• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • johny5

not a shill account
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 3, 2014
    Indianapolis
    I decided to bite the proverbial bullet and buy one of these jigs, since I was not satisfied with the fit of the ejector. Long-story-short, this jig is excellent.

With it, I was able to fit the ejector in 15 minutes. To anyone looking for an effective way to secure and properly fit a 1911 ejector, I highly recommend this thing.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I decided to bite the proverbial bullet and buy one of these jigs, since I was not satisfied with the fit of the ejector. Long-story-short, this jig is excellent.

With it, I was able to fit the ejector in 15 minutes. To anyone looking for an effective way to secure and properly fit a 1911 ejector, I highly recommend this thing.

I fit mine up old school but this might be worth a look-see.

johny5

not a shill account
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 3, 2014
    Indianapolis
    Went to class at the compound this morning. Mouse looked things over, provided some pointers about fit and finish for future projects.

Overall, I walked away with a "Respectable First Effort".

Have to say, I was pretty happy with that.

johny5

not a shill account
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 3, 2014
    Indianapolis
    Also watching, been curious for a few years. I would like to build a 9mm 1911 and a class would be good.

I did this with a combination of youtube videos, a couple books and the help of Churchmouse. As mentioned up-thread, he was also kind enough to look things over and provide some good pointers for any future builds.

I will look to get some final pictures up this week.

If you are considering a build, I would really encourage you to do it. You will not save any money doing it, but you will learn a lot. The pistol I built won't win any beauty contests, but I am really proud of it and feel a genuine connection with it.

I wonder of we could get CM and/or AllenM to hold a build class....

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I did this with a combination of youtube videos, a couple books and the help of Churchmouse. As mentioned up-thread, he was also kind enough to look things over and provide some good pointers for any future builds.

I will look to get some final pictures up this week.

If you are considering a build, I would really encourage you to do it. You will not save any money doing it, but you will learn a lot. The pistol I built won't win any beauty contests, but I am really proud of it and feel a genuine connection with it.

I wonder of we could get CM and/or AllenM to hold a build class....

If I have the time.....and I like you.......I work for cheese burgers.

I would consider helping in the assembly phase if you were to acquire all the proper parts. Now understand me and a 9mm 1911 might cause a rift in the warp time continuum so there is that to consider.

As Johny 5 already knows it takes the right tools/patience and time to do one of these. They do not get fit up in 1 afternoon. Especially if there are slide to frame fit up to deal with.

But I have to like you 1st.......:):

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    Also watching, been curious for a few years. I would like to build a 9mm 1911 and a class would be good.

I've thought about doing this as sort of an informal INGO get together but would need a suitable location. I've helped members out individually but it might be fun to get a group together.

USMC_0311

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 30, 2008
    Anderson
    I've thought about doing this as sort of an informal INGO get together but would need a suitable location. I've helped members out individually but it might be fun to get a group together.
    I was thinking maybe a Zoom meeting might work real nice for something like this.

AllenM

Diamond Collision Inc. Avon.
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    133   0   0
    Apr 20, 2008
    Avon

I have a building. I think it would be cool to share tips and tricks.

Plinker556

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 12, 2020
    Central Indiana

I would be interested for sure, I have been hesitant to dive in thinking that I don't know what I don't know and would hate to get over my head ending up with a cool paperweight.

Top Bottom