• Status
    Not open for further replies.

strahd71

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    wanatah
    did the guy have the legal right to detain anyone? being as he was not a cop did not show a badge the kid had every right to fight back.......

unless something else comes out, and who knows it could..... it just sounds like the shooter is a douche bag. neighbor hood watch was never meant to roam the streets as vigilantes, they were simply there to watch and call the police.

i'm amazed that folks are ok with this guy trying to detain someone......

jake

Jake46184

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 2, 2011
    Indianapoils
    If nothing else is for sure in this case, we can be 100% sure that the liberal media will continue to create anything and everything they can to sensationalize the story for their own benefit. They're desperately trying to invent and revise to make the "facts" fit their desired outcome. A white guy being involved in a good shoot against a black teen is not in their best interest. It's not what makes them the most money. It's not what best advances their agenda.

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Perhaps you are.

Language is not a race. If I was a young urban youth I would fire my lawyer if he began speaking to me (or the press) in "ebonics" for lack of a better word.

My local Indian (from India, not the Indians that attacked flatboats on the river) quickie mart owner speaks perfect English and his command of it makes me self concious of my "Ohio Valley drawl" whenever I go in.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    As a new guy, can I expect every single thread to degenerate into a "I hate liberals" love fest?

Pretty much. I'm about as little l libertarian as it gets and the constant "the liberals this and the liberals that" does get old. Especially those that will vote for nothing but a republican liberal.

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    Somewhere over the rainbow
    As a new guy, can I expect every single thread to degenerate into a "I hate liberals" love fest?
    Yes, and if you join a liberal gun forum every thread will disintegrate into "conservatives are all closet KKK members who want to revive antebellum American culture."

Both are tiresome. Choose your poison.

Fargo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    In a state of acute Pork-i-docis
    I'm actually sure of that too. However, were the kids actions legal? If the guy tried to detain the kid, and the kid laid a serious smackdown on him, then at that point the man may have feared for his life and believed he had to shoot the kid. The problem, only one of the participants actions were illegal, and it wasnt the unarmed 17 year old with skittles in his pocket.

Another thing I forgot to mention is about the shooters weapon. I just took for granted that it was concealed. If the shooter had been open carrying, that even further escalates the situation. If the kid was aware of the gun, at some point during the altercation with (to him) a stranger, he may have easily believe that he was fighting for his life.

The problem again, is that there is only one story that we will ever get; the shooters. A guy who intentionally forced a confrontation with an unarmed juvenile who had a legal right to be where he was, and as far as we know, wasn't breaking any laws. I'm sorry, that just stinks.

I'm betting that this may end up in the hand of the DOJ.

I completely agree, the very scenario of the Watch Captain going after this guy makes me really queasy. If it is as described, a sworn LEO probably wouldn't have had reasonable suspicion to stop the guy, much less the self appointed neighborhood nanny.

If it is true that Orlando PD was coaching witnesses afterward and encouraging them to change who was yelling for help, I too wouldn't be surprised to see the Feds get involved.

Best,

Joe

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    I'm actually sure of that too. However, were the kids actions legal? If the guy tried to detain the kid, and the kid laid a serious smackdown on him, then at that point the man may have feared for his life and believed he had to shoot the kid. The problem, only one of the participants actions were illegal, and it wasnt the unarmed 17 year old with skittles in his pocket.

Another thing I forgot to mention is about the shooters weapon. I just took for granted that it was concealed. If the shooter had been open carrying, that even further escalates the situation. If the kid was aware of the gun, at some point during the altercation with (to him) a stranger, he may have easily believe that he was fighting for his life.

The problem again, is that there is only one story that we will ever get; the shooters. A guy who intentionally forced a confrontation with an unarmed juvenile who had a legal right to be where he was, and as far as we know, wasn't breaking any laws. I'm sorry, that just stinks.

I'm betting that this may end up in the hand of the DOJ.
    OC is Illegal in Florida, with the exception if you are Hunting, Fishing, or Camping...

*Caveat
    Florida has some OC Legislation in the works. I am unfamiliar with it and where it is though...

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom