• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • russc2542

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Oct 24, 2015
    Columbus
    What all did you polish? Just the plunger and the trigger bar where it interfaces with the plunger?
    The bottom of the plunger (rounded & polished)
    The hump on the trigger bar that pushes the plunger up (polished)
    The straight bit of the end of the trigger bar where it pushes sideways against the fire control housing (polished)

From the factory it's just stamped sheet metal and it's rough AF.

1690474983196.png

nucular

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 17, 2012
    Brownsburg
    The bottom of the plunger (rounded & polished)
    The hump on the trigger bar that pushes the plunger up (polished)
    The straight bit of the end of the trigger bar where it pushes sideways against the fire control housing (polished)

From the factory it's just stamped sheet metal and it's rough AF.

View attachment 289548

I'll take another stab. I polished the crap out of that plunger and dry fired about 1000 times. Its better but still gritty. What did you polish with? I was being pretty gentle.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I'll take another stab. I polished the crap out of that plunger and dry fired about 1000 times. Its better but still gritty. What did you polish with? I was being pretty gentle.
    When I polished mine, I focused on the plunger in the slide. Both the plunger itself and the hole that it fits into. That seems to be the source of a big part of the grit. I think that I used either 600 or 1000 grit sandpaper wrapped around a wooden dowel to remove any production burrs in the bore.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Me too. One of just a very few I have seen posted that would make me interested in picking up a 1911.
    I dunno. I am a 1911 fan. Not exclusively of course. I likes my plastic-tacticools too. But that is sweet. Makes my blood sugar go up just looking at a photo.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    When I polished mine, I focused on the plunger in the slide. Both the plunger itself and the hole that it fits into. That seems to be the source of a big part of the grit. I think that I used either 600 or 1000 grit sandpaper wrapped around a wooden dowel to remove any production burrs in the bore.
    So my 3000 and 5000 grit is probably way to fine?
    When I'm done it is really smooth though. Probably takes a lot more time no doubt.

russc2542

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Oct 24, 2015
    Columbus
    Knife polishing kit. started 500grit but only briefly. 1k then whatever the saphhire stone is.

On mine the plunger gave it a lot of unevenness and caught but the straight leg at the end was the part that was gritty AF throughout. A spring pulls it sideways running the stamped edge against the FCG body.

Top Bottom