• Status
    Not open for further replies.

CarmelHP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Carmel
    In all seriousness, how did single action pistols come up in the conversation? The PF9 is DAO.

A pistol that fires only in "double action mode" is technically a single action as it has only a single mode. The term "double action" came into being because a pistol that can be hammer cocked and cocked by the trigger has two action modes, thus "double action." The sense in which dross used the term is the commonly used, but technically incorrect, understanding. It sounds as if the witness was using the term to confuse the jury.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    You know what he meant.;)

No, not really. You know I don't understand the modern gun speak with its hipping and hopping and wearing hats sideways.

Double action only means the weapon can only be fired in one method thus it is single action.

When they started changing what double action meant, I declared myself exempt.:D

billybob44

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    384   0   0
    Sep 22, 2010
    In the Man Cave
    Need to watch some of the trial..

I'll take the bet. The Judge gets no mileage out of approving a motion to dismiss. Nor will the Judge grant a directed verdict at teh conclusion of the trial. The Judge does not want to become a political whipping boy, its much easier to pass the buck to the jury.

Very difficult to do--Judge is a "political whipping GIRL"

I too am betting he doesn't grant it. No judge in his right mind is putting his weiner on the chopping block for something as preposterous as doing the right thing.:D

SHE has NO "weiner" to put on the "chopping block"...Bill.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom