• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Tyler-The-Piker

Boondock Saint
    Rating - 100%
    101   0   0
    Jun 24, 2013
    ><(((((*>
    I'd like to learn about fitment and smoothing of triggers plus I have severe "idiot scratch" phobia lol so instead of always using electrical tape or credit cards, I'd like to see different tricks or techniques to prevent "idiot scratch" during reassembly.

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    Cool! Sounds like we have a weekend and a location. Anything specific folks would like to learn, see demoed?

I would like to learn more about techniques for fitment of the grip safety.

Also, I have not performed any slide/frame blending. Would like some guidance there, too, before I start cutting metal.

No problem with that.

gmcttr

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    May 22, 2013
    Columbus
    ...I'd like to see different tricks or techniques to prevent "idiot scratch" during reassembly.

A few minutes with a needle file and you have this modification to the slide stop. Helps you to safely push it straight in.

ZtrJbc0.jpg

Double T

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   1
    Aug 5, 2011
    Huntington
    I just caught this thread, and so glad y'all figured the 4th weekend was best. 3rd weekend is my kiddos bday. I won't have my work schedule for a couple weeks, but I would love to come down and soak up some knowledge.

I've been wanting to build a 2011 for quite a bit now, and could use any info I can get in person :)

AllenM

Diamond Collision Inc. Avon.
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    133   0   0
    Apr 20, 2008
    Avon
    I just caught this thread, and so glad y'all figured the 4th weekend was best. 3rd weekend is my kiddos bday. I won't have my work schedule for a couple weeks, but I would love to come down and soak up some knowledge.

I've been wanting to build a 2011 for quite a bit now, and could use any info I can get in person :)

My favorite thing to do :)

ashby koss

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jan 24, 2013
    Connersville
    I've been hand-lapping it for the last two days while on conference calls, constantly checking the fit. This afternoon, the thumb safety was suddenly able to slide in. Super gratifying! I have not blended it to the frame yet, but it fits.
    :rockwoot:

this right here is the reason To go hand fitting if you can. To sit back and say every stroke was your hand. It is some kind of magic. While you fit the gun together your also giving it character with your hands. Your fitting it to you!

johny5

not a shill account
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 3, 2014
    Indianapolis
    Keep an eye on this space. I met with AllenM this afternoon to discuss the meetup. Have some details we need to hammer out with CM and DrillSgt. Once that happens, we will post something in the official meetup area.

In the meantime, if you have a 1911 that you would like to perform a trigger job on, if you want to learn some smithing techniques from some excellent 1911 gunsmiths, or if you want to hang out with a group of fellow 1911 enthusiast and guess how many hard-boiled eggs CM can consume in 60-minutes - mark the last weekend in October on your calendar and hold those dates.

johny5

not a shill account
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 3, 2014
    Indianapolis
    Are you new to the 1911 platform? Do you own a stock 1911 and would like to tune it to get more out of it? Have you considered building a 1911 but are not sure where to start? Would you like to learn from experienced gunsmiths how to tune the 1911 system to maximize its performance?This workshop is for you!

The event will be Saturday, October 31st @ Diamond Collision.
    We'll be posting a more detailed description to the 'INGO Events' thread soon, but wanted you all to be aware that we are moving ahead with the 1911-builders workshop.

We will be able to accommodate 15 folks - so mark your calendars and send me a message if you are planning to attend. I will add you to the roster.

*lock fanboys need not apply...

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 29, 2016
    Bloomington
    Wow, if you end up with any extra open spots, post here before the events. My scheduling for work is iffy. But id love to learn.
    Been wanting to speak in person to someone about my 1911 for a long long time now. And itd be awesome to feel good about doing a little of my own work

johny5

not a shill account
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 3, 2014
    Indianapolis
    Wow, if you end up with any extra open spots, post here before the events. My scheduling for work is iffy. But id love to learn.
    Been wanting to speak in person to someone about my 1911 for a long long time now. And itd be awesome to feel good about doing a little of my own work

"The list for the alternates is in the ladies room."

Top Bottom