• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • nucular

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 17, 2012
    Brownsburg
    The 2.0 trigger is the best out of the box trigger I have ever felt. I do like the new flat faced trigger but it's not enough of an improvement to upgrade from a non-flat faced 2.0.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    The 2.0 trigger is the best out of the box trigger I have ever felt. I do like the new flat faced trigger but it's not enough of an improvement to upgrade from a non-flat faced 2.0.
    Have you had a chance to try a Canik trigger? Best out of the box trigger I have had was my Springfield 1911 Ronin 45.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    Not yet but I have seen a few at the local shop. Pretty nice?
    The Canik especially the newer I'd say tp9DA and up have good triggers out of the box. You'll have to try it out. The latest Canik is the METE. I've watched a few reviews and they say it's the best trigger yet. I'm tempted to buy one. SFT OR SFX doesn't matter to me.

shibumiseeker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    near Bedford on a whole lot of land.
    I picked up the full size from Bobcat yesterday. It fits my hand well and the grip texture is fantastic. The trigger slack is long and gritty but the staging is solid and the release is clean.

The sights are really tall in anticipation of an RMR which would cowitness, but I’m going to look at lower profile. They are dovetailed in so should be easy.

The balance is really good.

Haven’t fired it yet, will report back later.

nucular

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 17, 2012
    Brownsburg
    I picked up the full size from Bobcat yesterday. It fits my hand well and the grip texture is fantastic. The trigger slack is long and gritty but the staging is solid and the release is clean.

The sights are really tall in anticipation of an RMR which would cowitness, but I’m going to look at lower profile. They are dovetailed in so should be easy.

The balance is really good.

Haven’t fired it yet, will report back later.

That's interesting about the grittiness. These are the same triggers as the shield 2.0s, right? Maybe I just lucked out with mine but both are smooth as silk.

ECS686

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 9, 2017
    Brazil
    Truth, but in this case it feels like there is sand in it. I have’t had it apart yet to clean it out, but it won’t surprise me to find actual grit.

My most recent M&P (my second 2.0) a 45 compact (4” barrel full size frame) was the only one that the trigger seemed gritty/sand but after around 200-250 rounds it is broken in.

That said I have had several M&Ps since 2007 a 9 a 9c gifted my Daughter her own 9c a 45 a 2.0 45 full size and my compact. Son in law has a 5” 1.9 pro and a 2.0 9. Then I shot a couple THPD M&P 40’s before hey went to Glock 21’s. In all that never had any bad or gritty triggers just the one and it worked out.

Looking at a new 9 with optics ready and flat trigger and think they will be a nice gun.

The 10mm M&P looks great but for me with the majority of 10mm being 40 slightly plus P I’ll probably pass.

shibumiseeker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    near Bedford on a whole lot of land.
    My most recent M&P (my second 2.0) a 45 compact (4” barrel full size frame) was the only one that the trigger seemed gritty/sand but after around 200-250 rounds it is broken in.

That said I have had several M&Ps since 2007 a 9 a 9c gifted my Daughter her own 9c a 45 a 2.0 45 full size and my compact. Son in law has a 5” 1.9 pro and a 2.0 9. Then I shot a couple THPD M&P 40’s before hey went to Glock 21’s. In all that never had any bad or gritty triggers just the one and it worked out.

Looking at a new 9 with optics ready and flat trigger and think they will be a nice gun.

The 10mm M&P looks great but for me with the majority of 10mm being 40 slightly plus P I’ll probably pass.
    Yeah, I now have about a hundred dry fire and a bunch of takeup, I can see inside the slide where the trigger bar rubs against the firing pin block is starting to get shiny and it’s a lot less gritty.

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    I just came from Highsmith's and they had a new M&P 10mm. That gun was pretty nice, solid, and I love those those new triggers, this one had a very nice trigger pull. It was the shorter barrel with thumb safety. 649.00 if anybody needs one.

edporch

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Oct 19, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Premier Arms posted about having a 10mm M&P 2.0 in stock today.
    I totally believe you, but for some reason I never saw that posted on their FB page news feed even though I checked every day multiple times because they said they'd post it.

I STILL can't find that post on their news feed from any day last week.
    So I assume they put it up and quickly removed the post.

Last edited:

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    I totally believe you, but for some reason I never saw that posted on their FB page news feed even though I checked every day multiple times because they said they'd post it.

I STILL can't find that post on their news feed from any day last week.
    So I assume they put it up and quickly removed the post.

On the 15th
    (url embedded above)

And again

On the 17th
    (url embedded above)

Had to post like that because the forum software was turning the Facebook urls into media links when posting from a mobile device.

edporch

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Oct 19, 2010
    Indianapolis
    On the 15th
    (url embedded above)

And again

On the 17th
    (url embedded above)

Had to post like that because the forum software was turning the Facebook urls into media links when posting from a mobile device.
    Thanks, I did finally find them when I blew up a picture from the 18th.
    I guess I was confused when they told me they'd "announce" it on their FB page when they got them.
    They just showed one in a picture that had other guns in it, and I had to blow it up large to see it.
    NOW that I know how they "announce" them I'll be better prepared. :)

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    I bought a compact no safety yesterday at ZX. They had a couple others in stock, a compact w/safety and a full size.

I am going to order a red dot for it (already set up for it and has the tall sights), but am sort of mystified by the whole thing as this will be popping my RDS cherry.

Top Bottom