmith17

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 7, 2010
    Right now its looking like these will be the POTENTIAL changes for 2013. This is NOT set in stone at all, just want to keep our shooters in the loop!

Best 5 of 12 events will be used, with 1 event required at Wildcat, ACC and Hillside, with the remaining 2 events shot at shooters choice of club.

In an effort to best comply with 3 Gun Nation, the 16 Shootoff slots most likely will be awarded to division champions and the rest is filled in with TO... so, 1 Tac Limited, 1 Open, 1 Heavy Metal Limited, 1 Heavy Tactical, and top 12 TO. Shoot Off Equipment is REQUIRED to be Tac Optics. You can compete in what ever division you want all year, but if you make the shoot off you must use Tac optics equipment.

With a quarter of the 2013 season in the books I was just wondering if this had been worked out?

jwfuhrman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 95.5%
    21   1   0
    Sep 26, 2009
    Decatur
    Correct. 16 Shootoff Slots will be the Top Shooter from each division with the rest coming from Tac Optics. Shoot Off Equipment is required to meet Tac Optics Division, no matter the division you shot during the season.

Best 5 of 12 events, 1 event at each location required with the remaining 2 required to be shooters choice.

It is recommended that you shoot as many as you can, as the more points you can earn, the better.

jwfuhrman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 95.5%
    21   1   0
    Sep 26, 2009
    Decatur
    Finals and shoot off are October 13 at Hillside Shooting Sports in Roanoke, IN. Come watch the best 16 of the Series battle it out in a man to man shoot off until only one remains and is crowned Champion!

rabbitdave

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 12, 2008
    Zionsville, IN
    Are you still using the top 1 in all of the division but TO and filling the 16 with TO? Looking at the standing there is just 3 divisions with series shooters (open, TO. TL). Would it make more sense to pick the top two in Open and TL and fill the remaining 12 with TO. Then can anyone come out and shoot at the match or is this just for the 16?

Thanks,

Dave

jwfuhrman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 95.5%
    21   1   0
    Sep 26, 2009
    Decatur
    Honestly I'm not sure on that. It was originally discussed of doing Top shooter from each then remaining from TO but now I have no idea.

Match is open to anyone, shoot off is after the match. I will be making a match announcement Monday.

jwfuhrman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 95.5%
    21   1   0
    Sep 26, 2009
    Decatur
    compose.php

compose.php

Shootoff Update/Structure

Hello all, we are ramping up to our end of season shootoff, this Sunday, October 13[SUP]th[/SUP] at Hillside Shooting Sports.

Based on the number of competitors within each division, this will be the composition of the shootoff:

Open: 1 Shooter
    Tac-Limited: 3 Shooters
    Tac-Optic: 12 Shooters

A preliminary list of shooters in the shootoff, based on the current Series Standings on IndianaMultigun.com. Note that these may change based on the results of the last match (preceding the shootoff at hillside this weekend), this list is just a heads up to those currently on the list. I encourage those that are close to the threshold to attend, in case there is an absence or the scoring from the final match changes this list.

Open:
    RePete Briggs

Tac-Limited:
    Mike Parks
    Tyler Olson
    Jim Christopher

Tac-Optics:
    Ryan Zamberlan
    Steve Griffin
    Rick Birdsall
    Jay Carillo
    Steven Gerek
    Ryan Kats
    Rob Maynard
    Jim Shema
    Jim Haggerty
    Corey Schwanz*
    Eric Smith
    Chris Wolford

*Corey needs to shoot match 12 this Sunday in order to qualify

If you are on this list and know that you will be unable to attend, please let me know, so that we can notify the competitors below you.

If you have any questions/concerns about the scores, please let me know.

Jon Fuhrman

Indiana Multigun Points Series
    compose.php

Quiggs

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 7, 2013
    Johnson County
    I find that your decision to change the rules a week before the shootoff to be unprofessional and entirely unfair. The entire season it was decided that the top shooter from open, tac limited and heavy metal would advance to the shootoff with the rest coming from tac optics. Based off that information in the beginning of the season, I decided to shoot tac optic because I knew coming in first would be difficult in any class. I have managed to to stay in the running for the shootoff this entire season and had high hopes for making it. Now with a sudden rule change a week before the match, I come to find out I don't have a chance. I would like to know the logic behind the change and why you decided to do this? It seems ridiculous that well organized group lie Indiana multigun would stray from rules set before the season. It makes me question the integrity of the group. Is one of your good friends currently in second or third in limited and that's why you decided to change who earned a right to make it to the shootoff? I think any serious 3gun club would honor the original rules that everyone was aware since the start. I'm extremely disappointed in the decision and the way you guys are running things.

jwfuhrman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 95.5%
    21   1   0
    Sep 26, 2009
    Decatur
    The rules have never changed from last season. It was only talked about changing them. Sorry if you misunderstood the difference.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    I find that your decision to change the rules a week before the shootoff to be unprofessional and entirely unfair. The entire season it was decided that the top shooter from open, tac limited and heavy metal would advance to the shootoff with the rest coming from tac optics. Based off that information in the beginning of the season, I decided to shoot tac optic because I knew coming in first would be difficult in any class. I have managed to to stay in the running for the shootoff this entire season and had high hopes for making it. Now with a sudden rule change a week before the match, I come to find out I don't have a chance. I would like to know the logic behind the change and why you decided to do this? It seems ridiculous that well organized group lie Indiana multigun would stray from rules set before the season. It makes me question the integrity of the group. Is one of your good friends currently in second or third in limited and that's why you decided to change who earned a right to make it to the shootoff? I think any serious 3gun club would honor the original rules that everyone was aware since the start. I'm extremely disappointed in the decision and the way you guys are running things.
    :welcome:
    Welcome to INGO!

cschwanz

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 5, 2010
    Fort Wayne

Just because your not on the list now doesnt mean you are out of it totally yet. kick some butt in the match this Sunday and you can move up a couple notches. Bring extra ammo just in case you bump yourself into the shootoff list

Quiggs

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 7, 2013
    Johnson County
    Correct. 16 Shootoff Slots will be the Top Shooter from each division with the rest coming from Tac Optics. Shoot Off Equipment is required to meet Tac Optics Division, no matter the division you shot during the season.

Best 5 of 12 events, 1 event at each location required with the remaining 2 required to be shooters choice.

It is recommended that you shoot as many as you can, as the more points you can earn, the better.

So how did I misunderstand this quote from you on 6-12 in response to ESmiths question the shootoff?

jwfuhrman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 95.5%
    21   1   0
    Sep 26, 2009
    Decatur
    Play that game, here is what was EXACTLY posted -

Posted 16 December 2012 - 09:42 PM
    Right now its looking like these will be the POTENTIAL changes for 2013. This is NOT set in stone at all, just want to keep our shooters in the loop!

Best 5 of 12 events will be used, with 1 event required at Wildcat, ACC and Hillside, with the remaining 2 events shot at shooters choice of club.

The 2 events added to the schedule at L'Angullie Rifle/Pistol Club will be official INMG events, but
    for 2013 will not count towards the Series. We will be adding these dates towards the end of the middle of the season.

In an effort to best comply with 3 Gun Nation, the 16 Shootoff slots most likely will be awarded to division champions and the rest is filled in with TO... so, 1 Tac Limited, 1 Open, 1 Heavy Metal Limited, 1 Heavy Tactical, and top 12 TO. Shoot Off Equipment is REQUIRED to be Tac Optics. You can compete in what ever division you want all year, but if you make the shoot off you must use Tac optics equipment.

Addition of Heavy Tactical. 308 minimum for Rifle, 20rds max, 1 MAGNIFIED OPTIC ONLY. 12ga SEMI AUTO 12GA, rules same as Tactical Optics/Limited, 40 S&W Minimum for handgun, 10rd max magazine capacity.

The 2 matches at the new range will be official INMG events, but most likely not part of the Series for this year. They will be test events to see how smooth things run.

esmith17

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 7, 2010
    First off I would like to say I want this post to be read in a happy tone. Sometimes it hard to express a joyful tone with words and some things I say may sound negative. In the past few days there has been a what ill call a error in communication. I'm not really sure what is happening and I am somewhat confused by it all. There is some kind of mix up that has caused my friend to have hurt feelings. I am in weird position in that since post #48 I have been relaying information that changes may be coming. At that time I shared the information as it was just some things to take note of. The post clearly was just informal "not set in stone" type things.

With four matches shot I was asked "has there been anymore info on INGO about the way the shoot off is going to work". I was unsure of the answer and replied " I will check into it". This is when post #105 comes into play. At that time my message of "With a quarter of the 2013 season in the books I was just wondering if this had been worked out?" was my way of asking. In that post (#105) I quoted post #48 and I removed two lines I didn't need the answer to. Something about 2 matches at a new range and something about heavy optic class. My goal was to only acquirer information on the shoot off and thought the two lines would be a waste of time on whoever answered. Jon if you feel misquoted by my removal of that information (post#119) I am sorry and apologize for that. The same day I wrote #105 post #106 was also posted with an answer to my post (#105). After reading #106 I was under the impression that the format had changed and that things were now set in stone. I think we all can agree that post #106 paints a picture of answering yes to #105. At that time I relayed the information to my friend and until Monday 10/7/13 I assumed the information to be fact.

Once again I want point out all this is said in a happy joyful tone. Im not going to say what "quiggs" posted (#113) was the right way to go about it, but I understand his frustration. I want to apologize to him for giving him information that turned out to be wrong. I feel at fault for his rant because since June I have been telling him he was in good shape to make the shoot off.

I hope we can all learn from this incident and work together to grow the sport we all love.

Top Bottom