• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Vespid_Wasp

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 13, 2009
    Any chance for a .22 rifle/pistol and 12 ga pump fun class? No official timing, placing or prizes, just shooting. It would be a great way to get people started in MG since most shooters will have or can easily get .22's and 12 ga pump? Just a though in all of this craziness.

Bring FACTORY ammo and a secure glock 17 holster and I'll let you run a match with my guns.

Vespid_Wasp

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 13, 2009
    So you have all the shooters you need for multigun then?

Why would you give the match directors a hard time for using the ubiquitous application that is available on mobile and is univerals and easy to navigate?

Is it harder to sign up for facebook than it was to sign up for INGO? You don't even have to use your real name if you don't want to.

The alternative is that the match directors have to post info and updates, AND answer questions here on INGO, ARFcom, Enos Forum, Sigforum, et al.

Cut them some slack and make their job easier.

Also: Yes we have plenty of shooters at every match. We all welcome and go out of our way to help new shooters get into the sport. And we appreciate it when new shooters put forth a modicum of effort to go to where the information is.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    ...Yes we have plenty of shooters at every match...

Thanks for the answer! As a competitive shooter with the inclination for considering multigun, I'll keep this in mind, along with the rest of your post which seems less than inviting.

If you only want Facebooker's, I understand. I'm just not one.

Last edited:

cschwanz

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 5, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Match announcements will be made here im sure as well. This is a great place for people to here in IN to talk about shooting sports. There is also the INMG website that will have the schedule of events listed. If you want to shoot multi-gun match, check the schedule, get your gear together and come on out. If you don't, then stay home or go to a different type of match. Not that big of a problem

mertbl

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    You don't even have to sign up for Facebook. If you are on the Google group mailing list, you'll receive all the match announcements.

IndianaSlim

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Thanks for the answer! As a competitive shooter with the inclination for considering multigun, I'll keep this in mind, along with the rest of your post which seems less than inviting.

Wow. Maybe you should send Jon a pm and ask him to call you or text you with every match update. I'm sure he's got plenty of time. Putting one of these matches on (let alone a dozen of said matches) isn't that big of a deal.

Multigun as a sport is probably the most welcoming sport I've ever had the pleasure of being involved in. I had a pistol crash on the first stage of one of the first matches this year. Before my targets were scored I had not one but FOUR pistols to choose from. Two of the gentlemen I'd only known for a grand total of 3 minutes.

I you do a little research on past threads mentioning new shooters, you will find that nearly every time a potential new shooter asks about equipment they get something like this......."you're more than welcome to shoot my $5k worth of firearms any time you'd like." Usually this comment comes from more than one person.

The only time we complain about shooter numbers it's 90 degrees out and we are cranky from being in the sun all day. And while you may hear "gosh if we had 20 less people here we would be out of this heat already" you will never hear "we would be home already if it wasn't for all these new shooters"

+1 million to Jon, Ryan and all the rest of the inmg crew for making this series what it is. I'll Facebook stalk you anytime!!

jwfuhrman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 95.5%
    21   1   0
    Sep 26, 2009
    Decatur

Sorry I don't have the time to cater to posting to 15 different places. This is a 100% volunteer effort by everyone involved. Facebook, our Email list(google group) and the IndianaMultigun.com website is where every announcement other than match announcements will be made. We will still post those to the various web forums.

While we welcome all shooters of any skill level, we don't welcome bad attitudes.

esmith17

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 7, 2010
    It's very interesting that someone with over 6000 post to an internet based forum would have such a problem logging on to Facebook or joining an email list.

rabbitdave

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 12, 2008
    Zionsville, IN
    Thanks for the Offer and an Idea

Bring FACTORY ammo and a secure glock 17 holster and I'll let you run a match with my guns.

Thanks for the offer. I'm supporting my son to run Jr Irons, and with costs they way they are, factory ammo x2 is the bigger problem and knowing that several firearm schools are starting to allow .22 AR, I thought I would put it out there.

Here is another though, Match Directors are always looking for help with set up. How about a group of 12 sets up, give $35 for targets and time, and runs the course the day before with .22's and 12 ga? They could point out any issues with set up and 24 hands would make it go quick for setup. Just a thought.

BROBERTS

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Warsaw IN.
    I have several people that shoot my match that will not join face book for what ever reason. There my age and younger.

I have a couple of shooters that don't have the internet and I print and mail scores to them.

Not surprising that older gentlemen don't want to join facebook.

jwfuhrman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 95.5%
    21   1   0
    Sep 26, 2009
    Decatur
    Thanks for the offer. I'm supporting my son to run Jr Irons, and with costs they way they are, factory ammo x2 is the bigger problem and knowing that several firearm schools are starting to allow .22 AR, I thought I would put it out there.

Here is another though, Match Directors are always looking for help with set up. How about a group of 12 sets up, give $35 for targets and time, and runs the course the day before with .22's and 12 ga? They could point out any issues with set up and 24 hands would make it go quick for setup. Just a thought.

While it is an excellent idea, 22lr would not properly activate or even be able to engage some targets and the longer distance targets.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    I have several people that shoot my match that will not join face book for what ever reason. There my age and younger.

I have a couple of shooters that don't have the internet and I print and mail scores to them.

Not surprising that older gentlemen don't want to join facebook.

I won't join Facebook. I didn't know about the email list (my fault).

jwfuhrman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 95.5%
    21   1   0
    Sep 26, 2009
    Decatur
    All the match announcements and link to registration when it opens will still be posted here. Everything else gets posted to FaceBook and the Google Group.

Last edited:

jwfuhrman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 95.5%
    21   1   0
    Sep 26, 2009
    Decatur
    Registration is now open. If you select to pay by check, please email Jon and let him know. You can bring it to the first match in April. He will have a list of all those who have paid and need to pay. Follow the link below and click on Series Registration Form and fill it out.

2013 Series Info

jwfuhrman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 95.5%
    21   1   0
    Sep 26, 2009
    Decatur
    In an effort to help out our shooters we are instituting a lower round count at each match. Last year we had everyone bring 100 Rifle, 100 Pistol, 100 Birdshot and 5 Slugs. We are moving to 60/60/50/5. Since ammo is so scarce and stupidly price gouged, we are hoping this helps our shooters out.

mertbl

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Might want to clarify that we were told to bring 2x the expected round count of 100/100/100/5 last year

Last edited:
    Top Bottom