• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jwfuhrman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 95.5%
    21   1   0
    Sep 26, 2009
    Decatur
    2013 Indiana Multigun Series presented by AP Customs, BROWNELLS, and Fuhrman Precision Services Inc.

Big things in store for 2013. Keep an eye on this thread for updates, schedule and announcements.

Here is a tentative schedule with locations. These are subject to change according the majors or other scheduling conflicts.

April 21 - ACC
    May 12 - Hillside (happy birthday to me!)
    May 26 - Wildcat
    June 9 - ACC
    June 30 - Hillside
    July 14 - Wildcat
    July 28 - Hillside
    August 4 - ACC
    August 18 - Wildcat
    September 1 - ACC
    September 29 - Wildcat
    October 13 (FINALS) - Hillside

Thats 12 events. August and September schedule has been put down around the typical weekends for some of the majors. Pro/Am, Ozark are on weekends in between the dates I have listed usually. Like I said before, this is VERY TENATIVE!

Last edited:

Barry in IN

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 31, 2008
    Maybe I'll actually make some next year. Incredibly bad timing every single match this year. One thing or another.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    Thinking about trying next year after watching some of the matches at Wildcat this Summer. Need a shotgun...and magazines...and a scope for my AR....and a 9mm...and something to carry the magazines....and ammo.....and something to carry all that stuff....and PRACTICE and TRAINING!

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    Who is going to shot heavy. It was woefully underrepresented. Then could you start a jr class? My son kick my ass and I need him in a different class.

I have to use a 1911 .45 for the pistol.
    I don't have a shotgun yet and my rifle is a .223 AR15.

So will i have to shoot heavy metal?

Last edited:

rabbitdave

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 12, 2008
    Zionsville, IN
    Will I have to using a 1911 .45 for the pistol? I don't have a shotgun yet and my rifle is a .223 AR15.

My understanding of heavy is: any .40 cal + pistol, any .30 cal+ rifle (not 300 blackout/AK), and pump shotgun. I hope to run a 1911 in .45, 870, and AR 10 but may have to settle for a FAL/G3 clone due to price of rifle. Struggling on the rifle side to make this remotely affordable.

rabbitdave

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 12, 2008
    Zionsville, IN
    Just checked the rules again... .45 ACP or larger, not more than 10 rounds loaded, manual action 12 ga or larger, .308 rifle or larger with not more than 20 rounds loaded. So I was wrong on the .40 cal and rifle.... Sorry.

jwfuhrman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 95.5%
    21   1   0
    Sep 26, 2009
    Decatur
    Heavy Metal Limited is 45acp or larger with 10rd max, 12ga minimum pump action with 8+1, 308 minimum 20rd max.

Heavy Metal Tactical is a division introduced last year that we will be most likely adding. It's rules are the same as heavy metal limited for rifle for caliber and magazine size but you can have a magnified optic. shotgun follows tactical optics/limited rules(semi auto, 12ga) and the handgun is 40 S&W minimum with 10rd max.

Barry in IN

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 31, 2008
    Who is going to shot heavy. It was woefully underrepresented.
    I didn't get to any this year, but in the past I've mostly shot Heavy Metal with a .308 Garand. I think I was the only HM shooter at least half the time.

If I make any next year, I will probably shoot HM (Garand) or HM-Tac (SCAR-17).

I'm not really in love with pump shotguns, but using one is the price I have to pay.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    My understanding of heavy is: any .40 cal + pistol, any .30 cal+ rifle (not 300 blackout/AK), and pump shotgun. I hope to run a 1911 in .45, 870, and AR 10 but may have to settle for a FAL/G3 clone due to price of rifle. Struggling on the rifle side to make this remotely affordable.

So then, I'm kinda screwed with my set-up?

Top Bottom